Options

Winter 100

12346»

Comments

• Options

75 now image The numbers available always seems a bit behind when you click on to see the name of the entrants there always seems to be a few more in the list.

• Options

Any ideas when it sold out last year. very tempted but under the fizz at the moment with a few niggles (following quadzilla) so don't want to commit. Also reason intrested in this one is navigation which I hate. realise dark for longer but as never more than 12 and half miles from home easier?

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

The first 100 places went in hours, now it's at 133ish so not filling up that quickly. 

• Options

Recce'd the 3rd spur yesterday.  Never too early!   Don't think I'll bother recce-ing the others until the floods subside.   Will also help as I'm running the Ridgeway as well in August.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Richyla: Snap also doing Ridgeway, so that's half of it done in one direction anyway image

• Options

Just entered. Looking forward already. Was impressed with TP100 in 2012 so back for another Centurion event even though they are a long way from Aberdeen.

Anyone got a feel how W100 would compare against a mid-March TP100 ? I understand that about half the course is the same. Do I need to come down and recce the Ridgway out and backs? Are they road shoe or trail shoe type of trails - TP100 felt pretty much road shoe till I encountered all the mud!

How does the Streatley check point work - can you set up a little corner of your own stuff - spare shoes, personal food etc??

Anyway plenty to keep occupied over the summer - WHW being the main event

• Options

I didn’t have any problems with navigation on the Ridgeway sections of the W 100, and I found them fairly runnable.  I think that the event could be undertaken with either road or trail shoes.  Obviously there is a lot more ascent/descent on the Ridgeway spurs.  The central checkpoint is a logistic strength of this event, because you are never too far from your drop bag, and you can pretty much have as much spare kit as you want. 

• Options

The ridgeway sections are really well way marked and centurion race markings are excellent. Plus there are runners on the out and backs headed in both directions.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

*excited* plus I'm doing the ridgeway challenge so will have done those sections in August. great warm up for the winter100 image 

• Options

I have decided to throw my hat into the ring this year.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Yeahhhhhhh image hang around and if you want some extra practise, after you've finished and had a snooze, come back and jog / walk in with me image 

i hope we get the number it says we are on the website. as I'm in the list as 111 that  will be cool. Wasn't there a funny thread about someone who thought their number was misprinted because it was just a series of lines? image 

i'm also a cricket fan so running with England's bogey number amuses me. I like the idea of that. 

• Options

Not many places left.....

• Options

Booktrunk, does that mean you are going to be doing a little hop/skip and jump every mile like David Shepherd used to do??!  I don't think I'd have the energy!

I did a 30 miler on the Ridgeway on Sunday so I can start my taper for the NDW 50 now.  I still can't imagine going 100 miles as I felt so wiped after 30 miles!  The furthest I've done is 37 miles (albeit the day after 32 miles).  I'm confident enough to get through the NDW, but it does terrify me at the thought of 86 and 100 miles.

I've read enough to know that it's Positive Mental Attitude once the legs start complaining though!

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Maybe Richyla image

was in Nottingham last night listening to blowers talking about tms for 2 hours, fantastic image

• Options

Wow, who'd have thought Runner's World would turn into a cricket forum!!  

I won't mention it again, but I think that would be a good way to pass the time on a run listening to TMS!

I look forward to the hopping, Booktrunk!

• Options

Love the idea of a winter 100 but the thought of all the flat ground and well signed course have forced me to bow out this year .

However I appear to have put in an application to enter the 'Piece Of String "run. The thought of no end in sight and having to use my Compass at times really excites me.

Have I lost it or is this the future?

• Options

Ten places left. 

If you want one, act now!

• Options

The W100 is my attempt to "scratch that itch" of not completing the TP100 a few weeks ago!

Also, as a bonus, I'll get the pre-qualification for next years TP100 now they've upped it to a minimum of a completed 50 mile race.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

It says 197 out if 200 places taken. I know they usually do waiting lists, but if you are thinking.... Not long left to enter!