Options

Beyond #asics262: life after Target 26.2 for sub-3:30 runner Malcolm

Comments

• Options

Haha, all is forgiven Malcs image

Looking forward to seeing everyone, if only this afternoons work would kindly hurry up  - 5;30 is a very distant point on the horizon at the moment!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

See you all Sunday - I'm off to Expo shortly. meeting Angela there!

I arrive at 8am at Lewisham station and then walk up so should be there (the bench)about 8:15am.

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Malcs - I read it. image 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

PC - excellent! Now you can brag that you completed two endurance events within the space of a week image

SupermanRuns - ha ha image Swiss Malcy - "running a marathon is like making love to a beautiful woman..." (man, I hope there are some peeps who remember the Fast Show here or I'm going to sound like I've lost it) image 

Feral Bob - I know how you feel. Last Thursday was an absolute nightmare. Not long to go now though!

Minni - that's so nice of you to say. I still feel you effectively mentored me anyway. Together with DS2 you've been my adopted mentors whether you like it or not image

DS2 - Sunday is going to be immense. 

Thanks so much for getting behind me not just in this campaign but since we met at bootcamp over a year ago. It makes a huge difference to have people who believe in you and your experience and advice has been absolutely invaluable. You even came all the way to the ghetto to run that 20 miler with me. If only London was like Paris, I'd happily come and run a bit with you.

You're a top guy and deserve every success on Sunday!

• Options
    What's the fast show you looney? ????????
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

"I'd wager you're wondering why I am called Swiss Toni? Perhaps because I'm not actually Swiss? Is it because Swiss things are reliable and that? Well it's partly that. But it's mostly because I'm built like an Alp, and ridged like a Toblerone."

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Getting excited now!! Just letting my dinner settle then going to pack. Looking forward to meeting up as much as the race. Well, more tbh, since I am unlikely to leavet he church a broken vomiting wreck image

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    SupermanRuns wrote (see)

Sean R5 Thanks for the support image  appreciate it.

Best of luck to all those running this Sunday. Go nail your dreams!

Malcs did we agree on a £1 for every minute under 3.30 for the charity?  Only how do I get change.imageimageimageimage

All donated and very well done. A double awesome effort.

Yes I was waiting for the result to donate, thought it was going to cost me a few quid!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Mr Puffy wrote (see)

"I'd wager you're wondering why I am called Swiss Toni? Perhaps because I'm not actually Swiss? Is it because Swiss things are reliable and that? Well it's partly that. But it's mostly because I'm built like an Alp, and ridged like a Toblerone." 

Love it image

I can bring some tequila to the church if you'd prefer just to cut to the chase?image

Ha ha - yep, I was thinking of you all. The real truth is that I was sub 3 until the last mile but went and had an ice cream while the clock ticked down. Just couldn't do it to you!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

SUPPORTING PLAN - PROJECT SWISS FLAG

Just worked out my plan. I'll be at 10, 15 and 20 miles with the Swiss flag waving and standing on the RIGHT hand side each time - nice 'n' easy to remember.

My best chance of seeing you all will be at the 10 mile mark as after that everyone will be more spread out and I'm relying on the ferry service to get me from A to B.

You come through Surrey Quays (whch will be mental) and then exit and it'll get quieter. Eventually you'll see a big footbridge. I'll try and position myself 20 or 30 yards after that. Look for the flag - don't rely on my startling good looks to catch your attention, it won't be enough.

Best of luck all!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I should add that it's possible I may skip the 15 mile slot on the day depending on how it's going and skip straight to 20. Would be nice to give you all some support at 20 as I know that's where you start to really feel it.

A reminder again about the church meet: 8:15-8:45 at the church on Blackheath common. Best to get the train to a Blackheath and you'll see the church if you folliw the crowd.

• Options

Good luck to all those running on Sunday, sorry to missing what sounds like a festive day.

Great report Malcs, riveting stuff. 

Really wish I was doing a spring marathon now. Will have to reign in until the Newby Hall triathlon....... And then York.

• Options

Only  54 posts to 3000

• Options
    53 posts now....

Right shall make a definite effort to get to the church on Sunday as would be great to see you all. Shall be looking out for the Swiss flag. The support in London is always immense, though my iron on letters have made my running vest a bit camp ;0/ Oh well hopefully it'll make it easier to spot me!!!

Good look everyone. It is going to fun!
  • Options

So is this church the one that is on the map for the blue start in the final instructions? On the right hand side as u walk from black health station toward ur start?

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Yes it is imageimage

• Options
    FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    On my way to London and feeling the nerves now!

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow - hope you all have a great race image

Malcs - I'll look out for the flag!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Don't.be shit guys image

May Malcs' main de Dieu be with you image
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Knackered all day and now can't sleep!

really exciting, walked along the mall earlier and had our packed lunch in Green Park in what will be meet and greet area tomorrow. 

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    I think this is my first post since Malcs Oscars speech. I've been in floods at tears from the emotion of it all????

Well, this is my last day as a 40 something. Tomorrow I go into a new age group and I can't wait.

Good luck to you all - I really hope to meet up with as many as possible at the church and say it in person but if I miss you....just be great, dig in when it hurts and remember it's hurting everyone else as well and they are still running so don't stop running!!!
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

quick - get some more carbs in!

• Options
    Good luck chaps. Go easy on the beetroot juice.
  • Options

Good luck R2-DS2

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yes - very best of luck everyone! 

I hope to see many of you tomorrow image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hans Solo
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Best of luck everybody. Tear the arse off it. 

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday DS2 and best of luck today racers image
  • Options
    FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say I DNF'd. My foot went big time and just wasn't easing off so did the sensible thing at 14 miles. Incredibly pissed off but will live to fight another day.

On the plus side - I did get to see Malcs image