Options

NOTTINGHAM MARATHON/EARPHONES

Comments

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

They might be listening to the karaoke versions or even soft melodies. My favourite is the spa healing water. The sound of dripping water does something to me every time.

I once met a fella who was so inspired by David Cameron, that he records his house of commons speeches and listens to them for motivation.

Another person said he could not bare to leave his house without his dogs so he listens to them barking.

I am just glad that we can all run in the security that we all have one common goal. To get to the finishing line.

• Options

Simon Coombes 2 hardly bizzare Simon.

I like to run.......i like to listen to music its a win win for me

Know Simon.... if i cant listen to music during a race then so be it

but to say its BIZZARE?? its actually a multi million pound industry Simonimage

• Options

that is fine when you run alone but in a race it is often crowded and you need to be alert to other runners and obstacles around. I have witnessed another runner being tripped by someone running with music in a race because they were not aware they were there, that was why I asked the question.

The music wearer did admit to not realising the other runner was there and it sadly ended that runners race

• Options

asitis The sound of dripping water does something to you every time you dirty smutty manimage

• Options

Can deaf people run in races rowrex? i took part of the birmingham 10k and partly blind people took part

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

asitis is a women.

🙂

• Options

yes of course they can but I asked you a question that you obviously cannot reply to.

Deaf people normally can hear people and have alerted senses in other ways very different to having music . You asked a question and why get so angry with the responses?

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

This is fun.

We're laying traps and BES is falling right into them.

🙂

• Options

RicF is back jesus chris i have missed you image

• Options

sorry asitis i mean smutty women 

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Ricf.  No sorry you got your guess wrong. I will give you one more chance.

What events you got going this year. I will introduce myself to you and give you one of my butchers home made pork pies.

• Options
    Me or the one they call ricf
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Oh RIcF want Are you like ay ????
  • Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

You got it right first time BeS.  Your instinct and observational skills was spot on. You have now passed the earphone test and are now allowed to use them.

• Options
    Haha cheers. Hopefully doing the Nottingham marathon but still waiting how I get on I training cuz my hams abit tight from liverpool marathon last weekend then Birmingham half and tough guy. What bout u?
  • Options
    I wonder how many musicphobes use gamins or similar. I've seen several 'dangerous' incidents with GPS lovers. Some struggle to even do training plods without being hooked up to a satellite.

Also some folk just don't really get the importance of music.
  • Options
    Haha egyptiantoe don't go on the gps route ffs ricf head will explode. Its weird tho how we are all on runners world forum and this months bonus for signing up for 6 months is ..............free running earphones muhahaha ffs but what do runners world know ay ????
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

just wear some headphones, it's only the rules you're breaking.

why not get some of those ones that completely cancel all surrounding sounds.

That way you can majorly inconvience as many runners as possible, especially later in the race when you're knackered and your reactions have slowed.

• Options
    Cheers Steve never fought of that mucka ill go on amazon now and get some cuz my are not that loud ????
  • Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭
    Big eyed Sid wrote (see)
    Haha cheers. Hopefully doing the Nottingham marathon but still waiting how I get on I training cuz my hams abit tight from liverpool marathon last weekend then Birmingham half and tough guy. What bout u?
    Get the stretching and massage in. they will be fine.

Why don't you just do the half. I have been looking at it and I might pencil it in. I have some friends in Nottingham and I might take a few days out.

I went down west last week and done the super Spartan. That was a killer. 10 mile and 30 obstacles. Fail one and its 30 burpees. 6 mile was running with logs and 20lb sand bags up and down muddy terrain. 

I go all over, usually on the spur of the moment. I retired early and have loads of spare time. Just gardening and working out are my life's passion.

• Options
    I wanna try the Spartan next yr it looks a good crack???? I did tough mudder in may and it was brilliant l loved every minute of it. Retired my god wish I was saying that by the time I retire ill properly need a buggy
  • Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

I have done the tough mudder but the Spartan is a lot harder, You are chipped and me being me and super competitive I went for it. There is another july 4 or 5 in manchester, I am 50/50 on that one at the moment. If you do enter in the future make sure you go in the first heat or you will be catching the tail enders up and waiting at some obstacles.

• Options
    Yeah well I loved tough mudder but it was gimmicky tough guy looks good too but I loved the comradely of it. There was 9 of us and we our time and just enjoyed it it was quite nice to run but not race
  • Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Yes that's good. I'm not taking anything away from it but I am just comparing the two, The mudder is about what you say and great for comradeship. It is primarily aimed at that market whereas the Spartan has a more serious attitude and feel about it. There is a few groups but not many. The course is designed to test you mentally as well as physically and it is hard. If you are thinking about doing one, You have been warned image

What makes you want to do the Nottingham. Are you from the area ?

• Options
    Naw defo only to try next yr for Spartan seems a good crack but I will do that in a small team like 3 or summit. I'm from Walsall west midlands as u know there isn't any Birmingham full thtas why I'm thinking Nottingham plus the medal looks nice haha
  • Options

Oops. I drove to work this morning with the CD on pretty loud. Is that ok? Mind you, it put me in a much better mood.

Nottm medals are good. Think you have to pay extra for t-shirt, or at least I did first time I did it.

• Options
    Yer I have heard you have to buy it the tight b@stards ???? you normally get it with ur fee
  • Options
    rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭

Jesus - headphones again??? Wear them, don't wear them, it doesn't matter.

It's a running race, and they may well block out the sound of other people around you, but is that such a big deal? There are lots of reasons why people might stumble into one another, it's not like wearing headphones makes you a public menace! And it may be against the rules, but is there really anyone who never drives too fast or parks their car where they shouldn't "just for a minute"?

Some runs are hard going, and if music helps to push you along, then that's great. If not, then someone else listening to music makes no difference to me at all. We're all different people, but we're running the same race, and I can't understand why people get so wound up about this.

• Options

Excellent comment rodeoflip.