Options

skinny broomstick club 31st oct

Comments

• Options
    I got my mag today, It's already well thumbed and lying on my bed for night time reading. Well he is at the pub watching the footie ...
    No run tonight either, recovery run tomorrow, 10 mins on the treadmill on Sat, Sunday is the big day... FW half
  • Options
    Oh it knocks me out too Psi.. I feel really exhausted for a couple of days after.. I think it's because I'm only just on the limit weight-wise of giving blood and in the past, when I've been under the weight, I've still donated..(sssh!!!)
  • Options
    I feel jealous of all you subscribers now, might have to do so myself to get 12 issues of RW (and a shoddy watch ;) )
  • Options
    Well done EP

Got my silver pin before I had the jumpets and worked round the corner from main donation centre. I didn't really get a break between babies and have got out of the habit. I'll have to look into local donation centres. You've inspired me :-)
  • Options
    Its strange but I was the same last time I gave blood even though I'd given 8 times before. I really wanted to get up to 10 aswell :-(

Michelle - yes, I live in a dump called Hounslow and there are plenty of people still around when I run, just not the type of people you'd want around but I have little choice, I already have to get up at 6.15 a.m. I couldn't get up any earlier.

EP - we got our RW today, it looks really good, haven't had a chance to read it yet.
  • Options
    Got my RW today, very pleasant suprise. can't believe month has gone so quick
  • Options
    Got my RW today too! Gonna read it in bed later..
  • Options
    Sunday I am trying for a sub 2hrs...
    PB 2:15 .. wow.. been keeping that to myself ... (never want to say, fear of landing on ass)I will be running with my brother-in-law.. PB 1:41 GNR 2001. .. and he is real good at being supportive, I have upped my speed work and I am quite hopeful,she says :-).

Well done to everyone who gives blood... they say it is free, but believe me.. it is not.
    Susi, remind yourself.. you were out running, son was cycling, more than most ever does. the piece of s**t who shouted at you.. nothing....
  • Options
    DD

Go for it girl. I'm aiming for sub 2hrs next year and my 55min 10k has given me hope.

EP
    I'm allergic to plasters so always had a bandage on my arm that I slept in.
  • Options
    Pixie - I take the big pad thing off my arm as soon as I get home - That's about 20 minutes after giving blood!! I leave the little plaster thing on until the next morning though.. BTW I'm still getting RW emails..
  • Options
    Evening all
    How you all doing? Well I went and joined Slimming World tonight and I got a shock. I was heavier than I thought so make that 5 stone overweight!! Never mind I am determined this time.
    Missed getting a run today. Had felt good from the last two days good efforts so I suppose a rest day was in order. I was going to go out at lunchtime but my daughters rabbit died last night and I went to the pet shop at lunchtime to buy another one or get her a kitten. They didn't have either of them. She was so upset last night I just felt sorry for her. Oh did I mention daughter is 22! I know I must be mad.
    Congrats EP on giving blood. I would pass out at the sight of the needle so well done.
  • Options
    I always think that the little pin-prick test on the finger really, really hurts..alright, alright, I know I must be a bit of a wuss.. but don't you think it really stings..? No..? Oh, just me then..!!
  • Options
    EP Try the 9/1 idea. I managed a 5 miler 2 weeks ago doing that. The 1 min walk really does help. I managed up a hill I would normally have walked up but it was getting near the end of my 9 min run and I didn't want to spoil it. I will bedoing the same on Sunday as I want to try a 6 mile.
  • Options
    Speedy G - oh, go to your local Cats Protection League, they'll have lots of kittens needing good homes!!!
  • Options
    Michelle I agree, I hated that part, it stung :-(
  • Options
    If my mother in law doesn't get a shift on and get a house you can have her siamese SG, he's driving me mad.
  • Options
    JJ.. hope you get it, my 10k is 54 mins.. and I have only done 1 half before. Like I say 'hopeful' hehe
    EP, I tried the 9/1 thingy doing the Loch Ness marathon.. Sept, my first, as I had not managed a training run over 13.7 miles due to injury, I thought better of trying to run it. 17 miles before I really started to struggle.. and I mean struggle, but we shan't go there. Anyway, it is a great way to start, and it gave me a lot of confidence. Just dont ask me about after 17mile ;-)
  • Options
    Josie - oh glad it's not just me then!! BTW I've got two Siameses - they are absolutely barmy!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Michelle I think there is one near here. Mind you as she lives with her boyfriend he might not want one but I know she would love one.
  • Options
    MIL's siamese is very beautiful but mad as a hatter. I've had him since July and it was ok in the summer, but he doesn't get on with my cat and they keep taking chunks out of each other.
  • Options
    I got my two nutters from Siamese Rescue in April this year.. after my lovely dog, Ben died at Xmss. Anyway, they're about 8 years old - one's a Lilac Point Siamese and the other one is a Chocolate Point Balinese - both boys. They are loopy!! You have never heard noise like it..they constantly cry for no reason whatsoever.. I do love 'em though!!
  • Options
    I am going to take it seriously this time. I guess I have let the weight creep on. It was Sunday's bad run that was the final straw even though Tues and Wed was good - 40 mins both nights with only 1 1min walk each but it has made me realise that I can't possible run properly carrying all that extra weight. So lets make a pact we will stick with it. I'll help you and you help me. 2 weeks to Brighton so we could shed 4 lbs each by then.
  • Options
    Do you keep your siamese cats as house cats or do you allow them out. I know some people who keep their cats indoors all the time.