Options

Loch Ness marathon 2014

1505152535456»

Comments

• Options

I jogged 1 mile home from dropping my car off for an MOT and my legs felt terrible!

75 Euros does seem a lot, look forward to reading your report Heroine.

I really want to do the Marathon de Medoc, but that's a bugger to get in.  Might make an effort for next year though.

• Options

Glad I booked Brighton marathon because as expected, I too got the reject magazine. I know I've done London a couple of times but it's not the be all and end all. Not ran at till since Nessie. Will try to get out on Sunday.

• Options

That was 75 GBP or 95 Euros for those not living in Italy. That's got to be on the high side of any marathon surley? Or have I just been looking at the cheap ones. Still sounds nice, will wait eagerly for your race report 

Medoc, isn't that the one where you get drunk as you run? There was an article about that in the easy jet magazine..

• Options

Got my 'in training' T-shirt for the Fort William Marathon today, quite classy so it might be worn to the pub more often than running image

I guess I was a wimp at LN as managed my 3rd 'run' this week - 60 mins on the treadmill at 10:10mm pace and AHR was just 65% of MAX.

Finger is still hovering over the 'enter' button for LN 2015.

Isn't Medoc the wine one? would prefer the beer version image or, you could take G&T in your camelbak lol.

• Options

It's a no for me for London as well, not too disappointed as I had booked Brighton as a fall back. Just been on line and booked my accommodation so there is no backing out now. See you there Alastair, will need to start a forum for Brighton.

Great to run with you too benign but I definitely went off to quick and suffered for it later. I will need to be good in my training to work on my pace and stamina over the winter for Brighton. Hopefully see you at Bath half.

i looked at Medoc las year but it worked out really expensive to get there and stay. It does look very good. I love that they say on the promotion - "serious runners need not apply".

happy recovery runs everyone.

• Options

I'm not running for two weeks. This has to be healthy. Lots of bike and swimming to be done in the mean time.

• Options

I ran on Wed night (4 miles) and yesterday (2 and a bit) and I'm certainly not firing on all cylinders yet. On the plus side the lack of running ability has pushed me into finally getting into the pool and I've done three 'sessions' (if you can really call 60 -70 lengths a session), I've had to fit it in before work so I'm limited to 30 mins really, I put a bit more effort in today but I find it quite hard to get properly out of breath doing swimming, it doesn't feel like anywhere near the workout that running gives.

• Options

You must be swimming wrong HIAHS in 30 mins I could do maybe 4 laps and be completely knackered...

I'm planning a short run night see how I go, contemplating taking part in the xc season which starts next weekend, so need to get out see what my legs think of my idea.  

• Options
    Yes, heroine, that's brilliant swimming in 30 mins. I could probably only manage 40 lengths in that time. Went for a 3 mile walk last night to ease things off. Only looking at half marathons for next year at the moment. Feeling really flat this week. Need something to train for!
  • Options

Just back from being away with work straight after LN, I finished in 4.00.00 which I think should count for a round number prize or something! 3 seconds slower than my only other (very flat) marathon attempt so pretty pleased with that! 

I didn't take my running stuff with me so will be attempting my first run at the parkrun tomorrow, very very slowly!

Heroine - sounds like you're in training for a triathlon if you class that as an easy swim!! image

Having difficulties posting a picture, but check out the poem at the bottom of page 3... http://www.lazygirlrunning.com/blog/page/3

I didn't get through the VLM ballot, I had intended to take it as a sign that I should work on 10k times, but kinda want to find another marathon instead... preferably something off road!

• Options

Not quite cursing Baxters for size of completion medal ... But did think of options while backpacking round Europe with it as dead weight in the 2 weeks following! image