Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

A popular marathon it seems!  We just need an ents manager (don't look at me) to make sure a big group of us can meet up afterwards.

Based on my experience this year here is a revised pacing chart for the sub-4 group which will include me:

image 1-5  9:20

image 6-13  8:20

image 14-22  9:10

image 23-24  12:30

image 25-26.2  8:30

Total  3:59:42

• Options

T-rex - Wow is all I can say and a big fair play to you.I will most definitely be in. And with no rush to get home next year, it will be an honour to get you a pint afterwards. 

THAT hill.....Stand by.

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

TRex you should come and run Trail Marathon as one of your 11 next year i think it would be right up your street.

• Options

Go T Rex - great race for celebrating your 100th!!  If all goes to plan I hope to celebrate the same achievement at SNOD 2015: I'm only planning 40 for 2014 as I will turn 40 (yippee!!), and am already deeply indebted to OH and grandparents for childcare...

• Options

Count me in.  I'm looking forward to it already. The off road sections are so much fun. T Rex - put me down for 3:30 - this will be my 2nd SNOD image 

• Options

Cant wait till next yr only my 2nd marathon on Saturday, other being that little one in London ,Snowdonia is brill luv it luv it luv it ,got a PB in 4hrs 19mins so going for a sub 4hrs next time .

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hang on folks - all this excitement and still 362 days to go.

And so the cycle continues.  I think this is the start of the 6th year of this continuously running events thread and I don't think a day has been missed without a post. This must be a RW record? I'll check how long it has been going (and, no, I won't be checking to see if a day has been missed or not)

2014  (Entries open 1/1/14?)

3:30

• Bristol303
    • Chimney
    • LoveEndures

3:45

• panad

3:50

• Run Jono   40 marathons in 2014

4:00 (pacing chart on p2)

• BritNick  Goes without saying
    • Fenland Runner
    • john pryer
    • pinkbug   
    • T Rex   100th marathon

4:30?

• Reydon Rover

Other very interested parties

• brer rabbit
    • Chrissi
    • juleswill1
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • megalily
    • Mr panad
    • Nurse Gladys
    • Pete Thomas 6   Doing a double with Dublin - you heard it here first
    • Suzanne Muckley
    • The Lazy Greyhound
    • Wabo

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Don't forget TR42 - his plan is to come back & smash it!
  • Options

lol Thanks for the vote of confidence T-Rex. I'll be happy with sub 4 hours again in the hope that this years wasn't a fluke. But 3.30? It's something to work towards.

• Options

Hi Trex, good to see an early list,4:30 sounds good for now

• Options

Loving the list TRex image  

• Options
    • My first run on Saturday - what an awesome race - fairly new to running this was my 5th marathon in two years and was really happy with 3:57.39 even though my boring flat road PB is 3:21 (Manc 13)....

had a slight trip and tumble over the last top but no harm done. Made it onto TV too which was a bonus - can't wait to come back next year!!!! HOOKED! 3:30 -3:45 next year! 

Crowds, banter, marshals, drinks and gels, coasters, shirts, hills - all top class!

• Options

Brer is a bad, bad influence. The 4 marathons that I really want to do next year are all within a few weeks of each other. Inverness, York, Snowdonia and Dublin. Hmmmm.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Another nutter in the making ...

How does it happen?

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

T Rex, you innocently join a thread about a little jog in North Wales, and you don't realise there is an embedded virus until it's too late.....image 

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

Bit (lot) more hill training and some luck with injuries and 4:15 is there for the taking.

Planning on doing Chester next year, it should work out as 3 weeks before Snowdon which could be ideal. Have a place in London also and 6 weeks later the Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon.

Anyone done the Trail Marathon Wales ? as that's on my list as well...had a place this year but pulled out due to injury.

• Options

I did the half kk and very enjoyable it was too. 

• Options

My first one this year - 4:08. Epic event.

Would love to come back for 2014 image

Big decision before that though - to Grindleford Gallop again or not image

• Options

I image Grindleford, InsideForward - great event.

I'm impressed there is a list already, TRex! (I'm just lurking. Honest. For now...)

• Options

Bimagering it on,oh..nearly a year to wait! Brilliant reports still coming in. Love Endures..get on with it! Just managed to sneak myself in for an evening marathon on Saturday. Welcome back Frodo,congrats to you both. Am in llandudno today building up to some sort of a trot in the wind x

• Options

Stick me down for 3:45 (3rd SNOD) and Mrs Lemmy for sub-5:00 (2nd SNOD), she'll be back next year, here's to a great winter of cross country and spring flat-ish marathons before the main event in Autumn...

• Options

Argh am I really following this threadimage
    2013 is dead, Long Live 2014!

• Options

Get on that list Other Half, there have been many who have said never again..and still we are here 5 years later,older and certainly no wiserimage

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

KingKenny - if it's on you list you have to do it right? Anyway it's brill, hilly, tough, friendly, well organised and the last hill rivals Bwlch y Groes for hard. 

oh i do love a good list

• Options

Brer - I blame this thread entirely for my running fixation (and associated foolishness) since I came across it 6 years ago! 

• Options

That's very true Chrissi. I'll have to commit to it, sounds good. It's either that one or the Lakeland one.

How does Snowdon compare to Beachy ? for those that have done both.

• Options

Beachy is a little bit harder - almost all off road on the South Downs Way bridleways and paths, and more undulating (quite a few hills before all of the Seven Sisters and Beachy Head for the last 7 miles), but a well-attended, well-run event.  The one time I did it (as it usually clashes with Snowdonia) I ran 4h25 and then ran 3h51 at Snowdonia a week later.  I'd like to do it again but keep coming back here for more, so unless the dates change I'll be committed (in all senses) to Snowdonia image

• Options

Shoot!!

Just checked and couldn't find RW Race Listing for SNOD13... Which means it won't get rated and won't be voted #1 marathon in UK... How do we get a listing... listed?

• Options

Haha Brer, I think it would be rude not to. However, I want to beat this years time at SNOD.I could just use the others as ummm training runs/ recovery. After all, Guinness is good for you.

I was speaking to a guy on Saturday who got a 3:16 after getting a 2:53 at York the week before, which must take some doing.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

*Frodo*!  At last, the real hobbit.  How have you been?

Lurk no more - you're going on the list.

Just finished a report on the 2013 thread.  Rather too long for the tiny expedition undertaken, but it was atmospheric and better than being sandblasted along the A5 to the Vaynol Arms and back that I had done earlier.

What time of year is the trail marathon?  Dare I do it?  Some dreadful mishap is bound to happen mid-race if you have me running in woods.