Options

big girls run too!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ginger/Tang,

You both seem to be doing so well. I am not - which is part of the reason I have not been on recently. I am doing a half marathon in October, longest run so far 9, meant to do 10 Saturday but hubby had hangover so I could not go, only managed 4 yesterday and struggled. Have sort of decided that will try and do 10 this Saturday and if don't manage am not going to enter any more races until I loose the stone I have put on since January, and considering I have just eaten a deep fill cheese ploughmans and a turkish delight not much chance of that. But it was really fine!!

I don't know what has happened to Marion or anyone else for that matter. Ginger what sort of time are you hoping time are you hoping to do your half in and what one is it
  • Options
    Hello Cotty/tange!

I'm following the RW run/walk programme and hope to do 2 hours 40 for the half and around 5 - 5 1/2 for the marathon...this programme means you cover loads of miles without getting too knackered or injured.

I'm doing around 5 miles in an hour which isn't fast its not too slow either! You should check it out Cotty.
  • Options
    Hiya everyone! I'm trying for my first 10k in about four weeks time ... managed a 4 miler yesterday, so quite pleased with that. Averaged 10 1/2 min mile - that's not so bad is it? Will I be last on the course?!

Desperately trying to get below 11st again too - somehow the equation of running so I can eat naughty things doesn't quite work! lol
  • Options
    Join the group Nog, I'v been hovering around the 11 st mark for about two months now LOL. Did get under it for a week then went back over again, next week for definite hahaha!

My first 10k took me 63 mins 52 secs so ur doing fine, and I was no where near the back of the course, so don't worry.

Last 10k I did was 58min something and hoping to beat it on Sunday, only by a few secs prob but getting quicker every time and that's all that matters.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Thanks Tangerinetwirly (great name by the way) - you've made me feel a bit better! I've done a couple of RFL 5k's, but I keep thinking that they were tame charity affairs, and that this one's going to be horribly serious, and that they'll have packed up and gone by the time I finish! lol

I'm sure I'm over-exaggerating it, but I'm running with my sister-in-law, and I know she's going to leave me for dust at least! She has longer legs, so I don't mind about that - lol!

I was another two stone heavier, but I managed to lose three through Weightwatchers - I decided not to go back to WW, but to be generally sensible and relax a bit. I've put a stone back on, and have been at the same weight for ages so it's not all bad news. Just got to up the running a bit, and try not to snack so much!!
  • Options
    Nog - I was 14st 5lb, got down to 10st 10lb then got lazy and ended up back at 12st 2lb. Now back around 11st mark but not counting cals or anything, just running and trying to eat sensibly.
    Trying to get to 10st, but slowly and hopefully well toned 10 st.

Got my name from a book of my daughter's called Molly's Hair. Just happened to be on the shelf next to computer when I was looking for a name for a website many moons ago and it's stuck.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    I was 11.5 at start of year and am now 12.6 - blaming it on moving house, still living in a muddle almost 6 months on, eating takeaways 3 times a week and too much boozing!!!

I am really p***d off with it though, can't seem to move it at all, don't think I am actually in the mood to do anything about it yet either. Still running sort of, had planned to do a half in October, but did not do my long run at weekend, only managed 4 and gave not run since then and as Hubby did not get me up this morning have missed my slot for today as well. Had hoped to train normally this week and then do 10 on Saturday but I really think I am kidding myself on. It would not be so bad but I am so fed up about it. Kids are another problem, youngest who is 2 on Friday does not go to bed until between 9 and 10, we can't just put her down to cry as she is sharing room with her older sister until we get the house sorted. I feel like my backside is stuck to the sofa in the eveing as all she wants to do is jump over the top of me. Kids does anyone want 2 girls, any takers?!?!

Oh well that is me vented my frustration!! Glad so many of you are doing well though.

I got one of these see yourself slimmer photos I have it on my fridge it is fantastic - however as I am too embarrased to put the real me on the fridge beside it, I think I have started to imagine myself actually being the slimmer me if you know what I mean?!? 9 stone 13 is what I would like to be I don't think I have been that weight since I was about 11.

Have a good day everyone!
  • Options
    Where did u get photo Cotty? I would love one of them.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Yup, me too! Tange, it sounds like you're in the same situation as me. I just don't seem to be able to keep my mitts off the chocolate/biscuits! I have given up drinking though, which stops the hungover binges ... just need to stop myself being silly with food when it's something I like. I don't seem to have an 'off' or 'full' switch!

I have noticed that if I run more, and generally have a healthier lifestyle, I tend to eat better - so that's my gameplan. Would love a pic on the fridge to stop me from nibbling though - or perhaps on the biscuit tin!!
  • Options
    I just find it impossible to lose weight, I'm 5'9" so everyone says I carry my weight well...cr@p!! I'm 13 1/2 stone and would love to get to 11. I'm surprised that the weights not falling off me with the running I'm doing but there you go!!

Maybe its the wine!!....
  • Options
    Hi Tang,

The website is www.seeyourselfslimmer.co.uk

Sorry I can't do links.

Ginger with me its definately the wine and the munchies that go with it. Although I am making an effort not to drink, seems to be easier said than done, although quite like alcohol free Becks!
  • Options
    I know its the wine...I'm not an alko or anything but I love a couple of glasses every night...but I don't smoke or hang around with bad men so what you gonna do to get your kicks!!
  • Options
    Well, I've given up the booze, and I'm not putting any more weight on - without too much difficulty. Just can't lose it!
  • Options
    How bout a wee challenge to say half the amount of booze...I'll try from tonight to make spritzers, you know half wine half sparkling water.

I really got to do something because really my diet is very good, low GI and lowish fat.

OK I'll just pull my big girl panties on and do this!!
  • Options
    Sounds pretty good - keep us updated! I only gave up the booze completely a month ago, and it's not easy - wouldn't recommend it unless you're sure! I was on spritzers before that, which weren't so bad. Also vodka, lime & soda - liked that!
  • Options
    Vodka and sugar free cranberry juice, very yummy!

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Sorry that's No Added Sugar Cranberry Juice, only 40 cals a litre from Tesco.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Only have some on a sat night tho as I do my long run on sat morn so drink on a fri anymore. Hardly drink at all now come to think of it.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Oooops! DON'T drink on a friday anymore, that was meant to say.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    ......erm....you're not drinking now are you.....J/K
  • Options
    Shouldn't come on here just after a run. Dehydration does funny things to you, shrinks the brain just like when ur pregnant and keep making spelling errors or missing out words. Took me twice as long as normal to type this bit cos had to delete half of it and correct spelling errors.

That's my excuse for the drinking post errors too and I'm sticking to it, LOL.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Only did 5km today trying to save myself for Sunday's 10km GSR. Know if I don't cut at least a few seconds off my pb I'll be deeply disappointed. Going for swim on Sat morn hopefully but will have to take it easy cos haven't been swimming for ages. Have missed it though, had taken lessons and was getting really good, tumble turns the lot. But family life took over and you only have so much you can do in 24 hours before you burn out.

Got some new jogging pants from next, SIZE 12, and two pairs of trousers for my adrenaline weekend in October, SIZE 12. They all fit, would like to lose maybe half a stone b4 weekend in Oct, cos trousers would look even better loose rather than just fitting. So got an incentive to knuckle down and keep away from the crisps.

Please note that I am a pear shape, small waist BIG ar$e, so size 12 on my bottom half is a major achievement. Think I was in my teens last time i had a size 12 trousers on.

TT ;0)
    TT ;0)
  • Options
    How did I manage to put TT;0) twice, I'm going off my trolley.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Did 01:01:51 in GSR 10k, 4min slower than did women's 10k but not actually bothered. Lots of people collapsed in the heat, I had family friend die on the monday before it and had funeral on the friday. Had to start emptying her house at weekend. And then had to threaten a mad woman with court action for not paying me for childminding her kids during the summer hols. So all in all I had a pretty sh!t week and was amazing I actually ran in the race at all.

Plus it's the first time my friend and I have crossed the finish line together so that was quite nice.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Well done tang! I heard the heat was pretty bad - I did a half marathon in June and did a PW, but at least you finished it. When is your next race? I have a half in October but if I don't get my backside into gear and get on with the long runs I may as well forget it. I don't know how you can be a childminder, before I had kids I always thought it would be a good thing to do as I would be still at home with the kids, but when my 2 came along I decided that there was no way I would be able to cope with any others. Too old and no patience!! Hope you get your money though. I had a funeral last week too and it sort of deflates you a bit.

Still no sign of Marion I see - have you become one of those RFL runners.....Marion are you there?!?!
  • Options
    Well done on the race Tang! Sorry to hear you had such a crap week but well done on the perseverence. You should be so proud of yourself! I have my first ever half marathon on Saturday and I am really nervous about it...I'll keep you all informed!
  • Options
    Thanx everyone! Got a 10 k in October and it's a really hilly one, had to stop and walk twice when did it last year, so my aim this year is to get round it without stopping. Then got 1st half marathon in Feb, not worried about it though cos run a half marathon every sat morn as my long run anyway, will be a dawdle, kind of.

Good luck on Sat Ginger!

Cotty - know what u mean about childminding, I love my job and have been really lucky, only had one nutter in six years of childminding. But it's not all nicey nice being at home with your kids like people think it might be. Your kids have to share you with lots of other children which has it's own probs. You can't just take days off for your kids hospital appointments etc cos five other people then have to take the day off, my hubby ends up doing things like that and I always feel guilty for not being with my daughter on those type of things. You work most bank holidays and if ur lucky you get 3 to 4 weeks off a year, but you've got to try and take it at a time that it causes least disruption to everyone else.

But on the other hand you can become part of many peoples families and they make you feel appreciated for everything that you do for them. And you meet some lovely kids.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    Cotty- get out there and get some running done woman! U'll feel rotten if you don't and you muck up ur race.

Glad I run now think it was only thing that kept me sane last week even though I wasn't running a lot last week cos of race. Been out twice since sunday and goin out 2moro. Really looking forward to my long run on Sat too, missed not having it last week.
    Got one of those water backpacks too and can't wait to try it out. They are selling them in argos for £14.99 which is a lot cheaper than the running shops, so thought it was worth a try. Not good at carrying bottles and tried the belt thing and it was useless.

TT ;0)
  • Options
    The weather forcast for Saturday is 12 degrees and showers...is that good or bad. I hate out running without my running jacket...I can imagine me in a wet t shirt at the end of the race and all the stares!! All I can hope for is a BIG race number!!