Options

The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    44! Flipping heck, we’re panicking here it might hit 34 tomorrow or Friday!

3 miles for me this evening. Up to 482 YTD 
  • Options
    Yes great report David Charman,

Hillingdon it is then.

BTW I got a nice little Ultra on Saturday - it will be my first race

since turning 59
  • Options
    8.63 miles this morning

YTD 1037.36 miles
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    4.3 miles today

374.7YTD and inching towards 400 at last
  • Options
    7.09 miles 

YTD 1044.45 miles

Just been watching a report on sky news about the Uk heatwave, they’re making it sound like the end of the world!
  • Options
    Harmander, Good luck for tomorrow and still another 40 years of running ahead at least!
  • Options
    No running today, it’s 47 and blowing sand 
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Hope everyone's weekend of running went well. Nice to be back to normal Welsh weather today :-) wet & windy 13 miles... Still warm but felt good.
    879 miles YTD 

Nell, where are you... I need my nearest competition from last year. 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    YTD: 639.6

Couple of trips to the gym and local Parkrun since last signing in. York marathon coming into view a little to quickly. Must find a timeslot in the working week to up my mileage - Saturday tea time looking favourite. Anyone got any events to report?

And finally, Nell, are you out there?
  • Options
    Tour de France count Donnie?
  • Options
    Just remembered that I forgot to add the 13.48 miles from the day before my 59th birthday (which was on Friday).
    Yesterday I did the usual run to and back from Parkrun before the Twilight Ultra (50km) - in fairness I did a fair amount of walking with a lady who started at the same time as Ultra runners but was only doing the marathon - really slow time (my slowest ever). If anyone likes hills, this is the race for you.
    YTD = 1489.64 miles

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Can I add my name to those asking “Nell, where are you?!!” Hope all is ok?

Finished off July with a 3 miler tonight to bring me to 60 for July, and 489 YTD.
  • Options
    I accepted the inevitable this morning, after 3 days of no running due high temperatures and sandstorms I was going to have to go to the gym and use the dreadmill. So I woke at 0620 looked outside, not as bad as it has been, check temp, only 36, excellent I can run outside!!

6.67 miles

YTD 1051.12 miles
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Seems crazy that you cant run because of sandstorms!! Fairplay for getting out there

I have lost a bit of mojo last week or two, what with this persistent niggly injury, heat and work stupid hours it just feels like a grind. First time I have felt like this since starting 4 years ago.. 

But I am getting out when I can right now and am sure it will come back... 

And I also echo that I hope everything is ok with Nell, miss the stories from race days 

Yesterday 3.3 miles

YTD 378

• Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Late night run tonight and 4.3 miles.. Day off tomorrow so will hopefully get a few more into my legs!

YTD  382.3
  • Options
    Morning,

I am sure Nell is fine, although after her USA visit last year and nearly getting lost maybe this year she has got lost, we could ask Harmander nicely just to check she is okay.

I have only been out a couple of times this week as I have been in the gym and swimming, just trying to get a bit fitter.

Leg is still not quite right, but isn't impeding my running I don't think, just seems tight for a while afterwards.

28.07.18 - 6.25 (Hill intervals) Haven't done these for a while, boy was I knackered afterwards.
    31.07.18 - 6.25 Slightly different 10K route to normal down a small country lane, really nice and no traffic.

YTD = 694.00

Just been finishing my list for the rest of the year, so if all goes okay I still have the following to look forward to.

21.08.18 - Cyclopark Challenge - Gravesend
    30.08.18 - Once upon a run - River Thames 
    02.10.18 - Labour of love - Hillingdon (I believe Harmander is attending)
    07.10.18 - Downs Link Ultra - Gulp.
    12.11.18 - Dorney river run - This goes past Windsor Castle
    27.11.18 - The Viking Challenge - Kent.

• Options
    David Charman, Yes see you at Hillingdon.  Have sent Little Nell a message just now. Will report back when I get a response.
    Di 10.48 miles yesterday - just enough to get me over the 1500 mile mark before August.
    YTD = 1500.12 miles

• Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    A warm and sweaty 6.02 today putting me on 388.32 Ytd

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    4 for me this evening, so I’m up to 493 YTD 
  • Options

Great work on hitting 1500 miles Harmander, you're probably well beyond that already as I write this :-)

Couple of runs so far this week for me so up to 889miles YTD

Just entered the Narbeth Nobbler trail marathon, I've not done this one before but I believe wolves are involved.

• Options
    1.8 3.59 miles
    2.8 3.33 miles

YTD 1058.04 Miles 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Ytd - 647.8

8 to add since last reporting. As I've mentioned york marathon in October. Starting the long slow runs this weekend. 
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Another sweaty 3 miles this evening. Inching towards 500.

496 YTD 
  • Options
    Nearly half way there Andrew!

No run in the end today, poor time management!

Off to London in the morning, may not get any running in for the next few days!
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Evening all

3.6 for me tonight, times are starting to improve slowly and leg is feeling more comfortable as well.. 391.92 YTD
  • Options
    Dubai Runner,
    you are welcome to come on a training run with us tomorrow morning at 6:30 am in Redbridge (North East London).
    10.48 miles on Thursday plus another 10.19 miles including my fastest pacing Parkrun this morning makes 
    YTD = 1520.79 miles
    Less than 500 miles to target of 2018 miles.
  • Options
    Great miles everyone.
    Hill reps last night and 7 miles coast path, trail today.... Stung on the inside of my nose by a bug with 3 miles till home. 

900 miles YTD
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Just got in from a 3.55 mile run.. slowly racking them up again and slowly starting to feel it again!

YTD 395.47
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Since last signing in I've made a conscious effort to up the mileage although need to do more 'long and slow' to prep for my October marathon.

Effort has been:

4 treadmill miles

3.1 (Parkrun and a PB at 22:31)

3.1 treadmill

3.1 treadmill

6.6 on the road

3.1 treadmill

YTD:660.8
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Speed is getting there again with a 26 min 5k..

Now on 398.5k