• Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Ahem...... ladies!  This is a swimming thread not a letching thread image
  • Options
    We're cross-training.

Ps. And men don't letch image
  • Options
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)
    I'm not going to tri club on Monday.  I've got another good excuse which Liverbird may just appreciate - I'm having my hair done earlier that evening!!! imageimage 

I moved my hair appointment from Wed to Fri last week to fit in around my training image

• Options

I should have know I wouldn't get much support on here for a hair do. image 

I've already moved it once - should have been last week but I forgot and they rang me up. What does chlorine do to highlights?  Will they turn green? image

• Options
    TBH Soupy, in your shoes, I would not even think about swimming after I had spent that money on a hair-do.  I only had a cut and blow-dry yesterday but there was no way I was having it done on Wed afternoon and then going out on the bike in the evening. 
  • Options
    I normally go to the hairdressers on my bike.  They look aghast when I put my helmet on after. image 
  • Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

I moved my hair appointment from Wed to Fri last week to fit in around my training image

*cough* image
  • Options

I've GOT to tell you this.....

(Pin back for ears for a me me me moment)image

I got complimented on my swimming today by a proper triathlete!image I'd been working quite hard in the gym and I decided to just see how long 20 lengths would take me. My arms were killing because I'd been doing weights but I completed it in 12.15 which I was chuffed to bits with. She said I have "very natural arms" and I'm quite fast! image I wasn't trying to be especially fast but I was delighted, especially as I haven't got a bloody clue what I'm doing! She gave me some drill ideas to try to improve my efficiency and I fully intend to keep going!

Never had to work so hard at anything. Really looking forward to getting some lessons once I change gyms because I'm actually ENJOYING learning something new!

A month ago I was doing everything I possibly could to avoid the pool - now I'm in it at every opportunity!

I smell permanently like a bloody bottle of domestos.image

• Options

Go LB.  Fantastic news.imageimage

LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    I smell permanently like a bloody bottle of domestos.image

If you have access to a steam room, nip in there for five mins after getting out of pool.  You will sweat most of it out of your pores.  The smell won't go completely, but it will deaden it.

• Options
    Gazmanmeister wrote (see)

*cough* image
    What? T'is 100% true.  Didn't wanna pay for hair cut and then go out for a bike ride, so moved it to Fri when I knew I was not gonna be doing anything. So ner image
  • Options

If you have access to a steam room, nip in there for five mins after getting out of pool.  You will sweat most of it out of your pores.  The smell won't go completely, but it will deaden it.

Ooh good tip Schmunks! I shall do that! image
  • Options
    Great going LB.....so nice when someone tells you you are doing well, expecially if you think you aren't.  image Keep at it. image
  • Options
    Thanks Saffers! Its impossible to know what you really look like above the water isn't it? I'm just buoyed up by knowing that I'm at least on the right lines trying to blag it! The gym overlooks the pool so she saw me from above! I wish I could see myself!image
  • Options

Congratulations LB - you are doing great and are obviously a natural swimmer. Well done. image

• Options

Having denounced my local tri club for not answering my first email, I sent a follow-up email to which  coach has just responded telling me to come along so Thursday night my butt (and the rest of me) will be going along to find what they are all about.

Ps. Am I the only one that likes the smell of chlorine and bleach? Yes, thought so. Admittedly not so good when it seeps out your pores though. 

• Options

Well done LB,  great improvement.

100 squids for highlights?   image

I had a haircut and blonde highlights last week for 28 Euros. I never have to pay more than 40 even for a cut and full colour plus highlights.

• Options
    UIW - you wouldn't get a sniff of hair colourant at our hairdressers for £100. A cut and blow is £50!image
  • Options
    Little Ninja wrote (see)

Ps. Am I the only one that likes the smell of chlorine and bleach? Yes, thought so. Admittedly not so good when it seeps out your pores though. 

LN - I used to be HIDEOUSLY allergic to chlorine as a kid. My skin would look like it had been burnt! IN the 11 years I had between almost drowning at age 10 and 21 when I first stepped back into a pool, I had outgrown it!

I just have other multiple allergies now instead. Lucky me....image

• Options
    LB - daylight robbery! My hairdressers has a booming business, located in a food store like Tesco they are open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday, have a large team of stylists working different shifts, customers simply show up, take a number and if there's a few ahead of you, go do your grocery shopping and come back. Works great, cheap prices because they get loads of customers, and if you want a particular stylist you just find out which shift she's on and go then.
  • Options
    Little Ninja wrote (see)
    PS. Am I the only one that likes the smell of chlorine and bleach? Yes, thought so. Admittedly not so good when it seeps out your pores though. 
    My cat goes beserk if she smells chlorine or bleach on me.  She bites my hand and gets all frenzied.  Then she realises what she has done and then licks my hand better.  Then she repeats it all over again.  If she manages to get hold of my cossie, she will run round the house with it in her mouth and gets really hyper.  She will also lay on her back wtih it in her mouth and somehow kick it with her backs legs. image
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    UIW - you wouldn't get a sniff of hair colourant at our hairdressers for £100. A cut and blow

If you think that's expensive, LB - I'll have to introduce you to my ex-schoolmate, Laura. She charges £75 now for a wet cut, add an extra 20 if you want it dried and finished and her highlights cost £150 for a half head, and £300 for a full head. Ditto lowlights. 
    She doesn't need the money - she's the typical Daddy's Spoilt Little Rich Girl. She got a Mazarati for her 18th, FFS!  Her parents bought her the salon as a 'toy' really. A friend of my sister's used to rent a chair there, but Laura's mother (Bitch Queen from Hades) decided to increase her rent to £1,000 PER WEEK!! No, the building rent hadn't increased, SLRG's mum just got greedy! 
    As for swimming (to bring this back on topic) I used to be good - I was an Otter when I were a lass (Otters was the county junior swim team). Then I didn't swim for ages and, when I decided to go back to it I found I'd developed allergic conjunctivitis from the chlorine (didn't matter how good my goggles were, if the slightest bit of water seeped underneath I ended up looking like an extra from a Hammer Horror film!) so I'll NEVER be doing a triathlon (a duathlon may not be out of the question one day - HOPEFULLY before I hit the Big 4-0 (2014). 
  • Options

I get to the big 4-0 before you Belladonna.image Slap bang in the middle of the Olympics! I'm hoping people will be too busy watching Usain Bolt to notice....image

That girl sounds a proper piece of work! I'm very particular about who cuts my hair, but no WAY am I paying £300 for it! image We have a similar situation round here with daddy's girls. Where I live there is an awful lot of "keeping up with the Joneses" that goes on and their latest flashy "I'm richer than YOU" trick is to buy their kids stupidly expensive brand new cars for their 18th birthdays and put huge bows on them so that all the neighbours can see their little darlings swanning around in them.

Youngest Miss LB (aged 9 and a half no less) has observed this practice and commented that your first car should be "something you can crash that your mum won't shout at you for"image

• Options
    I was going to swim today but after coming off my bike yesterday, both my arms are aching like hell!  I may just give it a miss and pop along tomorrow..... image
  • Options

hope you're ok Saffers, I bottled out of the swim again today. have only swam once in three weeks now but I have a resonable excuse - I lost my Mother in Law on March 26th so haven't really been in the right frame of mind to exercise at all.

getting back into it now though image

• Options
    So sorry to hear that DD.......it must be an awful time for you and your family.  I lost my Dad in September just gone and still feels like yesterday......hard times but you will battle through them.   I struggled to get back into any form of exercise for a while but then it helped me cope and cleared my head when I needed it most.
  • Options

Thanks Saffers,

I am going back to the pool before work in the morning

• Options
    Little Ninja wrote (see)

ETA - Angelic - Thanks very much for the reminder there's articles on Triathlon Europe, not TW image  TE is an excellent magazine but I'd forgotten about the site. 

Oops - wrong mag image

On the subject of hair... I paid £35 for cut and colour two weeks ago, and a wet cut costs me £5. Bargain! My hairdresser is a mobile one and she's great. Far less expensive than the fancy salons in town. image

• Options
    <preens self in front of mirror admiring new hair cut> image
  • Options
  • Options
    Oops forgot. *wolf whistles appropriately*