Options

northern social

Comments

• Options
    HI princess, and congratulations on your continued running feats.
    I sent my entry off for Darlo some time ago so will see you there.

I did the Northumbewrland Coastal Run yesterday, definitely one of my favourite races, in 1:41.
    I'm off to Switzerland on Thursday to do some wlaking and of course the Swiss Alpine Marathon, a week on Saturday, oo-err.
  • Options
    evening all

not been around much - sulking in my tent after a very old knee injury from rugby/football days came back to haunt me:-))

NS
    very well done on the LW event. It's over 30 years since I did that and the memory of the heather and mud lingers on ...........

PPB
    keep it going, or coming - you are doing well!!

Ian
    oh oh those flat places again!!:-))
    Great time for the Coastal Run - very well done.

ANyone heard foprm Jill recently? She was being asked about on another thread
  • Options
    thanks TS....well after nearly a fortnight my toe nails are now mud free (yes despite showering/bathing twice a day and paddling in the sea!)

anyone notice that the nissan road races have been cancelled...was having a look at the chester le street site and can safely say im gutted! i had definate unfinished business to lay to rest...grrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    apparently it was chester le street ac that cancelled the race
  • Options
    Princess, no problem about putting you up for the night.
  • Options
    IanRunnerIanRunner ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. Im in Gateshead myself and I am trying to organise a fairly simple running club for where I live. I have set up a blog and have put it on the estates forum but I am not having much of a response. I was wondering if anyone could give some tips please. heres my blog http://staithsrunningclub.blogspot.com

Feel free to offer any advice.

I was gutted about Nissan myself. I've only got one more this year at the minute which is in a couple of weeks and cant get a place in GNR.

Ian.
  • Options
    Well, I'm back!!!

Finally, after 5 months of Achilles pain I can run agin - very slowly at the moment, but at least it's a start and just in time for Amsterdam.

have entered the pier to pier 15k in Blackpool in October and I think that will be my come back race this year. I've just managed 71 minutes jogging - the longest I have run since february.

Have decided against Darlo this year - it's a great race, but I'll not be able to give it my best shot.
  • Options
    DD - good to hear that you are on the mend, even if Darlo is off, but will look forward to seeing you in Am'Dam.

I'm just back form the Swiss Alpine marathon, where I finished 26th in the C42, a great improvement on 55th last year.
    I can be found in glorious technicolour here.
    http://www.alphafoto.com/search.php?runID=82&sn=3019
  • Options
    Ian

I think they are last years photos and you have just stuck a cap on your head to change them - you are still smiling in them:-)))

Big improvement in position - well done.

DD
    nice to see you back running - achilles problems are a bugger to shift. I still do remedial exercises for mine two years on.

Returned to racing myself with the Harrogate 10K on Sunday after another 2 weeks off with strained knee ligaments caused by tiling my daughter's bathroom (don't ask!!!)

Bit of an Alpine course there as well and one which also passes my front door twice on its two lap route and I staggered home in 47:15 which was okish.

Now looking for a flat to bully:-))
  • Options
    flat 10K - not an apartment!!!
  • Options
    Thankyou Link fairy.
    Darlo may not be flat , but it's very soon and a good one, why not try that ?
    You are right in that the piccies look the same as last year's. It is even the same Buff that I'm wearing !
    It's cos they have the photographers in the same place, and I spotted them all this time, hence the daft smiles :-)
  • Options
    Darlo

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
  • Options
    go for it TS

Wish I was :)
  • Options
    DD come along and support

ooooooo thanks Northern Snail....will be great to see you both again...cant believe its been a year!

my race entry arrived this morning...suppose i should refine my training!

go on ts and ian...would banana cake sway you ;)
  • Options
    I'm already there, number 142, not missed darlo since I started doing it over 10 years ago.
    However, banana cake is always an added attraction :-)
  • Options
    I was nearly silly enough to enter Darlington online this morning, my finger was hovering over the enter button, but at the last minute I thought that it was probably not really a sensible idea at the moment.

I may go for a faster run tonight and, if that's ok, I may change my mind
  • Options
    Hi everybody

Glad to hear that most are fit and well.

Am pleased to say that I am back running again, only 4 miles at the minute, but the calf feels ok. Hurriedly crosses all extremeties for luck !!!!
    Am hoping for a comeback race in 3 weeks, doing the Wirral seaside run 5K. Strangely, this will be my first every 5K race, so a PB beckons
  • Options
    '00

Sorry NS couldn't resist
  • Options
    I've just had a faster pain free 5km run so I've had a change of heart and either bravely or stupidly (you choose) entered Darlington.

i may come last but I don't care if I do, I've not raced since february and I need the practice :-)
  • Options
    I'll let you off this time Baz.
  • Options
    ooooooooooooooo a full northern contingent at darlington :)

*looks to northern snail nicely.....*.are you sure its ok for a small princess nad her bear to visit for the night? i have a day owed from last year so taking it as a day off on saturday so no rushing like a loonie after work....will send you text northern snail x

did 5miler the toehr week...training been a bit hit/miss but i should do quite well and certainly cant be as slow as i was at nissan or leeds abbey dash.

• Options
    Is this thread for anyone or just regulars?

Ian.
  • Options
    Ian
    as you will see from the frequency of posts, there is no such thing as a regular here :-)
    So, welcome aboard, and are you coming to darlo ?
  • Options
    good evening all!

the banana cake is baked and has left the palace smelling divine! i just hope i have enough forumites to tuck in and eat it!

welcome ian runner to the northern social thread :) we have regular forumites but also welcome new peeps with open arms, coffee and cake!

how many of us are actually doing darlington? and do you mind if the deal is you have to wait for me to finish before you munch cake????

monty is undecided as to whether to race or just support-he will decide on the day dependent on weather conditions etc...

well all snuggled in bed-just about to finish harry potter and the goblet of fire before heading towards the new one....i told myself that i could only read the last one once i had refreshed myself with the previous books! ~looks forward to long train journey for plenty of reading time~

well harry time for me...should be on the order of the pheonix tomorrow!
  • Options
    No Im not doing the Darlo I dont drive which doesnt help. Im doing the Elswick Cup 5k next Wednesday which is in the Newcastle Exhibition Park, should be fast as its nice and flat. I have managed to get a place in the GNR so I am looking forward to doing that, never done it before. Good Luck for Darlo!

Ian.
  • Options
    Greetings IanRunner

Hi Baz - nice to see old habits die hard:-))

bench polisher reporting in:-))

Walking through the streets of London last week my knee completely locked up with considerable pain. Had to go to doc's - xray's etc and stern warnings not to do any weight bearing exercise until results back. Not that I wanted to do any anyway - too bl**dy sore.

Bit p*ssed off at the moment as I was looking for a good build up to GNR
  • Options
    TS - sorry to hear about your current problem. It does seem like one thing after another.

PPB- I shall of course wait for you, can't miss you this time !

Other Ian, I'd forgotten about the exhibition park race. I can run there from home, and I've never run a 5k before, so I may well turn up. Must check if they do entries on the day.
  • Options
    Ian, I thought you'd be running from home to the race on Sunday!

PPB, I'll probably run around with you - that is if you want company!

I managed 6.5km last night without too much pain and have no pain this morning at all so things are looking up at last :-)
  • Options
    Hello everyone. They do entries on the day but I think it is quite apopular race from what I have heard. I think the max is 350. Might be worth looking at last years results to see how many runners there were.

I could do with finding a 10k at the end of August to take place of the Nissan that was cancelled, as that should set me up nicely for the GNR.

Ian.