Options

recommended service

Comments

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I don't know why pop-eye is so enraged.  

He keeps banging on about not having posted any spam, but I don't think anyone has said that he HAS posted spam.

• Options

Do we qualify for a discount, seeing as we know the owner and his mates ?  Or a free sample in exchange for a review ?

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I haven't looked to see what a floozie is, but I think I like the sound of the floddies image

• Options

I get loads of spam trying to help my floppy 

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

floozie is the same as a floddie but using spam instead of bacon

• Options

I have posted on runners worls when I need avdice on running.

I do know both Rhys and Keith. There are not too many ultra runners and when you do the Gobi Challenge there are barely 20 runners taking it on so you do get to know them and all their bad habits.

And not for the first time - he hasn't been rumbled - he just gave some positive feedback to a community who may benefit from a positive experience. He did part with some hard earned cash which beleive me is unusual for that Welshman.

Screamapillar - you failed to ask Rhys was he was a spammer or not.

Isn't it Pimms o'clock now or again is that a plug for a commerical organisation?

• Options

At least I have worked out why Popeye got involved...........as he is Keith Flood I presume that he is the owner of floodies....

So why not do what most owners do when their company is being debated on the forum and come on as themselves and set the record straight..I find this all very strangeimage

• Options

It's just a shame that about a month ago someone popped up with a first ever post giving almost he same positive experience with Floodies....

old and cynical ?  Yep 

• Options
    Stuey wrote (see)

I have posted on runners worls when I need avdice on running.

Isn't it Pimms o'clock now or again is that a plug for a commerical organisation?

Sounds like its way past it for some.

• Options

as I said before when somones first post is a recomnedation then its sets alarm bells running.........you recomend things to friends and take recommendations from freinds not from complete strangers..........

I would have taken it as face value from anyone who has contributed to the forums..but for someone to join the forums.sign up just to tell us about something is just the same as cold calling to me.......

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Stuart Smith2 wrote (see)

This is my real name and it’s my first post on this forum

I have posted on runners worls when I need avdice on running...

Make your mind up!

• Options

Oh right, so I say "are you a spammer " and he says "no". That would have been a productive conversation wouldn't it?

Except even if I that is what had happened I wouldn't have believed him. So a bit of a waste of time all round, no?

Also, what Dave says. And other people have been doing it with other products recently. IME if it smells like spam it probably is...

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I think you are correct there Dave. I remember seeing something similar popping up a while ago.

Nothing wrong with mentioning commercial organisations but If you are going to give a review/ reccomendation be straight with people and mention the fact that you have a connection with that company or the owner.
  • Options

and so Rhys felt compeleed to tell us but didn't come back to answer any other question or to explain.......

If he wanted to help the fiorum by recommending something wonderful why didn'ty hang around to explain why he thought it was so great etc.......

no point in asking his if he was a spammer.he didn't ask my question about races

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I remember that too Millsy. Didn't everyone take the piss that time too?

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Yes very similar although those posts have dissapered now.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

There was a thread in May which started off with a warning to avoid floodies, but when I click on it in the search results, it doesn't link to the thread.

Why am I not surprised that something on RW doesn't work?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I think the morerators may have been asked to remove it.

• Options

Oh yes i remmeber that one.......I think i supported the Floodies point of view on that one.......that i wouldn't take the poster too seriously as it was a one off post just to complain....

but then it got silly as friends piled in to support again............if everyone was just open and said this is my good friend and i know him .or I am the owner and i think this then it is being open....

its a bit like the sports massage poeople that keep on coming on and saying they have found a great new place for a sports massage....and it turns out to be their own company........straight away you wouldn't trust them to go anywhere near your body

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Seren - I agree, and if the business owner did happen to want constructive advice about how to protect his new company (speaking hypothetically), he could do worse than to look at this thread again without getting all indignant.

• Options

Looks like an Idiot Bomb has gone off in this topic.  I'll leave it to you lot to decide who it affected.

• Options

Wilki

I posted on runners world for running advice oin 1999 - i don'r belive it had a forum then but I did post

I rejoined just to put my point of view on this topic so it was "my first post on thihis forum"

I really do not have to make my mind up.

I seem to have upset you. Just take a few minutes out. Breathe deeply and relax. I hope you feel better now that I have explained things for you.

Now....back to the witty banter............................

• Options

PS - Why does no-one use their real name on here. What are you all hiding?

• Options
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Oh right, so I say "are you a spammer " and he says "no". That would have been a productive conversation wouldn't it?

Except even if I that is what had happened I wouldn't have believed him. So a bit of a waste of time all round, no?

Also, what Dave says. And other people have been doing it with other products recently. IME if it smells like spam it probably is...

Screamapillar wrote (see)

So now you're prepared to call my dear Walsh friend a liar. This would not be a friendly welcome to a Newbie as he's been referred to.

• Options

Keith Terence Robert James Flood

I have been called the Tommy Cooper look alike many times.

I just stand there and people laugh...Just Like That...

You know what. I fell asleep a while back. I had a dream, I dreamt I was awake and when I woke up I was.

• Options

I’m going out for a run in my Adidas shorts and t-shirt , Sealskin socks, New Balance shoes and with my Apple iPod. When I get back I will drink some Maximuscle protein drink and then sit on my DFS sofa and watch some Sky tv.

I endorse all of the above and have friends in all of the above companies. These views are entirely my own and I have not been paid or coersed into providing favourable feedback on them

By the time I get back I would appreciate anyone who can recommend a good website for outdoors equipment.  image

• Options

Nice area to run in at this time of year... Well anytime of year really