Options

1000 miles in 2023

Comments

• Options
    Jack I daresay you're the only one here who doesn't have to put up with cold and wet weather. 
    4 miles recovery today, in a T-shirt and sunglasses, although I had to run through some standing water caused by overnight rain. Went to the gym after and then got caught in a thunderstorm on my way home. In my T-shirt. It's currently raining again so I guess we'll all have more mud and puddles to look forward to.

YTD: 1286
  • Options
    Nearly there JackFW, both of us, you're very close to the 1000miles now....yeah I should be able to manage the double of 1000 miles & 100,000 ft.

Race in Aberystwyth was great. It's pretty much the opposite of what I like about running....it's flat (64ft elevation gain) and all tarmac so I did a bit of pacing for a friend, she wanted a 55 min.....I might have lied to her on the way back to keep her pushing to a 52 min....I'm a bad coach. 

Cal, that was a pic of a decent path....it got much muddier....I'm down your way next week for a couple of days in London....going to run around seeing some lights while the family watch Chicago.

Great numbers DonniedangeroushamsterMrM2
  • Options
    Hobie, I ran around the West End on Christmas Day in 2020 for that purpose - it was rather enjoyable. Are you going to do a local parkrun?
  • Options
    Cal Jones said:
    Hobie, I ran around the West End on Christmas Day in 2020 for that purpose - it was rather enjoyable. Are you going to do a local parkrun?
    We're coming down on Monday until Wednesday, so no parkrun.
  • Options
    Another 12k in the bank... 2 sets of 10x400m, second set was much harder than the first. Cold but at least it didn't rain, finished in the dark - glad I'd taken my head torch

This morning though bought myself a ticket to Valencia marathon for next December. Will be my first 'away' marathon... Get a good banker in at Newport in April than all out to get something big in Valencia

YTD 1686 (Target 1750)
  • Options
    JackFWJackFW ✭✭✭
    My partner and I were just discussing possibly visiting Valencia, dhamster. To eat, not run! That will be a good event. Good luck. 

Cal, it’s been a wet and mild start to summer here. Yesterday was hot and humid (32 degrees), then thunderstorms in the evening. That’s quite unusual for down here. 

Hobie - that will be a tremendous achievement. Enjoy London. The Thames path is always great for a run. My favourite parts are Wapping to Canary Wharf or, if you’re west, Hammersmith to Richmond which is a very different experience! 

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    donnie great target
    jack ooh that sounds tough that double, great that you are so close to your target
    I now have 76 to do in 19 days 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    MrCMrC ✭✭✭
    Another 6 today including 6 x 300m hill repeats - can never pace those properly always start way to quickly.

YTD 1230 miles.

• Options
    7 today - I've a bit of a cough though I otherwise feel OK. Not sure what's going on there. Energy levels were fine.

YTD: 1293
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Another Seafront run. And another 'left it too late' run. Lovely conditions but last three miles of the 9 mile run, were a slog in the dark!

YTD: 1483' .
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Up to 931 now!! 
  • Options
    JackFWJackFW ✭✭✭
    MrM2, where are you running in Bournemouth? And is it trail or pavement? 

I reached the target yesterday running to and from work. Thanks for the support on here. Being part of this group chat made it seem like the miles were flying by effortlessly (at times!).

YTD - 1002m
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Well done mrm2!
  • Options
    Congrats on passing 1000 JackFW.

Only a couple of miles hill reps last night...working from home today so will bang in a run today sometime....off for Christmas then so plenty of time to get the 1000 done.

962 miles YTD
    91,745 ft elevation

also noticed on Strava that I've done 1,030,620 ft elevation since I started on Strava in 2015.
  • Options
    Awesome well done JackFW !!

On track Wabo keep going ! 

12k in the bank including 4x mile repeats... Legs are toast at the minute so glad to have a rest day before Cardiff parkrun Saturday ! Pacing duties to help someone out...

YTD 1699 (Target 1750)
  • Options
    Jack - well done. Glad you've found the conversation on here a positive. I defiantly do. Hopefully lots more of it in 2024

Wabo and Hobie - almost there. I'm sure you'll get across the line. Hobie - you've had a challenging injury plague year, its quite an achievement alongside getting your park run underway.

Two runs to add - 7.1 in exactly an hour and 5 which felt hard work.

Ytd: 1262.1 (Ytd 57.0)
  • Options
    Thanks Donnie, yeah knee has been a bit of a pain....organising parkrun has been a total joy...seeing people get into running and the parkrun community and volunteers is great for the soul.

5 miles tonight with my boy, lovely run
    967 miles YTD 
    92,463 ft elevation 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    JackFW... Well done on passing the 1000miles!
    Bournemouth has a fairly wide seafront, promenade. The seven mile prom. extends beyond the strict limits of Bournemouth, and it is possible to run the full length, uninterrupted. So, if you choose to it is possible to run a flat, half marathon, out and back. (Just need to pick a time when it isn't too busy, and when the prevailing winds are not too strong.) There are a number of 'chines' and gardens, going up from the prom, so it is very easy to throw in some climbs, and extra miles.

Another mixed run this afternoon. just seven miles. Lovely weather for December!

YTD: 1490' .
  • Options
    MrCMrC ✭✭✭
    Jack well done on passing the 1000 mark.

Hobie and Wabo almost there, great running from everyone.

A 10 miler today, thought I would ignore the watch and just run by feel, ended up running much quicker than my easy pace but didn’t feel hard so will take it ☺️

YTD 1240 miles

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hobie You're well on the way. Lovely to have a nice run with your boy!
    Jack well done!! 
    Mr C that's lovely when you get a run like that
    Well done all
    I'm up to 939 I'm chomping 4 a day, might try longer tomorrow to give me a buffer 
  • Options
    Great, Jack! Well done! And stick around in 2024!

Keep it going, Wabo and Hobie!

parkrun today (quickest since Jan 2020!) brought up 1213 miles for the year...and needing 80 km to reach 2023k in 2023. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Dear all, 

I hope I am forgiven for my absence from this thread, but tomorrow marks 3 months since my daughter Sandeep passed away.  As she would have liked, I have continued with my jogging and the miles done since my last total of 1709.65 are as below:

15/10 - Toronto Marathon
    19/10 - 7.31
    21/10 - 8.33
    22/10 - 9.75
    25/10 - 7.31
    26/10 - 7.32
    28/10 - 8.35
    29/10 - 11.35
    31/10 - 7.32  
    02/11 - 7.31
    04/11 - 8.32
    05/11 - 11.35
    08/11 - 9.75
    09/11 - 9.75
    11/11 - 8.35
    12/11 - 13.66
    14/11 - 7.31
    16/11 - 7.31
    18/11 - 8.33
    19/11 - 11.36
    21/11 - 7.31
    23/11 - 7.32
    25/11 - 8.34
    26/11 - 11.36
    28/11 - 7.32
    30/11 - 7.31  
    02/12 - 8.35
    03/12 - 15.75
    05/12 - 9.75
    07/12 - 9.75
    09/12 - 3.11
    10/12    33.55 (54km Dawn To Dusk)
    13/12 - 7.32
    14/12 - 7.32
    16/12 - 8.34 

YTD = 2057.91miles.

I went past 2000 miles 2 miles into my parkrun last Saturday and have beaten my last years total.

I have secured a place in the London Marathon next year to mark my 40th consecutive London, it was given to me out of sympathy I feel and I am grateful.  I have been training 16 first timers who will be joining me in a 10 mile course familiarisation run tomorrow - from the 3 mile mark to the half way line.

We have 28 club runners in the London this year, that is a record in itself for us, my only regret is that Sandeep will not be one of them as planned - her sister who has never run in her life is one of the first timers and I will forget about everything to do with my finishing time but help walk her through it instead.

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... So special to have you back with us! We share your sadness over the death of dear Sandeep! I can tell that you are really looking forward to helping her sister in 2024. Huge congrats. on passing 2000 miles this year!  And 40 Londons!

Happy hunting to all those who are still going for 2023 totals. (Two weeks to go)

Couldn't resist going out for a ten mile run today, to bring me up to 1500 miles. Not a route that I would have chosen, but the wind had a say in that! Found it all a bit of a slog, today, but then I've broken all my rules about recovery days....?! 

YTD: 1500' .
  • Options
    JackFWJackFW ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 1500 milestone, MrM2. An epic achievement! 

Harmander, welcome back. I’m blown away that you will be doing your 40th London Marathon. It will be a special (and emotional) one, no doubt, and I’m sure your daughter who is running with you couldn’t have a better mentor on the day. How many Toronto Marathons have you done? 

Thank you to everybody for the kind words. I look forward to seeing Hobie and Wabo join the 1000 club this year.

Back to back runs this weekend. Beautiful weather. Low to mid 20s with a cool breeze. Sorry for the brag!   :D

11.5 miles on Saturday which included hill repeats. Here’s a photo from Elwood “hill” looking back towards the Melbourne CBD.

5 miles on Sunday. Flat run. Here’s a photo from the docks in Port Melbourne looking back towards the CBD.

Happy running everybody.

YTD - 1019 miles.
  • Options
    Harmander, nice to see you back. You will be a great help to Sandeep's sister and the other first timers.
    MrM2, epic 1500 there. Well done.

No miles to add for me - I am sick. Felt a bit wheezy running on Thursday and it has since progressed into a full blown cold. Lots of coughing so had to skip parkrun yesterday. Not sure when I can run again but hopefully I'll be alright for the Christmas weekend. 
  • Options
    Thank you MrM2, JackFw and Cal,

Seven first timers joined me and did 10.58 miles today.  The Big Mac Meal was so nice.

JackFW, I have been doing Toronto  Waterfront since 2003 except the Covid years, however I ran two others (Inspirational Steps Marathon).

YTD = 2068.49 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just dropping in to say Thank You, and to wish Cal a speedy recovery!
    Rest day today and travelling tomorrow....
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Harmander, what amazing running you do. So sorry to hear about your daughter. It will be an emotional one I'm sure, next year xx
  • Options
    Harmander: Good to see your name again. Great you're running, supporting others and have positive plans for 2024. Take care.

Cal: Get well soon, you must feel ill to miss park run.

Jack: Adore the pictures of Melbourne. A bucket list thing, is test match cricket on Boxing day at the MCG. Hopefully one day.

Two runs to add - parkrun where Olympic cyclist, Ed Clancy, joined us as part of a local 'get moving' health initiative and a Sunday tea time jog around my local streets - standard 5 miles, pushed it a bit to get back for the second half of Utd v Liverpool. Not sure the football rewarded my efforts. 

Ytd: 1270.2 (Ytd 65.1)

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm up to 951 after sticking it out in horrible weather to get 6 miles done today