Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

Just popping off to the ultra thread to check the boys are behaving themselvesimage

• Options

another wee bit of news..the UK will now be having its own Skyrunning series ! for those of you unfamiliar, its an ultra race series popular in Europe. our first event here is open for entry now and im very very tempted as it looks awesome!

/members/images/531201/Gallery/sky.png

/members/images/531201/Gallery/sky1.jpg

/members/images/531201/Gallery/images4IRBYDMM.jpg

• Options

Oooo, Loula, that looks great. Do you have any hills to train on?

Chris - well done on all your running and cycling mileage! You are doing really well. 

Jude - hope you have some really relaxing things planned for your school break.

Welcome Lainey - great to have you join us. Well done on getting a place for London Marathon. I have entered the ballot for the past two years and hope to get picked one day. I'm also a very keen park runner with my family.

Thanks everyone - yes it is my birthday today. I would like to say that I am out running in the sunshine but to be honest I'm not very well. However I have made my most favourite cake - parsnip and maple syrup. And I'm going out for a meal tonight with hubby and friends. image

• Options

Happy Birthday Chilli- hope you have a great day & have a nice meal out. Where are you off to?

Lainey-Welcome to the thread and well done on your 2 1/2 stone weight loss. A lot of us have lost quite a bit of weight on this thread. Hope the training for London goes well- have you a plan?

Loula-The 50k is on the 24/5- haven't yet entered....skyline looks good- do love running in the hills.

Chris-Well done you are doing really well- keep going!!

Hi Franny,Jude,Nandy etc.

Just done 7.15 mile coastal run this afternoon in 1.01 from the office so fairly happy with that.

Have a good evening.

• Options

evening all

Happy Bday Chillibean. Hope youre feleing better and enjoy your meal.

Dashing through - sorry. 

Managed 4 miles in the sun today.Planning another 3,5/4 on Friday then maybe go for 5 on Sunday....will see !

• Options

Happy birthday Chilibean, hope you enjoy your meal.

Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Alistair-Thank you, more to lose but it's been a great start and I feel so much better for it.  I'm following the plan they send you in the accepted magazine-the beginner one.  First time I have done interval sessions, and I am sure it's helped me get 2 PBs in 2 weeks at parkrun.  Wish I'd done them before!

• Options

evening all

welcome lainey - I am a back of the packer too!

Chili - happy birthdayimage hope you have a great evening. Sorry to hear you haven't been well, get better soon

loula - those ultras look great - not for me though!

running club last night was great, managed the whole session without stopping or walking at all - I was so pleased with myself! And no achy legs today either image

had a turbo session today, only short because I didn't have much time

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Chili, hope you're having a great day! That cake sounds like nothing I've ever heard before!! Sounds good though, I love maple syrup!!!
  • Options

Evening all

Chillibean - happy birthday, enjoy your meal

Lainey - welcome and well done on your weight loss

Ran 4m this evening and 30min gym session today.

• Options

Morning all!

Lainey - welcome! Great you have a place in the London marathon! I'm originally a Londoner. How old are your three swimmers? I have three too but the smallest is only six and hasn't started competing yet.  (In fact, he's only just learnt to dive.) Well done on your interval sessions.

Jo - well done on your training.  How old is your daughter?

MC - well done on not walking at running club!

Sluggish Wonder - well done on your 4 miler!

AF - well done on your coastal run. 

Loula - The ultras look great.  If only I could manage  more than a half marathon!

Chili - Hope you had a nice meal out.

Just a swim for me yesterday.  Fitness room tonight. 2 more days at school.......

BFN xxx

• Options

Jude-they are 14,12,and 10.  The 12 year old is the one that swims for fun and just once a week, the 14 year old swims 7 times and the 10 year old 5.  Although, am sure it is the same for you,  we have so much on the calendar coming up!

Another interval session this morning and it was hard, but it is so good once it's done!  I'm enjoying them in a weird sort of way!

Have a great day everyone, and once again thanks for the warm welcome.image

• Options

Welcome Lainey23

I'm new to this forum to but they are a very friendly bunchimage.

Happy belated birthday to Chilli.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Sounds like a good plan sluggish.Go for it.image.

Loula, talking of ultra's but the spine be Britain,s toughest event?

• Options

Hello All

Ran 4 miles this morning, roads were good today no ice!!

Jude - My daughter is 22, looks like she may have caught the running bug too, she has been out with me 3 times this week!

• Options

Hi everyone

Welcome to lainey and well done on your interval training.

Chili..belated Happy birthday.

Loula...those ultras look amazing. you will need to come up here and train on our skyline.

MC Think it was just one of those days as feeing fine today...Mind you I am on days off so that helps...ha ha

Jude Your daughter is amazing.Hope you feel better soon.

Jo well done on the 4 miles and gym session

Sluggish And you too for the 4 sunny miles.

Nandy I have a few HM this year. the 1st one is at the end of May in Edinburgh.

AF...Well done on your speedy coastal run.

Me and Chico headed for the hills this afternoon and did 8.6 miles. He is becoming a great wee hill runner.

New bed arrives tomorrow and hope it want be so comfy that I don't want to get out of it or there will be no running done.

Have a good evening everyone. Oh AND LOULA yeah lets go for that lil trip...I have been far to good this year so far and think some nortiness should be on the cards.image

• Options

evening all

ran 4 miles this morning with no stops image

franny - new bed, don't get too cosy in it!

not swimming tonight as there is no coach, I was going to go anyway, but it is a long drive and I am pretty tired. Going to turbo instead though image

• Options

Hi all!

MC - well done on  your 4 miles with no stops.  You are on a roll now!!

Franny - well done to you and Chico on your hilly run. My cold was very short lived, thank goodness!

Lainey - well done on your intervals!

Jo - Gosh, you don't look old enough to have a 22 year-old daughter!! Great that she runs too. 

Hi everybody else!!

Went to the fitness room tonight and did 10K on the treadmill. (51:13) So much faster than I can do outside??!!image (I might never go out again lol.) No, only joking, it's not so enjoyable, is it?

Last day at school tomorrow.  Kids get their report cards.image

nighty night folks. xx

• Options

Morning

Hi Jude...Oooooooooooo you get holidays today yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.Well done on your fast 10k on Mr Tready...yep treadys aren't so enjoyable but you will find it does help your outside running.

Mathschick......Well done on the non stop 4 miles.....

Waiting on bed arrival so no gym or running today...will make it a rest day.

Speak later guys and dolls.......have a great day and its

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY so you guys can party as its the weekend for you but not for me sadly as its my working weekend.

• Options

evening

franny - hope your new bed has come

rest day for me today image think I needed it too, I am very tired

weekend image I have too much work to do but I am going to all my training sessions 

• Options
    Chris yes The Spine is indeed UK most brutal foot race . One of my friends completed the spine last Friday night , very proud of him image
  • Options

Hi Everyone

Lovely to hear all your news and training.

Just popping in to say hello because it has not been a great week. I haven't been well at all and although I did my pilates class yesterday, I haven't done any running. image Think I am anaemic again.

But tomorrow is park run and hopefully next week will be better.

• Options

Hope you feel better Chilibean.  Have a good parkrun tomorrow.

Franny I hope you are relaxing in your nice new bed!

parkrun eve.  Always exciting.  If you are doing one, run well. 

• Options

oh chili take care and get better quickly

• Options

Morning all

Jude: thanks for the lovely comment, it must be a good photo!  This is why I'm a rubbish runner, my mind and determination says yes - my body says no! Lol. I will keep at it though I really want to improve on my average pace which is pretty slow 11 mins per mile image.     You made good time on the treadmill which is great!

Chilli: hope you feel better soon

Franny - hope you like your new comfy bed!

I am in Neyland, Wales for the weekend - visiting family so I may not get another run in now but I think I may try my 1st park run next sat.

Enjoy the weekend allimage

• Options

Afternoon,

Jo- Must say seeing the photo of you I am surprised that you have a  22 year old!! You will get quicker.

Jude-Well done on the treadmill 10k. I keep on meaning to use mine more but so prefer the fresh air.   

Chilli-Hope you start to feel better and park run goes well.  

Franny-I am keeping an eye on you!! Hope you enjoyed the new bed.   image If you and LLB do come down and revisit Littlehampton we could do a coastal run!!!! Mind you Sussex has only recently recovered from that incident of a couple of years ago!!!  

Hi MC,Sluggis Wonder,Lainey and anyone I have forgotten.

Did 9 mile club run yesterday and am doing a 10k race this evening called Glow In the Park - although I don't have anything that glows yet!! Think it is just a fun run really so won't be worrying about the time. All part of the race a month that I am doing with a lady from the club. Then going out afterwards for a curry so it will be me dining with three ladies!!  

• Options

hi everyone

Jo - 11 min miles is speedy!

Franny - you need to get up now, it is the afternoon!!image

AF - good luck at the race and enjoy your curry with the ladies

have done my usual Saturday morning, 2k on the treadmill, spinning, 20 mins of weights then swimming. Now off to get youngest son some school shoes image

• Options

Jo 11 min miles is great.  Am aiming to do that for 5k.  Longer stuff is much more slow!

AF hope you glowed well!  Enjoy your curry-you deserve it!

mathschick- hope shoe shopping wasn't too much of a bore.

bagged myself a PB at parkrun today...by 2 secs!  It felt so much harder than last week.  I'm also out for a curry tonight same as AF!! But have a 10 miler planned tomorrow.  naan is a good carbohydrate, right?image

Have a good evening, all!

• Options

shoe shopping was a failure - there is only a clarks in the nearest town but they didn't have anything that fit him, so off to another town tomorrow image

we did have coffee (well he had milk) and a cake though image

• Options

Well I never thought this would happen but I'm itching to get out for a run.

It's wet. windy and grey but as soon as my other half's up we will be out the door for a 7.5 miler along the seafront,image.

11 minute miles sound very respectable.

• Options

morning all

Chris - enjoy your run

feeling a bit under the weather so didn't get up and go for my run today. 

• Options

mathschick-feel better soon.  And good luck with the shoe shopping.

Chris-hope you have a great run!

10 miles done.  Now beginning to ache but pleased I did it before any bad weather arrived.  Also had a very enthusiastic pedestrian give me fabulous support.  Made my run!