Options

recommended service

Comments

• Options

Back in a minute then, gotta read from 5pm onwards. 

• Options

WOW. So Screamy, are you going to take him on, are ya, well are ya ?  He was rude to your friends, you cant let that go now can you ?

Jesus H Christ, you couldn't make it up could you ? 

Stuey, I know you can hear me, you're still here lurking aren't you ?  What are you going to do, stand at the end of the High Street and shout "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" ??  Do you think it's possible that you may have gotten sun stroke over the last few days ?

• Options

Possibly Rich - it's certainly one of the most preposterous threads I've ever read.

• Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Stuart Smith2 wrote (see)

So come over to West Farligh in Kent. You'll find me there. Its a small village.

It's a small village and you're it's only idiot I take it?

• Options
    Stuart Smith2 wrote (see)

What a day - some clever and witty banter on here and some people who are no doubt nice and who I would enjoy running with.

After getting involved in this yesterday I have not at any time discussed what is sold on the Floodies web site or how it is sold. That's clear so I'm not defending a business or sticking up for it.

What interested me was the way that very soon after a post came in the original poster (who I know) was rounded upon for being a spammer. I also know the owner of the said web-site and do know what a gentleman of integrity he his.

If any of the people posting on here heard their mate being riduculed in the street would they pretend they didn't hear it and do nothing?

So I will leave this tread and add no more to it. I'm sure I will pop up some time in the future.

He was accussed of spamming.and we were right as pop eye has said himself that Rhys came on the forum to try and help a friend.........

so you are having a go at us for accusiing us for seeing Rhys for what he is.. a spammer.

he thought instead of popeye paying for advertising he would come on here and pretend he was a unbiased  reviewer who wanted to help us.....

when really he only wanted to fool us to having a look at his friends business.......

so as per usual ....our instincts were right.......when someone comes on to praise or slag off something with there first post the it is usally something dodgy......

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Wow! I go out for a run and it looks like I missed a lot.

From what I can tell Rhys was a mate of the owner trying to do him a favour.

So the original suspicions were correct.
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Rhys Powell wrote (see)

They say you tell 20 people when you have bad service, and noone when you have good, so here's my effort to redress that. 

With all this heat I've wanted to try some of the UltraAspire packs for running in the Brecon Beacons as I always end up not carrying enough water, and wanted something really minimal.

The only UK retailer I could find was floodies.co.uk who when I phoned for advice, suggested I come down and try them out. He made sure he had one of each in for last Saturday and let me go for a short run in each. Blinking hot, but well worth it as I'm now a proud owner of a Kinetic pack. Definately recommend the service.

Rhys

A quick look at the Ultraspire website shows that they have 7 retailers in the UK.

One is based in the rhonnda, and the other a place called Brecon, Powys.

Floodies is based in Stevenage, which is a 160 mile drive from the Brecon Beacons.  I suppose the question I am trying to ask is:

Do you really think you should be allowed to do races where there is an element of navigation in it?

i know you did the Gobi thingy but are you sure you weren't meant to be doing the mds?

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Blimey is this still going on?  tell us about Keith Flood where does he fit in to all of this? Is he the owner of the business then?

Anyway 3:28 as a 5K, 10K and soon to be marathon runner - not bad is it?

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Its slightly ironic that Stuart is now offering out women given he was the grand protector and high lord of forum etiquette and the code of conduct at 11am. Is it a matter of do as I say not as I do???

Remember this post mate-

And I've just read the code of conduct for this fourm

• Be abusive or make personal attacks. If you wouldn´t say something to someone´s face then it doesn´t belong on the forum.

For those of you who were abusive to my friend Rhys - I will be looking out for apologies

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Blimey, I go out for the evening, and look what you've all been up to when I get back. Screamy, I have an epee you can borrow if you need it.

• Options
    Grendel3 wrote (see)

Blimey is this still going on?  tell us about Keith Flood where does he fit in to all of this? Is he the owner of the business then?

Anyway 3:28 as a 5K, 10K and soon to be marathon runner - not bad is it?

Keep it up Grendal3. Looks like you are working hard at achieving your goal.

I came in to try and make a defence. I did not go out there for support from friends by asking them to join this thread. It was simply one man making a comment that has turned sour and I am trying to defending my integrity and character to no avail.

I have not, or at least can't recollect making any personal remarks or threats throughout this thread to anybody.

However, there have been a number of slanderous comments coming my way....Why. NOBODY on this forum knows me personally bar two.

I am not the originator of this thread, nor did I instigate it.

I will not be posting anymore comments on this thread.

• Options
    literatin wrote (see)

Blimey, I go out for the evening, and look what you've all been up to when I get back. Screamy, I have an epee you can borrow if you need it.

Thanks Literatin, I don't think I'll need it though, I think a Paddington Bear style "hard stare" will probably do the trick on its own image

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Popeye- They would be libellous not slanderous as they are written. However the point you make is good in that no one does know you and you work under an internet name, therefore a key feature of libel (a reduction in the perception of you by others) cannot be satisfied as no one knows who you really are!!

• Options

One day I might start a thread detailing all the bad things I did when I worked in running retail!

• Options

Copied over from Moderators Post:

Yes Wilkie.. up bright and early.

Bad day yesterday. It seems that the harder I tried the deeper the whole got and I just could not find a way out. Simple to just let it go, but unfortunately, I just couldn't..pride (or stupidity) I guess

I can only hold my hands up and appologise to one and all, if I gave offense or came over as insulting, rude or abrasive.

My Moderaters thread was simply to try and get the thread removed, as I was not the originator and never asked for this to happen, but simply got dragged in along the way.

I generally keep a very low profile on this forum and have done so since first joining in 2004.

I do visit and am always interested in what is said, but never intefere.

I just want this to end.........

• Options

You didn't come across as rude or abrasive but you did come across as hysterical and irrational - too keen to defend your mate Rhys and not keen enough to listen to what people were trying to say to you.

The bottom line is that his was not a genuine, objective, review. It couldn't possibly be given that he is a personal friend of yours - it's advertising, for free, through posts, instead of paying. In short - spam, whether you condoned it or not; whether you agree with the term or not.

I still suggest you take the matter up with Rhys and ask him not to do it again. If I were you I might also have a word with Stuart who, in a similar attack of blind hysteria, ended up inadvertently making threats to a woman - not good.

• Options

I'm a newbie and so thus far I've only read this thread but my sense of humour can relent no more! Can't we just all play nice and agree to disagree then head over to the " my lady shorts" thread where its got to discussing the intimate parts of women instead of inferring that other people are indeed colloquial words for them?!

• Options

Except nobody actually did that Lee.

But if the discussion of women's intimate parts is the sort of thing you like I think you might be better keeping that to yourself image

• Options
    Lee Renyard wrote (see)

discussing the intimate parts of women instead of inferring that other people are indeed colloquial words for them?!

Read that through several times and still can't get a handle on it. Are you a Stanley Unwin fan?

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lee Renyard wrote (see)

I'm a newbie and so thus far I've only read this thread but my sense of humour can relent no more! Can't we just all play nice and agree to disagree then head over to the " my lady shorts" thread where its got to discussing the intimate parts of women instead of inferring that other people are indeed colloquial words for them?!

If you know the contents of the other thread then you've obviously read more than just this thread!

• Options

For clarification,read not participated in this particular thread,quite obviously I had read the other thread. And my point was that that thread had progressed to discussing things that were not really on point. For the record,as none of you do know me, I attempted to make light of the situation but it seems there is a genuine outrage of "spam advertising",(which the original post may or may not have been) and so I will withdraw and limit my posts to threads that do have a bearing on my running needs.

• Options

It all makes perfect sense now. Cheers.

• Options
    Lee Renyard wrote (see)

For clarification,read not participated in this particular thread,quite obviously I had read the other thread. And my point was that that thread had progressed to discussing things that were not really on point. For the record,as none of you do know me, I attempted to make light of the situation but it seems there is a genuine outrage of "spam advertising",(which the original post may or may not have been) and so I will withdraw and limit my posts to threads that do have a bearing on my running needs.

If you stick around you'll find that most threads end up deviating from the topic. Often it's not a bad thing.

I have to say though, I still don't understand why you claimed that people were being referred to as (presumably) c*nts and the like, since that's not what happened at all.

Still, it's not the first incomprehensible post on this thread.

• Options

Could be me. They always sit beside me on the bus too.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I think the discussion of lady parts on the other thread was entirely pertinent to the original post.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Lady shorts and lady bits.  Definitely a connection image

Agree with Screama, most threads end up off course, so to speak!

• Options

Just took a long time to catch up with this thread. Looks like Stuey and his mates have totally lost it. Worst publicity campaign since Gerald Ratner went on Wogan. Don't think there will be a "flood" of orders coming from this threadimage

• Options
    Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

Just took a long time to catch up with this thread. Looks like Stuey and his mates have totally lost it. Worst publicity campaign since Gerald Ratner went on Wogan. Don't think there will be a "flood" of orders coming from this threadimage

• Options

Definately doesn't appear to have been a marketing strategy to deal with 'what to do if the spamming plan goes tits up and we're rumbled' 

We never got our 'friends of the owner' discount either. You'd have thought that all that advice would have warranted some free vouchers!! image