Options

MP3 Recommendation

Comments

• Options
    Well got my shiny new i-Bead 100 from advanced mp3 players on Monday. Looaded it up on Tuesday and ran it all day. Marvelous.Recharged the battery for 3 hours as instructed and then no icons. Phoned advanced who told me what to do as this had happened before. Followed their instructions and got the icons back. Tried to download the musuc files and nothing. Also realised that the player was now speaking Chinese. Phoned advanced again who started talking about cutting and pasting things which is when I gave up. They say they will update and combine the downloads on their website for me to try again.
    Not impressed by these guys. If they know thjese things happen why not do the upgrade before they send out the players or at least make it simple to use their upgrades. So far I have spent about 12 qud sending stuff back to them and still dont have a working player. BAH HUMBUG
  • Options
    just bought a 'i-river'(ifp-180T).

PLAYS mp3,WMA and ASF music files. 20 hrs playtime on 1 AA battery, built in FM Radio (record function)and Voice recorder.approx 4hours of music on WMA format and you can record from the FM tuner. so small i put it in the band of my hat,

highly recommended
  • Options
    How much was that Matt ?

I've got the Kiiro 128, and that's good, but these players are gonna get sooo much better over the next few years.
  • Options
    cougie,

£145.

but have just noticed them on e-bay.com in the USA for much less.
  • Options
    I got a Rio s35s at Christmas, battery life is great (10 hours +), size is great (strap it to your arm and off you go). I've expanded mine from 128MB to 256MB - 5hours of music which gives me 6/7 albumns.

Ear phones stay put even through extreme training.

If anyone else is after one, I've seen them on ebay.co.uk for about £150.
  • Options
    Matt
    What program do you have on your computer? I was quite interested in the i-River but on reading user reviews someone said they had to download new firmware for it to work on Windows XP and I never get anything to work after downloads so don't want to do that. Does anybody know anything about the Tuny 256Mb player on Advanced mp3's website? You dont need a computer to use it so if I don't get it to work through mine it's another option. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Gareth,

i have XP, I had to on to i-river wesite for further instuctions so i could obtain certain drivers to make it function but believe me if i can do it anybody can
  • Options
    I've been looking into MP3 players and like the look of the Nike Philipsb ACT210, however it's a bit pricey.

Amazon have a Nike-Philips ACT211 for nearly half the price but I can't find any info on it. Does anyone know anything about the ACT211?
  • Options
    Alex

Don't you mean the ACT200? (think it's the same as the ACT210 but with half the memory or chip or whatever they call it) : 64mb vs 128mb
  • Options
    Had a bit of an "I want an MP3" fest on saturday.

MuVo 64mb is now £60 in Currys and Comet.
    Nike/Phillips 64mb is now £80 in Argos and Toys R us.

Big Q is - are they really worth it or should I just get some headphones that don't fall off and a belt pack and take the CD player out wiht me instead? Had a mad dance aroud with it and it didn't skip so....?
  • Options
    Pigs etc,

Don't buy a 64MB would be my advice. They really are too small for sensible length recordings (~50minutes) - especially if you can't play WMAs. 128Mb should be your minimum. If you want a bargain, follow advice on good ebay offers.

Cheers

djb
  • Options
    Anybody tried / seen etc the MobiBlu DAH 900 as featured in the Jan edition of RW.
    For £109 this looks to offer a lot!
    Cannot find any consumer reviews anywhere though.
    Main focus is to have something really robust/portable that has a half decent sound
    and can stand 'intense' workouts (yeah, right!)
  • Options
    I bought a Mobiblu DAH900 from www.sporttek.co.uk. For the money you get everything, carrycase, remote control etc. The player is quite robust especially in its carrycase which gives it quite a bit of protection. The neat thing I like is it has large controls which are easy to manipulate whilst on the move! I looked at the Nike but it doesn't support WMA or have a radio which the DAH900 has. The headphones aren't bad but not ideal for running so I'm going to upgrade to some sport clip style ones.
  • Options
    Thanks Speedster
    I've spent the last few days intensely researching, having shortlisted down to DAH900 and the M_Any T-Mate Premium (also featured on www.sporttek.co.uk)
    Finally decided on the T-Mate (the 128mb version is available for £100 incl delivery + carry case etc from www.mp3players.co.uk).Fairly arbitrary decision in the end since they both serve the purpose.
    The consumer reviews were all positive.

Will feed back when I've tested it and give my thoughts on it to any others in the market.
  • Options
    Can I be really thick and ask what WMA is?

I fancied the MobiBlu DAH 900 when I saw it too.
  • Options
    I've got an IPOD and a Mvo 64mb. I use the IPOD on the train and the lighter size Mvo for running in. the 64mb capacity is not really a problem I find. I jsut update the content after each run from my MP3 bank on the PC. Just drag and drop so no issues doing it. I see no point in spending too much as it gets abused when running sweat, rain, mud etc can't do it any good.

Go for a cheapy and replace when it gets ruined. THe eay the technology is moving it will be outdated or leads cheaper soon
  • Options
    WMA is like a compressed MP3 - so you fit even more songs on. Only the newer players are compatible though.
  • Options
    I have bought the I-Bead for my boyf for xmas. Its soooo light and soooo small and holds loads of tracks.

It has 5 cd's on already and that has only taken half the memory.

It was £175.It comes with an arm band that you attach it to so thought it was ideal for running.

Hope he likes it! I have obviusly had a little play with it and I rekon its great!....

maybe i should keep it!!

• Options
    My boyfriend got me the ibead 150 for my bday and its awesome. No complaints from me yet, even the radio is good.
  • Options
    Anyone tried/bought one of the 128mb models they sell on eBay? They look quite small and light
    and seem to go for around £45 - 50.00
    I gather you need new headphones with most models - so it looks like a good buy..

• Options
    Yeah - I got one for about £40 - works very well ! I use it with my Phillips EarGear headphones, so not even tried the ones that it came with !
  • Options
    Thanks Cougie!

Saw your post regarding the Philips ear-gear headphones as well- Saw a pair of these on ebay for £4.99
    Looks like I'm set for about £50.00 - not bad for post-christmas shopping...
  • Options
    If anyone is tempted to go for the PIKAONE 128MB MP3 player.
    Don't.
    It's rubbish.

You get what you pay for.
  • Options
    I use my phone. It's a Nokia 3300 which doubles as an FM radio and MP3 player. The 64Mb card holds about 3 CD's worth of tracks in AAC format (more compact as better quality than MP3), the rechargable battery lasts hours and hours - (more hours than I could run for!!) It will take a 128Mb card, so I could run a marathon without hearing the same track twice.

The headset connects to a microphone for phone use. It has an 'auto-answer' mode when the headphones are connected.

I do a lot of solo running at night so I find it very useful to have a phone, just in case....

There's only two drawbacks
    - it's a bit bulky, but it does fit nicely into the rear bum pocket of my shorts/tights so I don't notice it
    - if anyone rings me up while I'm running, they think they've got through to some heavy breather!!!
  • Options
    I want to buy a MP3 player but don't want to spend more than £80, well the least possible. I don't want anything fancy, just something that will do the job. Anyone recommend anything?
  • Options
    Just received my MP3 player which I bought via eBay. It's brilliant! incredibly - size and weight of a disposable lighter, 128mb - enough for about 20 songs.

Sound quality is brilliant - Get some decent headphones and your done!

They seem to go for around £45 - 50.00
    I got mine as "buy it now" option for £48.00 from a UK supplier (most seem to send them from ShangHai or HongKong)

Right - I'm off for a run!

Just downloaded "Keep on Running " - Spencer David Band" :-)

- Maybe a new thread is called for -
    "Top 10 Running songs"

• Options
    If you change the Bit rate on the file you will be able to get more songs on and the quality in sound doesnt drop by an amount you would notice.