Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options
    Orbutt wrote (see)

ATM - 8 weeks from Berlin and my training is currently pondering when it will be safe to try running again. Don't want to go too soon but itching to run. aaaargh

have a sneaky little no impact cross train trial of the muscle and see how it holds up.  ;) 8 weeks faaaaark!

• Options

Orbutt - nothing worse than not being able to run when you want to 

as opposed to being fit and not being arsed to get out there and do it !

you will get back to it though , patience counts 

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Omph image 29.5 kms done and dusted.  Had an awesome run around London's closed roads. Felt very cheeky but was smiling the whole bit through the centre.  Highlight was running through the hyde park corner underpass.  There were paris memories, bit of insane self alle alle alle, running somewhere no race goes and possibly getting caught and told I'm a very naughty runner image saw the first group come in for the 100 but didn't do a BCRC flash. London is in awesome form today with all the road closures get out if you can. I think I've done enough for today (slow but steady and clocking up kms so am happy).

Eggy - seems tonsils are calming down. Hope it continues. 

Mrs and mr maus what are we going to do with you two. See you next wknd!

RS: Are you answering your own question there? Because. Well. No, best forget what I was about to say...image

So excited about seeing you all for Isle of Maus weekend.

I'm in denial that Berlin is 8 weeks away.

Orbutt: Hang in there....hope things improve soon.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Oooooooooft I am just back from a traditional Welsh 2 day wedding.  I may be broken...

• Options

Poor wee welsh girl.

• Options

Orbutt - I feel your pain. Nothing worse than seeing people out there running when you can't do it yourself. You might surprise yourself when you do get out there on fresh legs though.

A Welsh wedding? I'm imagining dragons?

There's a bit of a void in my race calendar between the end of September and spring marathon training. I'm thinking this would be a good time to work on my 5k time. Anyone got a good training plan for 5k? 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

RR - I have actually....I have P&D's Road Running book and there are shorter schedules in it.  I'll scan one for you tomorrow (you may have to remind me, I could promise you the world tonight then deny it in half an hour)

There were no dragons, but plenty of fire and brimstone....

• Options

There's another P&D book image? That's probably just what I need. Ta.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Road Running for Serious Runners.  Just how serious are you??

• Options

Good morning, 

What a beautiful morning it is here, sun is shining and next to no wind! 12 mile ran at a nice easy pace. Great start to the week! image

• Options

Might try a little jog myself today, which will only be my 2nd since ITLR. Think I have a scab on the hamstring tendon that went ping 10-11 weeks ago and it has been incredibly painful. Am waiting for my physio to come back (holidays?) so fingers crossed it will not irritate the problem. Wishing you all a fab day.

• Options

Take it easy TD..  no need to make it worse...  I know your powers of healing are rapid, but even so...    nothing to gain and lots to lose...

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I was badly bitten at the allotment last week, two horsefly bites on my left ankle left it and my foot very swollen and painful...was starting to worry about cellulitis but when I got home last night I took a couple of doses of Apis and this morning it's half the size it was last night.  So maybe my leg won't have to be amputated at the kneww after all.

I'm still waiting for the rain to stop stair rodding before I go out to run my intervals though image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

TJB - Your on fire this year. Your weekend enjoy running 13.1 through Germany is faster than my half PB!

Orbutt - I know the pain of wanting to get out but not being able to when injured. In fact my training for Berlin in 2011 was ruined by tearing my calf muscle when playing football early in my training schedule. I lost several weeks of training because of that. I got fit enough to get around. Just don't make the mistake I did and think that being able to post a good half time in the run up means you can push the full distance. The final 6 miles of Berlin that year must be amongst the hardest I've ever suffered through. I really blew up that day.

Kaz - Great running.

yer_maj - Is rain not just motivation to run even faster? Maybe that's just me who does that!

• Options

Eggy - ym is a little delicate after the weekend. Don't take her excuse away from her;)

Kaz - you are the koc lord.

• Options

RS - Your run thro London sounds great, well done.  I would have gone round there if I lived near enough.

Yer Maj- Your bites sound nasty, but hopefully they are on the mend.

Well done to everyone on your runs, your all brilliantimage

• Options

Weedy - I did have words, but they fell on deaf ears.  I was up and raring to go from 7.30 and o/h rolled up around 9am so we got out about 10ish by then the sun was out and pretty hot.

Anyway we both finished our longest run in one piece yay!  I did 10.5 and o/h did 9.4.  Unfortunately the route we had picked meant that the last few miles we on an incline and the last one was quite hilly and I really struggled for the last mile but got it doneimage

It didnt feel as comfortable as last weeks long run and it was only a mile longer and I have been on a recovery week so I was hoping for a really good run.  Not sure why.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)

A Welsh wedding? I'm imagining dragons?

I had the same thought... 

yer_maj wrote (see)

Road Running for Serious Runners.  Just how serious are you??

You really need to ask that to RR?

Lesley - What a cracking run! I know that feeling of wanting to get out there but the lazy OH staying in bed!... it happened to me yesterday - we were due to take an earlier train to the start of the race but we missed it by 2mins because he wouldnt get out of bed.

It could have been many reasons for not 'feeling' it: the weather, what you eat the night before etc. I've had runs go perfectly and others where i'm struggling every step.

Mr/Mrs Maus: So happy to hear that you had a good..um... workout together.

I did it! 105km yesterday on the bike and had a great time. Ended up speeding up in the last 15km as I had still had a lot of 'juice' in my tank so we blasted it out for an average of 28/29km/h. When we reached the last checkpoint we had the option of staying together as a group or splitting off and I thought: WWKD (wearing my obligatory Paris bracelet) - and I left them 'eating my dust' image So Thank you Kaz!

No flat tyres (thank you Cycle god) - my chain came off on a rather large hill but that was the only inconvenience.

• Options

Emmy - It was hot yesterday morning but it has been hot quite a lot lately when we have been running so I am not sure if that was it.  I had fish and chips at home cooked in the oven (not the naughty ones) and had fruit n fibre for breakfast.  I did still feel hungry tho so maybe I didnt have enough.  Anyway never mind, hopefully the next one will be betterimage

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Lesley - You got it done and that's what counts. Hot weather, inclines and your longest run. That sound feel tough. What I tend to find is that the distances feel hard as you work up through them, but the further you are into your schedule they no longer hurt as much or they hurt but you're faster over the distance.

Emmy - Well done on your cycle. Although it's not a proper cycle unless you stop for cake!

• Options

Ah, the delights of bicycle chains coming off. ITLR memories flooding back image

Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Aug 10: Run With All Your Hart - Lawyer Aaron.
    Aug 11: Antwerp Rock 'n' Roll Marathon - Emmy. Isle of Maus Marathon/Half - Maus, RR, RS, TD, Weedy.
    Aug 15: Exeter 10k - Trev O.
    Aug 17: Enigma Gold - Weedy. Helsinki Marathon - Pottermoss. London Gay Pride 10K - LR, RS.
    Aug 17-18: Enigma Gold Double - Emmy.
    Aug 25: Perth 10k - Eggy.
    Sep 1: Wolverhampton Marathon - Weedy.
    Sep 7: Aberfeldy Marthon - Clag.
    Sep 8: Elizabeth's birthday. Cumbrae 10-miler - ATM, Eggy, HS, RR, Scott W, TP. Run to the Beat Half - Jimbob.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan. English Half - Orbutt.
    Sep 14: Eco Trail Brussels - Emmy, TD. Silkstone Shuffle - LR.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Iain M, Jimbob, Liversedge Lesley, OO, RS, Steve Duffy, Tiddy, Weedy, Madame Souza, Champion, Bruno. Round Norfolk Relay - Keyser Suze. Stirling 10k - Eggy.
    Sep 16: Paris registration opens. Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 21: Langdale Marathon - Weedy.
    Sep 22: Harvest Trail Half - Yer Maj. Ladybower 35 - RR. New Forest Marathon - Emmy. Paris Mud Run - PC91, TP.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - Emmy, Iain M, Jimbob, Kaz, LR, Maus, Neil B, Orbutt, RS, Suzy M, Tiddy. Nottingham Marathon  - Weedy. Paris-Versailles 16k - ATM, TP.
    Oct 6: Cardiff Half - Yer Maj. Great Scottish Run - Eggy, HS, Wohlf. Jersey Marathon - PF.
    Kielder Marathon - Weedy. Royal Parks Half - Carl D, Lawyer Aaron. Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 12: PF's birthday.
    Oct 13: Great West Run - Trev O. Steamtown Marathon - Danni.
    Oct 20: Abingdon Marathon - Steve Duffy. Amsterdam Marathon - Emmy, Megs, Weedy. Cabbage Patch 10k - Nic E. Toronto Half - Danni. Yorkshire Marathon - Malcs.
    Oct 20-25: Inverness to Skye 136k - TP.
    Oct 26: Beachy Head Marathon - Yer Maj.
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy. Marine Corps Marathon - Fanfan, Rick. Northumberland Castles Marathon - Weedy. Venice Marathon - Elizabeth.
    Oct 28: Dublin Marathon - Carl D.
    Nov 2: LR's birthday.
    Nov 3: Derwentwater 10 - OO. New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 8-10: BCRC Cumbria weekender - Jimbob, RR, Yer Maj.
    Nov 9-10: Enigma Fireworks Double - Emmy, Weedy.
    Nov 10: Athens Marathon - Wohlf.
    Nov 17: Marathon d'Orleans - PC91. Valencia Marathon - Jimbob.
    Nov 24: Florence Marathon - Engineer. Southwold 10k - Keyser Suze.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Dec 1: James B's birthday.
    Dec 8: Newcastle Racecourse Marathon - Weedy.
    Dec 12: Enigma Marathon - Weedy.
    Dec 14: Enigma Christmas Marathon - Emmy.
    Dec 27: Wiola's birthday.
    Dec 31: TD's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO's birthday.
    Jan 4-5: Enigma Double - Emmy, Weedy.
    Jan 9-12: Disney Dopey - Danni.
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 19: DV's birthday.
    Jan 29: Kaz's ginormous dog's birthday.
    Feb 3: TP's birthday.
    Feb 6-9: Quadzilla - Emmy.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 28: Iain M's birthday.
    Mar 1: RS's birthday. Nothumberland Coast Ultra - Weedy.
    Mar 2: Silverstone Half - Iain, Jimbob, Wohlf.
    Mar 8: Jus T's birthday.
    Mar 16: Barcelona Marathon - Emmy, 1T.
    Mar 17: Week at the Knees Marathon - Weedy.
    Mar 18: Paris Half - PF, Suzy M.
    April 6: Brighton Marathon - Iain M.

Apr 6: Paris Marathon
    Definite: ATM, DV, Eggy, Emmy, HS, Jimbob, Kaz, LR, Maus, Mrs DV, Mrs O, NGUG, Orbutt, RR, Steve Duffy, Suzy M, TP, Weedy, Wohlf, Yer Maj.
    Maybe: Carl D, Danni, Engineer, Lawyer Aaron, Liversedge Lesley, NCane, Nic E, OO, RS, Scott W, Simon Mac.

Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 13 London Marathon - Danni, OO, TD.
    Apr 24: Audrey's birthday.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 23: Suzy M's birthday.
    Jun 21-22:

• Options

...May 23: Suzy M's birthday.
    Jun 21-22: Hadrian's Wall - Weedy.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jun 2014: Comrades - Danni, RR.
    Jul 10: RR's birthday.
    Jul 20: Wohlf's birthday.
    Jul 26-27: Thunder Run maybes: DV, Emmy, HS, Kaz, Keyser Suze, RR, RS, Simon Mac, Weedy, Yer Maj.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Jul 30: Maus' birthday.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Liversedge Lesley2 wrote (see)

Emmy - It was hot yesterday morning but it has been hot quite a lot lately when we have been running so I am not sure if that was it.  I had fish and chips at home cooked in the oven (not the naughty ones) and had fruit n fibre for breakfast.  I did still feel hungry tho so maybe I didnt have enough.  Anyway never mind, hopefully the next one will be betterimage

How much water did you drink during? As you say - it could be a thousand other factors. I'm sure that the next one will be better image

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Emmy - Well done on your cycle. Although it's not a proper cycle unless you stop for cake!

I did stop for beer does that count? Apologies for the appalling state of my hair... I blame the cycle helmet.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/963779_893492932850_285713150_o.jpg

Weedy: I was lucky that it didnt go into the gear shaft. I saw it early enough.

So... I just saw your list and you're missing  a few of mine... which also made me realise that i'm crapping myself about my autumn schedule coming up. Must remember: I love medals, i love medals, i love medalsimage

• Options

Serious Road Runner:

/members/images/13234/Gallery/road_runner.jpg

• Options

So Weedy and Emmy are you both just doing all of the marathons this year?!? You guys are unbelievable.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

HS - There are LOADS more that i'm not doing image There's only 2 in November image I wanted to do a few more in November/December but i'm not sure that I can now with pooch.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

The irony, Emmy being slowed down by a pooch that is bred to run and run and run ......

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Take it easy TD..  no need to make it worse...  I know your powers of healing are rapid, but even so...    nothing to gain and lots to lose...

Yes, in absence of any prospect of a physio appt AND a lunchtime teleconference, I've decided to can the running and do a longer bike ride tonight instead. Seems safer on that tendon. Or this could be a bit of procrastination in action - hard to tell right now.

• Options

I have jelly legs after my 12 miles this morning, then a double post(no post on Saturday sovery heavy load today). Think i'm going to give running club a miss tonight...........although i am getting seriously concerned with this new sensible(lazy) Kazimage

Off to do a cleaning job now Which I have decided I probably will give up after New Year all being well.