Options

Loch Ness marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Nice one Banana image

• Options

bm - I know what you mean, but panic not! trust in your training and keep the pacing even and all will be well. (If I say this for others it helps me remind myself of it too!)image

• Options

100 that's a nice number BF

There were lots of interesting things going on in the year of my number - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1864 

So BT is winning the race of the lowest number, is this a sign from the heavens of how well she will do on the day?! 

• Options

I think I've updated the spreadsheet, couldn't really work out whether I'd saved it or not.

My hip had an awful couple of mins during this morning's run, I very nearly pulled up, but thankfully I managed to run it off but it's a bit tender now, but I'm just grateful that it's not as bad as when it first happened (about 6 weeks ago or something like that), it's a lot better than it could be so I.AM.NOT.FREAKING.OUT!!! image

I've been stalking a pair of Brooks Ravennas for weeks now, I have gammy feet that don't like most trainers so I refuse to buy them at top price. I've just won a pair of Ravenna 3s from Ebay, brand new but an old model, they were only £29.99 so at least it won't bankrupt me if they are crap! Hopefully they will sort out my heel pain (would love it to do the hip too but I can't get too greedy!!).

All I seem to want to do is spend money on kit! I don't actually want to do the running, I just want to ponce about looking pretty in new gear!

• Options

Nice fast 10km this morning with negative splits. Will be looking for a nice red running T this weekend. Getting closer...
  • Options
    AndyRuns: 93rd from lastimage
  • Options

Heroine - I'll be running LN in a pair of Ravenna 5's (rather excitingly I won them in a competition from my local running store!) I found I've had to wear them slightly looser than I would normally, but other than that they've been great. hope yours fit well! Hope the hip behaves too!

• Options
    Even beat Ecce I think he's 123 I like that image
  • Options
    booktrunk wrote (see)
    Even beat Ecce I think he's 123 I like that image

lol, you stole my thunder but yes, a cool number image Probably gonna have a kit change now as my club shirt is a little tight under the arms. I do have a shirt with my name on but not sure of that (am a shy lad lol).

Am surprised so many folk are running with music - I'm just gonna soak up the atmosphere image

• Options

I don't run with music either, but I do like to make terrible recommendations.

• Options
    Could someone update my number on the spreadsheet please- 1816. Hubby is 1817. Thanks.
  • Options

Added you Sheesh.

• Options
    1892 , my year of birth
  • Options

I'm 557, not long to go now, scary!!!!!!!

• Options

Can someone add me to the spreadsheet please? I think I will be wearing n my Dumfries Running Club vest but may change my mind before the day.

• Options
    Thanks Andy. I'm running for Alzheimer Scotland.
  • Options

3578. Not a very interesting number. But if you add the numbers up, multiply by 2, add 9, it comes to my age!

No music for me - I like to hear my breathing, just in case it stops...

There are a few of us Paris veterans wearing a purpose built top in fetching sky blue. It has our club initials BCRC (don't ask) emblazoned on it. You can't miss us. Although you may want to.

2 weeks to go! My tummy is already doing cartwheels.

• Options

I can't seem to update the spreadsheet. Help please!

• Options
    Just poking my nose in - have been lurking on here a bit. I'm doing the 10k - anyone else doing that, and if so, have you heard anything from the organisers? I've had no communication since I registered, and I wondered if I was missing anything?
  • Options

Hello RR. Mrs Mac is doing the 10K and hasn't heard anything yet. But the numbers are now available to see on the website. I have run the 10K many times - it's a very fast course - good for a PB.

• Options

RR - nice of you to decloak ,, tell us about yourself ,, image , have you completed any interesting races this year ? is this your first 10km ,, do you have accommodation sorted yet , it gets pretty busy up there 

macperky - its my intention to listen to your breathing as long as i can manage ,, probably the first hundred metres, until you disappear, after that itll be a selection of show tunes until i go insane ,, probably another hundred metres 

• Options

my accom sorted a long time ago, probably that's why I got a phone call confirming my attendance! staying in the centre of town, a bit of a walk in the morning.

No is 36??? why so low? I'm 37! image

really gonna try and get a 20 miler in tomorrow just to see if i can do a decent distance without dying!

2 weeks to go! Can't wait for that last 10 mile struggle!!! bring it on!

• Options

Welcome RR, nice low number. I am sure it is because you are an elite runner at the front - or it may be that you enter really early!!!!!

Two weeks today - how is everyone feeling? I am starting to feel very afraid and worried that I have not done enough miles in training. I have decided to take it nice and steady and enjoy the lovely scenery on my way round And wave at you all as you take off in to the distance.

• Options
    Helga - getting to the "oh dear god what am I doing " stage
  • Options

I've been at the "who's stupid idea was this" stage since about June! Can't believe I've only got 2 weeks left before I die on a hill near loch ness... 

Always wanted to visit Loch Ness, near thought it'd be the place of my death though!!!

336 hours 10 mins and counting

• Options

Helga - I am cursing my lack of training and laziness in not doing enough faster running.

Today's little fret has focused on pace. I have no idea what pace to run at and feel beyond rationale decision making so I'll maybe just wing it. The internet is failing to tell me clearly what % of my HR max I should be running at. Any one got any guidance? Ecce is this your area?

• Options

Nice to see all the doubts/fears/worries creeping in - hopefully we'll all leave them at home and have a stonking day out image

Going out to try an 18 mile progressive run later but the way I'm feeling it will be progressively slower!!

benign,  this may sound weird but most HADDers will train to HR then run to pace - not logical I know but hey ho! Me? Am going to try to make the most of the hills and run the first 1/3rd with an AHR of around 75% then run to the 'hill' at 18 miles below 75%AHR then wing it from there (not much help sorry).

The best 'calculator' I have seen for pace/AHR is the MARCO one. Looks good but I'd never be able to sustain the HR they suggest and it's for negative splits!

• Options
    Thanks folks - I've checked on the website and I do exist, so that's reassuring. I'm planning on running the 10k as the back end of a 15 miler as part of my training for Thames Meander in November. So I'll be there to cheer you all in.

Scott - no, I haven't booked any accommodation yet, I was just planning to bunk up with someone when I got thereimage .
  • Options

Thanks Ecce Signum - that does give me more of an idea and the HR suggested by MARCO is probably higher then I will average at so all good. I am also tempted to run the first downhill miles about 20 seconds faster, whilst holding a picture of a gazelle in my mind to stop me bashing my quads to a pulp. After we've done the hill we'll know what we've got left to finish with.

• Options

I'm now confused (not difficult for me I know!)

I was looking at around 4hr 10min pace, then on Saturday I easily broke my 5k PB and today ran 16.5 miles with the last 3.5 miles at 8min20sec/mile pace. What's going on?

My number is 1599, which is really weird as that's my age plus 1555 and at 15:55 I'll be on my 3rd. beer!