Options

Cr@p Swimmers R Us

Comments

• Options
    its rrp was 120 .. she is asking for 70
  • Options
    Hmmm - if its only been worn twice that doesnt sound too bad but you don't know if its been used more (or if she peed in it!).  If you hired one for the season it would cost you £70 plus postage so if you look at it that way you are quids in. 
  • Options

thats what i htought too.. it had a best offer option so put in £60.. will see what she says and if not i'll just buy it!

for OW training does anyone use the serpentine? There is one much closer to me but you need to have BTF membership to swim there.. 

• Options
    I've never been to the Serpentine but I don't mind going with you one day if you want a bit of company.  When are you thinking of? 
  • Options
    I just need help learning to swim in OW! THat might be great actually to have someone with experience swimming in it.  Not sure when yet but over the next month maybe
  • Options
    Fine just let me know on here or pm me.  I'm no expert but happy to help. 
  • Options

I got an Orca one from Wiggle for £100. I thought at least I know it's history and it seems fine. Lots of the girls had the same one at OW session I went to.

I've also just bought a Pool-Mate watch I don't know if anyone has got one and what they think. THe reviews were OK. It seems to work whne I'm swinging my arms around. If you don't know what I'm talking about it counts lap, distance, speed without touching it other than to press start.

• Options
    * waits for Soup's race report *
  • Options
    Orange 5 wrote (see)

I've also just bought a Pool-Mate watch I don't know if anyone has got one and what they think. THe reviews were OK. It seems to work whne I'm swinging my arms around. If you don't know what I'm talking about it counts lap, distance, speed without touching it other than to press start.

image I got one as well O5. Once you set your details (i.e pool length, which arm your wearing it on etc) it works very well. Counts lengths, meters, ave stroke, how efficient you are. Great bit of kit for the pool as when Im doing longer sessions I dont now have to worry about counting lengths.

Only thing I would say is that you need a small glide when you push of the wall so it kind of registers a new length.

• Options

I came 1st in my age category and won a £50 voucher for Tri and Run!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimage

Race report to follow - got to have a beer first.  I don't know if I was the only one in my age group but I don't care.  I've never got a prize before. image

• Options
    Congrats Soup!! You can't have been the only one in your age group imageimage What are we going to spend the money on then?
  • Options

That's fab news Soup. image.  Was it sans wettie?

Guess I am gonna have to put some lead weights in your wettie next Sat image

• Options
    Brilliant work Soupy image

awaits report image
  • Options

Thanks everybody.  Heres my race report:

Registration:  Met Saffers then tootled off to the registration tent.  Found out wetties allowed yippee.  Got my numbers and started to put the stickers on my bike but then couldn't find my helmet.  Emptied my bag and it wasn't there at which point cos it was windy all my numbers and swim hat and things started blowing away and people were chasing after them.  Then a lady on the registration desk told me I'd left my helmet on her desk so everything was okay. Phew.

Swim:  Water was a bit choppy with the wind but I stayed at the back and did a combination of breast stroke and front crawl.  fc is starting to feel easier in OW but I didn't want to get too tired or go way off course (did a bit) so stuck to a bit of each.  Got stuck behind 2 really slow people so had to swim wide to get away from them but they then picked up their pace and passed me as I was trying to swim round them grrrrr.   But not last out of the water in 21mins. Edit  - did I say it was 800m?

Bike:  30k with 6 laps of Dorney lake.  It was flippin windy on the way up the lake and round the end but coming back the other way was fun.  Dr Nic Twinks past me and said hi.  Then she lapped me again.  I kept an even pace up of 16.5mph so pleased with that but didn't dare have a drink cos I'd practiced on Friday and kept dropping the bottle.  I was parched by the time I got to T2 and somebody had nicked my Poweraid.  My bike bottle was filled with the stuff thank goodness. Finished bike in 1:09.

Run: Run was brutal.  Very hot by then and my legs didn't want to go.  Walked at the water stations and the turn point then gave myself a good talking to carry on running.  3 laps.  53mins for 7k so not brilliant but sort of what I'd expected

Finish: I was yelled at to turn my number round then a lady called me over to one side.  I thought I'd been disqualified or something and thought I'd not counted the bike laps right.  But she told me I was first in my age group and gave me an envelope saying 1st Prize on it!!!  Saffers caught the moment on camera.

Thank to Saffers and her hubby for being there.  Thanks to everyone on this thread for giving me a good virtual slap yesterday.

• Options
    Brilliant. Enjoy the refuelling image

I dropped my bottle on my ride yesterday and two cars coming both ways saw me drop the bottle and stopped, as then did the 10 or so cars behind them. imageimage
  • Options

Excellent Soupy! Now then, see, told you you can do it.

The jump from that to IM is only a little hop!

• Options

Official results are up.  I came 12th from last.  I was the only female in my age group and the oldest woman there!!!  But a kill is a kill.

That little hop is suddenly feeling like a big leap Wolfie. image

• Options
    So it was a good strategy then Soup image You still beat 11 other people.
  • Options
    I beat 11 other younger people LN. image 
  • Options
    Soup -  get used to it, there just aren't many older women vets out there. Even in IM there's only 2 of us in my AG! Most races there's only me. You can only race those who show up - and you did, you beat 12 younger peeps!
  • Options

You did great today Soupy and it was bliddy hot hot hot!   Fantastic seeing you get out the water and glance behind, then shouting.......I'm not last out.....LOL....I bet those still in appreciated thatimage That must have given you a real blast!  Well done, you raced well and that bike seemed consistant to me watching you go by.

I shall sort out the pics and post them on FB tomorrow probably.  Enjoy that well deserved beer. image

• Options

LOL Classic comment from Soup.

Soup Dragon wrote (see)
    I beat 11 other younger people LN. image 
    Is that game on? image
  • Options
    Oh and PS.....no way did you look the oldest lady there! image
  • Options
    Saffers wrote (see)

Fantastic seeing you get out the water and glance behind, then shouting.......I'm not last out.....LOL....I bet those still in appreciated thatimage 

Ooops! image   image

Thanks for being there Saffers.  I really appreciated it.

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed the day Soup, a great venue for spectators for sure and I may do one there next year. image  Still gutted that I wasn't racing though.....bliddy injury.image
  • Options
    Fantastic Soup - well done. imageimageimage
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭

That's brilliant, Soupy.  I'm very pleased image

<kicks soupy out of the thread for being too good image >

• Options

Awesome win. image

Have you though about going Pro?   image

meface

• Options

fantastic soup!!! well done.. will look forward to having you help me in hyde park!!!

tempted to just buy the one off wiggle! like you say at least hten you know where its come from ! 

• Options
    I'm guessing at how old you must be and no way do you like like that from your photos. What's your secret?

EDIT: That was directed at Soupy