Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    ... just to check eh?  !
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Evening!

FP!! I was waving too - was about 5 minutes feckin walk up the road from where you were but it seemed rather pointless to up sticks and trot over when I don't even know whether I'd recognise you! image We were watching Mr Daffs play in a mate's band, and after playing where we were, they were going off to play at Cliffhanger! Don't think you stuck around for long enough to see them anyway, and Mr daffs had to come home to go out to a paying gig image Hope you had a cheery day image Let me know if you're coming over again image

Chugs! How lovely to see you, am impressed at your catching up abilities even in small bursts... image

Jenni, sorry your race didn't go as well as planned.... image Glad you're feeling a little better though image

Went to look at boring people carrier this morning - all fine, but not very exciting image Tried to sort out viewing one tomorrow, but the bloke's away, then tried to sort out viewing a van from ebay in Hull tomorrow - but bloke just pointed out that it ends at 6 in the morning, and I don't think we'll make it before then... D'oh! Ah well...

<yawn>

Had tea at ex-ex-mr-daffs' and walked hom - time for tea now I reckon image
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
  • Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    What a shame Daffy.  It would have been lovely to meet you and to hear Mr Daffs band.  Funny thing was that when we arrived one of the first people we saw was someone we knew from canoe club.  He works for Robin Hood Watersports and they had a stand there. 
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh! hahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    I think it may be bedtime ..

I is offally tired
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    yes me too, going to read about Chi Running!
  • Options
    I am off to see my boy in the morning

Long run

and then glued to IM Dead to watch Mouse et all at IM Germany !

and The Tour

I think I may be a bit busy!

Night all x
  • Options

Night guys, I'm waiting for the missus to get back from the cinema then I'll be going to bed myself.

Night all.

• Options
    Boys that link shows never wear red cycling shorts.

Bedtime here too.

Nite nite

xx
  • Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Poor budgies!!!! image
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

morning image

(((JFF))) well done for getting round safely. You've come over all unnecessary before but XB wasn't around this time image Lazza and me ran a stoopidly hot harf mara - 89 degrees - never again. Zupping Zider should be on prescription image

M...eldys I'll have whatever you're on as you're like the duracell bunny image

<waves to chuggy>

lovely to see the ol empty can and string is keeping you in touch with goings on image Sounds like you're having a good time image Yup, teef are exciting id you like paying good money for pain and seeing lots of the dentist. But he is highly qualified (consultatnt at two local hozzies and teaches too) and if I leave it until felt less guilty about spending the money, my teef would probably be past the point of being moved about sucessfully

<wonders whether Jay has left his eyebrows>

well tri'd, Podds image  How is  DG ?

LOL at the cycling shorts pic - men in white shorts unnerve me

Hello lazza - hows Holly and the bump ?  plodding and cycling sounds good - watch out or M...eldy will be asking how you're should er is

(((pippi)))) Tea bread please ? image Sounds as though you should put your feet up in this weather image

Awww, Daffy, your little van will find you soon image

Am sure I had something profound to say to you, FP but its gorn image

Sluggy, I think you should go without your brake cable more often - adds a new level of excitement image

Feel as though I've hardly paused for breath today.  Chuffin expensive day but everything done. Well, I have committed a big faux pas. Daddy is 81 today. Family etiquette is always we speak to each other. I reminded myself to get boys to call Granddad and then forgot - too late to call now and boys asleep. Am seeing him  tomorrow but........image

• Options

EVening

Yep - seen that photo before image

First swimble (exluding actual race) since May and surprisingly painless image

Usually 40 adults in club session - today around a dozen!  A combo of good weather, some iron peeps, a masters swimming tournament and the European Tri Champs in Ireland where all our chaps and chappesses finished in top 15 of their age groups and 2 of them in top 8......................

........needless to say they are not the ones I train with!!

Sleepy now so off to bed  -  sweet dreams all

• Options

PS Yums - DG seems to be settling in well image

Me the Botany Bay Bovver Boys today and all was going very well until the bits of sausage came out....then Alfie tried to have a go at  poor DG who just backed right off and went all unnecessary and girlie on me!  He's certainly a lover not a fighter...........or at least would be if he had his bits still!!

• Options

morning all

just touching base, I'm not even going to attempt to comment on any goings on, far too busy and I'm bound to leave someone out!

whatever has been up with me seems to be settling thank goodness. I've not been right for quite sometime, but I had a good productive day yesterday and don't feel wiped out today so fingers crossed.

• Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

Morning, cooler and overcast here today.  Been out with the dawgies now downing porridge.

Thank goodness you are feeling better Sue.  We've missed you.

Aww, poor DG, at least you don't have to worry about him wading in every time there are other dogs about.

Oh well Yums, if it was something really profound you will remember today.

Well paddled Podds.  Are you going to do another Tri eventually?

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

Glad that you're feeling better, Sue, we've missed you!

FP, I forgot to comment on your photo's yesterday, sorry image. It looked as if a good time was had by all - well done!

Poor old DG, proabably wondered what was happening! Sounds as if he's already bringing you a great deal of pleasure, Podds.

Yumms, at least you'll have something to show for the money you spend on your gnashers. If it's something you really want to do, then go for it.

Larry, nice to see you again. How is the shoulder?

MS w*rked last night so is still snoring in his pit. We're planning on getting out on the bikes today - let's hope we manage to be up and out  before lunch!!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Morning

Poor old DG! And Sluggy's right, you do sound like you're enjoying him image

Sluggy's right again Yums - go for it if you've got the cash image Good to spend things on yourself sometimes image

Gardening and van hunting today. Numpty whose car we went to look at yesterday (and who told us we would be getting a bargain because he'd bought it for £400 more 2 months earlier) has changed his internet advert and reduced it by another £400. So either he didn't pay £1750 for it in the first place (which is what I suspect), or he's willing to buy a car then sell it 2 months later for £800 less. Either way, I'd rather not bother thanks image

<yawn>

Gosh it's tedious - I do apologise! image
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Morningimage

Footpather wrote (see)
    Poor budgies!!!! image

*Giggle* 

Glad you're feeling better Sue.

Podds, glad to hear DG  is settling in wellimage

count down on here, Twiggy is due in 4 days time imageimageimage

FP those photo's are fab, what a sport you are.image

The boys are going fishing.

Daught and I are meeting H; after her long run, and going into Brum, daught needs an outfit for the yr6 Leaver's doimage

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Mornin' - had a good night's sleep image surprising how good it feels after you haven't!

Glad to hear Sue is feeling better. We do miss you. 

Daffs - the van does sound very dodgy ...

Spence - I know exactly what you mean about mothers writing things for children. I get Christmas and end-of-year cards like that with even the child's name written on by mum. They can write - I make them do it every day!

Have a good day with the family, Yums. 

• Options

Morning each,

A slow start to the day here.  it's HL's birthday so she's had to spend ages opening all the presents I've showered on her.  I've done brekkie, now for a walk with the dog.

we have a couple of people coming for a late lunch.  I'm doing beef but cooked a bit differently.  It's been marinating in red wine, veg and herbs for quite a spell, then I'm going to slow roast it.

I can't see me crowbarring any bike rides into today, HL is having a high maintenance day.

Later

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Didn't HL have another birthday recently? Is she like the queen? Or am I getting rather confused??
  • Options

She restricts herself to one birthday a year Daffs.

Of course, being married to me is like having a birthday every day.  Perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, Noggs, perhaps.

;)
  • Options

Morning all.

Flibbs Happy Birthday imageimage

Not much to report here, I didnt go for a run this morning. Just enjoying some peace and quiet in the house at the moment.

I've misplaced my running mojo....

• Options

Hi all, 

HAd quick read but will probably forget something so sorry in advanceimage  Happy B'day Mrs Nogs - lunch sounds yummy!

JFF - i too think doing half-mara heroic in any circumstances

Chuggy - yup it's baking here too!  I love it, though wouldn't say no to a bit of air-con at night.  Temp sill about 29 when gpoing to bedimage  There is abreeze but it's not noticeably cooler really.  Am defo not complaining though - just lovely and we're probably the most relaxed we've ever been which is great.  Ran yesterday morning (did run / w;alk combo as advocated by Waisters - see I've been listeningimage) and it was lovely - it's really rural round here so lovely countryside, lots of wild flowers and lots of friendly if bemused locals to say hello too.  I've onlyever seen one other runner round here in the years we've been coming so locals really do think I'm bonkersimage

Had lovely pizza and beer last night after v relaxed day.  Off to Siena later for tea and to check out the parades and stuff they do after the Palio horse races.  Last year they had amazing parades witgh mediaeval costumes and regalia and kids were entranced.image

Meldy - hope you get to see tour - they're cycle mad here - there's a cycle shop on every corner and lycra is most definitely in.

Have lovely day all - btw who is d2d?!  Am intrigued!!

XX

• Options
    Happy B'day Flibberty!  Have gorgeous dayimageimageimage
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

HAppy burfday. HL  image Did you say you are havign a few WAISters over later - drat, Am already committed to a burfdee lunch

Glad you slpet well, Pippi - remind me when are you off to Egypt ?  A very well deserved break. Fingers crossed you dont suffer from the Pharoh's revenge image I've been to Luxor.........  There was something special about it - the lift are infact inclinators as they travel upwards in a diagonal direction

<baists breasts for twiggy and Spence' s big day image  Yr 6 leavers do ??? Thank dog No 2 isn't doing that. Far as I'm concerned he can wear his new school uniform and Blazer morning, noon and night to get my moneys worth

Oooh, Daffy, be careful. Lots of dodgy people out there, sounds as though you and Mr Daffs are savvy enough to weed them out though image

Good to hear you're feeling more yourself, Sue. Take it easy though as you still don't seem yourself and we do miss you being around image

Bless DG, Podds. As you know, greyhounds are generally big girls blouses. Guess its all a bit strange for him. Wont take him long to realise that life is going to be great - don't suppose he had much freedom and exercise if he was with an elderly couple and he is still a whippersnapper image  For all Tips attitude, I'm pretty certain its all front as its generally followed by whining.

Hope MS surfaces before midday, sluggy - although I'm sure you have a secret method or waking him... banging dustbins lids and vacuuming can help image

According to the news Government Departments awill have their budgets (not budgies ) cut  by 40%. Thats not a warm snuggly feeling if it true image  Sluggy, I've long hankered after sorting my gnashers. Was being enlightened and then noticing a woman at work having hers done that prompted my chat with her that prompted my visit to Orthodontist. Oh and the people on Jeremy Kyle with terrible teef !

Its certainly not going to make me snogworthy for 2 years or so - although braces are much more discreet these days, so no more amusing interludes about my love life or lack of it to share with WAISTers for a while but if i'm lucky, I'll be stuck with my gnashers for another 20years at least and I want to enjoy smiling again image

WAIST well

x

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

imageimageimagewoo hoo Mrs Nogginimageimageimage Happy Birthday image Hope she can see me waving ! image

imageimageimageimageHappy Birthday Flibberty imageimageimage

Pippi LS wrote (see)

Spence - I know exactly what you mean about mothers writing things for children. I get Christmas and end-of-year cards like that with even the child's name written on by mum. They can write - I make them do it every day!

She's even signed it using her nickname!? image

HH, d2d is a nutter image