Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Go Go Keeley imageimageimageimage

Looks like I shall be spring cleaning our bedroom tomorrow, the moth thing is getting beyond a joke!!

Hopefully an early run is on the cards an hour of r/w me thinks image

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    That's an impressive aim Spence! Well done! image

pompompompompoms for Keeley! image

My aim for tomorrow is to go to the Women's Institute image Then write this darn PhD section, then go to a friend's and have a proper Chinese dinner cooked for me imageimage
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Morningimage

Couldn't sleep, off for a run.

imageimageimagepom, poms a go go for keeleyimageimageimage

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

crikey, you lazy feckers!! image

Only managed 50 minutes, not enough carbs, felt knackered image a list of healthy carbs please!!

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morning Spence image  I was up at 6.30 and out with poochee - too hot to run her tho.

Dotty Dog - they say dogs take after their owners image cutesy puppies image

GO GO GO Keeley image

well plodded, Larry and cycled, larry

(((pippi)))) permission to scream granted

Had nice evening at dawgs last night. Won enough to cover my bets and drinks and chap let me in free - so not a bad evening at all. Prob is I want to take them all home image

Prob skipping womens drop in - some times gets me down as I am often the only single person there. I may instead cycle a few miles along to meet the 'sea swimmers' the golden oldies who swim year round in the sea. Which started me thinking.... I wonder whether its my next challenge - a dip in the sea every day for a year - tide patterns may make it tricky timing wide though

Hmmmmmmm  - I realy must find my soul mate and stop looking fo ridiculous distractions image

WAIST well

x

• Options

oI - who are you calling lazy!! bin up for hours - well nearly an hour image

well done on the run

pompompompom for Keeley

anyone else doing r4l this weekend? Ours is in a couple of weeks

• Options

G'day each,

Yums, FWIW my two penn'orth.  You're far better solo than with the wrong 'un.

GD and HL all rested and breakfasted ready for a morning of dance, song and acting.

I'm in charge of dog walking then the coffee run at the dance studio.

Prolly no ride today due to family stuff, but a long 'un is on for tomorrow.  Aty least 4 hours with hills aplenty.

Gooooooooo Keeley.

Later

• Options

Morningimage

Pompmpms wiggling for Keeley~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe what a lovely spell of weather we are having. imageimageimageimageimage

A rest day for me today, feeling a bit crackered. 

I have a poorly throat, due I think to all the talking on the telephone this week, so I am not working again until Monday. We had a power cut at 10pm yesterday so I missed the second half of the Tour. Grrrrr.

Breakfast, a couple of hours at the archealogical society then shopping for a nice wine for later and a walk if I feel like it. image

Lovely photo Spence. image  I hope they continue to do well.

Yums - one of my uncles used to be a tic-tac man at the dog stadium. Bit of useless info there.

Happy Saturday everyone.imageimageimage

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Well plodded Spence image I'd say brown things rather than white things on the healthy carbs list! (rice, bread, pasta etc...) - but sure someone like Podds will know best! image

Yums - Nogs is right image

No bids on van yet - although 12 people watching. Got up to a message from someone saying 'hi there interested in van can you call .....' - er, well, if you're that interested can't you call me??

Don't think I'd make a good dodgy car dealer...
  • Options

Morning all, have a good one Keeley image

I don't know what all the fuss is about with the weather its being P*shing down for the last 24 hours and is due to continue for all today. Just feel sorry for all the Tin the park people in the mud at the festival.

Mrs is grandson sitting as Daughter and sin plus Scott are all doing the festival its on bbc3 I think.

I have enjoyed watching the "tour" pleased for Cavendish I was not too keen on his attitude last year but this year he is coming over better. Like the hill stages though just picture Noggy and M.eldy powering up at the head of the field image

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Morning

(((Damp festival goers)))

Spence, there'll be nowt wrong with your diet; you've just had a crap run.  It happens sometimes. If  you want to try something, try more beer. And chips.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

lol XB!! The run was crap because I hadn't eaten enough, need my porridge if I'm giving up cake!!

Lurker is going out with my husband tonight! image 

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Lucky lurker. He's a good bloke.

Lucky bloke, she's a top lady.

They'll  make a lovely coupleimage

7 miles for me. Nice and slow. r4w1.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

LOL chips and beer - I whole heartedly agree with XB, Spence - Top training tip from iron bint... Guiness  - one of the few bits of wisdom i have taken notice of !

rain ??? oh yes purlease, westie image

why is lurks going out with your husband, Spence ?

Van man can't be that interested, Daffy if he cba to call you.

And I know you're right Noggs and Daffs  -  I've worked out that single is better than the wrong un but it does get lonely at times - of course I have my WAISter buddies and Tips image But  Is hard not to question my own worth when I'm by far the longest single in my group of chums and acquaintences. is probably true to say they make considerable compromises - something is better than nothing so to speak

Not looking for fireworks, roses or romance. Just a pulse, job, sanity and decency image

• Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

Sorry have had to miss out a couple of days as I haven't been able to catch up with all the chatter.

Just watching the C5 programme about Jane Tomlinson and the run last week.

Aww Yummsy!  The thing is that you are worth more than most so that's why you haven't found someone at your level yet. 

Spence, puppies are gawjuss of course!  Have you started to think of any names yet?

Pippi, how is your nephew doing?

Chuggy, got my genuine authentic orange pom poms ready for the team.

Keeley hope your R4L has gone/will go really.

• Options

Westie, bless you.  That image of Melds and I leading anyone up hill will never become reality.

When it comes to downhills, I'm your man, whereas meldy goes down more reticently than...........(well, you can finish that one off yourselves.)

I know what you mean about Cavs though.  He has come across as arrogant on occasions - it seems to come wih the territory with sprinters.  He has mellowed and is very gracious towards his team mates who are the real stars in my view.  people like Renshaw who can sit at the front of the bunch at up to 40mph, leading him out to 200 metres from the line. 

The climbers will be stretching their legs from today.  I've just been looking at some of the stages in the mountains and it's compulsory viewing for me, tomorrow and the Pyrennean stages will be awesome.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Got up a bit later this morning then decided to join the 'family ride' which starts just up the road. 23 of us met up, some good riders, some kids and some numpties and set off to join the trailway (the one MS and I did last week). A few of the faster/more confident riders went off and did an extra loop then picked us up near to Upton House. Stopped for a cuppa and chat, then took a slightly different route home (not straight up the dual carriageway though), again largely off-road. I'm afraid I managed to fall off though image - was stationary, trying to get going again, wobbled to the right and tried to put my foot down but the path fell away at that point so I slowly fell to the side, taking the bike with me! I also went to wide on the 90 degree turn in an underpass and scraped my elbow on the side wall. My, already unhappy, back is now very sore and my left hip is somewhere around my shoulder image. Nevertheless, about 20 miles done, some of them pretty tricky (by my standard, at least) and a nice, sociable time enjoyed image
  • Options

Afternoon All

And another gloriously hot and sunny one it is too image

Went out on the club bike ride this morning and Kathryn made us go up hills and sprint to road signs and all sorts of things......  Still another 30 miles banked and then we sat and drank fruit juice and ate cake outside the No Name Cafe (which is in No Name Street) in Sandwich before (eventually!!) a very gentle 5 miles back to the car.......

Off to read back now

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Well done, Podds!

(no word from Keely yet? It's been hard work waving these pompoms all morning!)

• Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Only you, Sluggie, could have a fall, get into a scrape and still say that you had a nice sociable time!.  Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.    
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

((((Sluggie))))

Great biking both image

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    No wonder you fell off if you were waving pompoms Slugs! Hope you're not quite so stiff now... Cycling's going great though isn't it?? 20 miles! Can you imagine that just a few months ago??

And Podds! 30 miles up hills and everything! Cafe sounds cheery image

All I've managed to do is eat biscuits and drink tea at the WI, then eat more biscuits and yogurt and redcurrants when I got home image Have to deal with large invasion of aphids on bush in garden later - grrrr. PhD first though (can you see my halo shining??)
  • Options

image Aww Sluggs

But on the positive side image hark at you - 20 miles - I only did 30 and I'm supposed to be a proper trained triathlete like - you're doing brilliantly image

Yums - single is most definitely not to be sniffed at - being master of your own destiny and all that......

C'mon Keeley - we want news!

I seriously dislike Cav and even the tears after Thursday's stage win didn't move me (and usually sporty strong bloke in tears might find a little crack in my armour)  but I just thought "for dog's sake grow up and man up"!!

• Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Sorry Podds, missed your post about your ride.  30 miles and hills AND sprints. You're hard!
  • Options

hey all

Ive been spending so much time just reading and catching up that I then don't have time to post aswell!!!

I've retained nothing as per usual so ((()))~~~ and pompoms as required!

My R4L is tomorrow in Cleethorpes!

am working tonight though as Paul Daniels is coming to my theatre!!!

• Options
    I finished it image 43mins 45secs. I cried and sweated and weed in the car park at the end hehehe!! Now replacing fluids.

It was blooming hot!!!

My w2/r2 went a bit awry, was ok for first few k's then swapped to r1/w3 made sure I ran across the line though image mainly so people would think I had run the whole 5k.

Sorry for the delay in posting hope your pom pom arms aren't too achey. Your thoughts and cheers really helped.... Thankyou.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Woohoo, well done, keeley!!
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Nicely done keeley. The conditions are tough for racing so well done for sensibly changing your strategy.

Which made me think. If you have another toughie, spence, drop to r2w1 or r1w1.

Top cycling podds and slugs. Sounds a tough session for both for different reasons.

We are off out for a BBQ thiafternoon. Hope the rain holds off.
  • Options

Well done Keeley!!image

And well cycled Sluggie and Podds.image

• Options
    I have dropped to R2.5/W1 for this weather. It helps with my breathing too.  I am now 2 to 3 minutes per mile slower than I used to be for general running. Although I suppose it makes a difference because I am now adding walking breaks wheras I wasn't before. But I don't care about the lack of speed (not that I ever had a lot of it!) because at least I am still able to get out and do it, however slow it is.