Options

Windy Runs

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't dare eat a Jerusalem artichoke.
  • Options
    slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    What if the regulars on this thread all got together for a meal?  We could have Jerusalem artichoke soup, followed by a nice lentil curry....
  • Options
    ...washed down with some draught Bass real ale which produces disgusting sulphurous farts...........well it does with me.......
  • Options

image that's to Bass.... Smells like eggy farts before you drink it!

A nice fruity Old Peculier or Black Sheep for me image

Don't forget the sprouts Slo Sho, maybe as a side dish to the curry....

• Options

Ooooooooooooh, it's sprout season again soon. Marvellous.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmmmm ..... sprouts .....
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

The evenings are drawing in and it's time to dust off the old slow cooker again for those hearty cold weather stews. Last weekend's effort was a root veg and lentil curry, which provided me with a handy tailwind during this evening's little jaunt.

Planning for this weekend my special recipe homemade baked beans ... they're flatutastic! Best consumed with lashings of really strong garlic bread for that burning at both ends feeling image

• Options
    slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭

That's quite a picture you're painting there Muttley...

I've had good results from my two-bean soup, and if the next day I have my spicy lentil soup I find a definite cumulative effect.

• Options
    Cant believe such a waste of bodily gasses! Really should be saved for the duvet over head party piece.......Mrs Canary loves it. Only  she has a strange way of showing it (elbow to morc and mindy normally)
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Okay then my flatulent friends, here's the recipe for Muttley's Methane Madness Home Made Baked Beans. Serves 4-5, freezes well enough too.

2 onions, diced
    2 tins chopped tomatoes (good quality with concentrated juice rather than 10p Tesco value tins)
    pack of bacon lardons, or several rashers of streaky finely chopped, or good chunk of chorizo finely chopped, or several frankfurters finely chopped (or any similar, preferably smoked)
    1 pint stock
    2-4 dessert spoons black treacle, to taste
    good dollops of favourite sauces, spicy ketchup or barbecue types work best
    3 tins beans - haricot, flageolet, cannellini, chick peas all work well

1. Heat some oil (olive is good) in a large pan. Fry the onions gently till soft.
    2. Add lardons or whatever and fry till browned.
    3. Add tomatoes, stir well, add favourite sauces to taste, add black treacle to taste and stir well. Could also add tomato puree or passata, up to you to get the sauce as you like it.
    4. Add beans, stir well and bring to boil.
    5. Decant to slow cooker and add stock (boiling or hot as poss, you may not need all of it, the idea is to add enough liquid to compensate for evaporation during cooking).
    6. Leave to cook on low setting for the rest of the day, at least 6 hours. If you don't have a slow cooker, your oven may have an equivalent setting. Or at very lowest setting on hob - it should be barely simmering, just the occasional plop.

Enjoy with chunks of fresh bread straight out the breadmaker or, even better, a baton of garlic bread.

<parp!>

• Options
    "Tis the season to be parpy" appears to have started a few weeks too early in this house. Not that it bothers me mind.
  • Options
    Started, f f? It should never stop if you're functioning as nature intended, surely? Our house never fails to hum to the sounds and scents of melodic lower air displacement irrespective of the time of year.
  • Options
    have to say I cooked a rather large batch of veg curry over the weekend which should do for about 3 meals Chez Buddha.......

I reckon it maybe a bit fragrant there by the weekend......

[noseclips to the ready.......]
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Boing ... this thread cannot die, even if it smells as if it has ...

I'm not a great fan of iPods but they do have their uses. I was bimbling along the towpath this evening and could feel the pressure building up. But walking just in front of me was a young blonde lady. I didn't want to run past and blast her away with a good waft of Essence de Muttley but there was nothing I could do. 

Fortunately, she was wearing an iPod. Phew.

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    oh it is that windy round here
  • Options
    running Brighton marathon on Sunday I could hear a guy next to me at one point breaking off a few arse biscuits and I just had to smile.......as I cracked one off in tune with him.......

ah the simple joys of life
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

I thought after nearly a year that this thread needed to be brought back to life again. So here's a link:-

What a waste.

Parp on friends.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Welcome back, old friend.

<makes to give thread a big hug but then thinks better of it>

The local Co-op has been selling off 1lb bags of sprouts for 40p. My dinner last night was a whole bag shredded and stir-fried with some smoked bacon. The other night I roasted the sprouts - yum.

Fortunately for my colleagues, I am not in the office today.

• Options
    This thread can't die... it needs pumping up... (dyswidt)
  • Options

Welcome back, thread.

<wipes away manly tear and trumps gently>

fat face wrote (see)

I thought after nearly a year that this thread needed to be brought back to life again. So here's a link:-

What a waste.

Parp on friends.

That's an April Fool, right? Otherwise what happens to all the trapped farts?

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Well I saw an advert for them in a magazine so I had to check out the website.
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I have a big pan of bean stew slowly plopping away on the cooker. Flavoured with smoked bacon, smoked paprika and a dollop of Reggae Reggae sauce. On the menu for tonight's dinner, with a garlic baguette. So the flatulent frolics and methane madness are set to continue here at Muttley Mansions.

As for the fart-suppressing undercrackers - I mean, but why?

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Indeed Muttley. They are wrong. So very very wrong.

• Options

Never mind wrong, they're downright dangerous. Wait till the government hear about them and start making them compulsory.

Soon it will be illegal to rip one off in a public place without a suppressor, you mark my words. And you thought the smoking ban was bad.

The tragic thing is, like the atom bomb, evil things cannot be uninvented and I fear we're all doomed.

I'm so upset I'm going to have to console myself with a bowl of vegetable chilli with garlic bread while I still can.

• Options
    wahay - a great old thread comes back....

I saw an ad last week for the fart suppressing undercrackers as well - they just seem so bizarre. as mutts says - why??

• Options

And what happens when you take them off. If there's a naked flame nearby it could be very nasty.

Anyway, for lunch I had sausage and fried egg oatcakes, and I had plenty of cauliflower, cabbage and peas with my dinner, so I'm looking forward to a musical evening image

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    I'm guffing like a good un this morning.
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Glad my dentist never cracked one off whilst  performing root canal treatment.

Open wide.