Options

Outlaw 2014

Comments

• Options
    slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

Go Pirates- looking good!  image

• Options
  • Options

Tracker down again. I will keep checking but been down for me for last 25 mins. 

Go Pirates keep up the excellent racing.

• Options

Yay - go piratesimageimage

• Options
    SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

10:29:38 image very very happy

Thank you Pirates for making a great day even better. Amazing stuff

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Options

wow - fantastic Slokey Joe.Well doneimage

• Options

Anyone else having problems with the tracker? Data seems to be about 4 hours old.

• Options

Great time SJ image

• Options
    Thinking of you all!!!

I bet there's some fab tan lines after today!
  • Options

Update we have 5 of 7 Relay team finished Well done everyone excellent efforts. In individual 9 pirates are finished and 7 putting up great performances, keep it up amazing efforts everyone looks like everyone is on track to finish image.

Relay

4 Abingdon and vale Tri Club S Williams/ A Issacs/E Carter (Black Hat) Total: 11:51:09
    15 Digger and the Divas Total: 11:59:32
    22 MC/Buttercup/MrsD TBC at Run 6/8
    28 Meldy’s Misfits!!! Total: 11:06:49
    38 Trogs and Toucs book ending a guest cyclist Total: 11:17:59
    51 John/ Pudge/ UltraKazaaaghKanga Total: 12:07:55
    61 Bookie/Cake/Dawn shadow TBC at Run 6/8

Individual

137 Happychap Bike (112M): 7:13:09 at Run4/8
    141 Gymaddict Total: 13:38:09
    152 Running Postie Total: 12:07:19
    172 Ghost Bike (112M): 6:58:24 at Run7/8
    182 Seren Bike (112M): 6:28:47 at Run6/8
    183 M...eldy Bike (112M): 7:05:15 at Run6/8
    262 Engineer Total: 10:15:24
    320 Budjude Total: 12:43:39
    410 BluePeter Total: 11:34:17
    492 JPGoodboy Bike (112M): 7:07:12 at Run5/8
    474 Flat Footed Total: 13:37:31
    523 FerrousTom Total: 13:04:31
    564 ButtonMushroom Bike (112M): 7:11:43 at Run6/8
    593 Tricoops Total: 13:44:02
    676 GraemeK Bike (112M): 6:39:01 at Run6/8
    834 Cheggers Total: 11:15:59

Come on Pirates!

• Options

Seren has finished image Well done

182 Seren     Total: 13:52:42

• Options

Fantastic work pirates! Been thinking of you all today! 

• Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭

No race reports done yet then?  Tsk.

• Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    14h45, a poor run but well pleased with the swim and especially the bike. For a first tri, I'm happy. The run from the first to second loop seemed uphill, into the wind and endless.
  • Options

Well in guys, some great times...go Pirates......yay.

• Options
    Amazing results pirates!
  • Options

We'll if you wanted a report....

Ok, first thing Monday morning and I'm awake and at a campsite that is far quieter than it was yesterday. We're off to France on holiday in a few hours and I don't know if I'll have any internet there so I thought I'll do a quick report now.  

It was very good.

To be slightly more detailed....Getting in the lake was like getting in a bath, it was that warm and the swim was lovely. No aggro at all, plenty of people about but no real shortage of space. Best OW swim I've ever had without a doubt, also the fastest.

Onto the bike. I wasn't loving being on the bike for some reason but was averaging 20mph and so I decided to try to maintain that. No complications just cruised round. Had some headwind but then had some tailwinds too. I knew aiming for 20mph may "damage" my run a bit and it did but until the last  couple of miles of winding and slower roads I did the 20mph and if was good going back in with the transition area being relatively empty. 

I found the run hard going at times but got round. On sneaking a look at it last night I seem to have done all sorts of damage to my left foot - but blisters and toenails fix! 

My only other iron distance race was Henley last year. That was a harder bike course but not significantly harder. Today I was an hour quicker so I'm very happy with how it went. Need to do a bit of recovering and then do it all again in Weymouth in September (that won't be so quick as I have already done the bike course).

Thanks to all the pirates - the support is magnificent. My wife and children did the feed station too and they all really enjoyed themselves. Ta! 

• Options

Well done cheggers. great stuff. Very good bike leg. Your boys got stuck in with the feedstation

have a good holiday

• Options

Just to confirm that all the pirates finished Well done everyone excellent efforts today. Inspiring stuff and a good field of pirates.

Relay

22 MC/Buttercup/MrsD Total: 14:54:41
    61 Bookie/Cake/Dawn shadow Total: 15:11:15

Individual

137 Happychap Total: 16:40:39
    172 Ghost Total: 14:24:06
    182 Seren Total: 13:52:42
    183 M...eldy Total: 14:26:51
    492 JPGoodboy Total: 16:15:37
    564 ButtonMushroom Total: 16:05:09
    676 GraemeK Total: 14:45:35

• Options

Well done everyone, I was following you all on here yesterday (thanks Unchartered Waters!). Graeme - you must be over the moon, brilliant effort. 

• Options

Congrats to all that finished and well done to everybody of the feed station you don't know how much all that support is needed

and cheers to uncharted for keeping up with the updates even though the tracker was down for most of it 

• Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    I'll try to be a bit more detailed

Swim was good, as a first timer and somebody who only got his 1,000m badge this time last year, I was nervous about this, once we were off, it was fine.I thought Stanton Lake was warm at the moment but that was warmer, started right at the back, dreadful sighting on the way out I was out towards the middle of the water on my own. Way back I got in a group next to a man with green flashes on his suit, I cslled him Dunlop. Kept getting wrapped in weed and a mouthful of manky tasting water. Pleased to be out in 97mins, middle of the range I guessed at.

Bike went well, flew to the end of the first loop, thought the drag up passed Lowdham was endless and at the top of that loop there was a long bit uphill into the wind on an A road I hated. Saw an ambulance a few miles into the bike with a crashed Planet X TT bike, hope the rider was ok. 20 mins up on my best guess.

Run, well I've not done as much as I should have, ran/walk first half, largely walked the 2nd, thought my right big toe was going to explode and bad blisters. Done a 1h40 half so a 6h something run was poor. Did 14h45, pleased, really pleased when finishing was the aim.

Went last Meldy on the bike on the way ba k to the south loop. Good support from all the volunteers, they really made a huge effort.
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Congrats Graeme. 

orsum day day out yesterday. Huge thanks to you all for your hugs, high fives and positive vibes. 

Race report coming soon. It may be emotional. 

Pirates rock. 

• Options

Just home after a really great weekend.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a fun time image.  Been far too long since I've been to a Pirate event - won't leave it so long next time.  If you'll have me that is image

Wasn't my best run of the year (though better than some of my recent performances!) but I never do well in the heat and tbh feared it would be a lot slower than it was. 

• Options

Just thought I's tidy the list up a little bit:

Relay

28 Meldy’s Misfits!!! Total: 11:06:49
    38 Trogs and Toucs book ending a guest cyclist Total: 11:17:59
    4 Abingdon and vale Tri Club S Williams/ A Issacs/E Carter (Black Hat) Total: 11:51:09
    15 Digger and the Divas Total: 11:59:32
    51 John/ Pudge/ UltraKazaaaghKanga Total: 12:07:55
    22 MC/Buttercup/MrsD TBC at Run 6/8
    61 Bookie/Cake/Dawn shadow TBC at Run 6/8

Ohh ........ were we the first Pirate team home then .......   image

• Options

I was in a relay team and so after my team members (Ultra Bookie and Cake) had done the hard stuff  I just had to bimble around for a few hours until somebody said stop, my race report is accordingly short.

Running around in Pirate gear is just mad fun and the support from everywhere is way more fantastic than I could have imagined - thanks everyone.

• Options

Sounds like an awesome event to do.  I only did my first HIM a couple of weeks ago.  It was hell, but the next day I was already thinking of which HIMs to target for next year.  Maybe Outlaw 2016 for my first Iron distance?  Sounds tempting.