Options

PROVISIONAL Helphire Bath Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gang...
    Got My race pack on Friday.
    I a bit envious of you lot training. I have dropped off the wagon for the last two weeks owing to a Family berievement and a pathetic cold that turned into a chest infectiom! - Oh How I hate daytime TV!
    R.D...
    Glad to see your over and above your schedule for this one and yes I reckon you should be under your goal.
    LLL...
    If I could run as fast as you I would be a very happy man. (How's the Rugby Going?
    My daughter just got a medal in the County Swimming Championships).
    Stace.
  • Options
    WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    I have just pulled out of next weeks Bramley 10 as my hamstring is starting to protest once more. I am booked in for some treatment through the week so hopefully can still make Bath, but I will probably revise my time.
  • Options
    wrinty-good luck with the treatment, hope it does the trick.
  • Options
    Training going very slowly at the moment. Managed 45 mins on Friday nonstop and am really wondering how I ever managed to do 12 halves last year and do the fastest one in just over 1.53 :(

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Sometimes running is like that musketeer. Keep at it I'm sure you'll pick up again soon!

Good luck Wrinty with your treatment. Hope it sorts out the problem with your hamstring.

This time of year isn't good for muscles I believe as it's hard to warm them up adequately before forcing them to run.

Happy running all:o)
  • Options
    woah, what a lot of familiar faces!

I'm also intending to do this one, but it'll be a miracle if I finish. I was originally aiming for 1:50 at Bath, but given illness/lack of training over the past six months, and the fact that my first run for 7 weeks (and my 4th run since August) was Canterbury 10 in 1:51, almost 25 mins slower than the previous year, I'll be happy to do this in under 2:20...

Birdypie, I'm going down on the Saturday to stay with a friend nr Bristol, but will be driving back to Greenwich on Sunday if you need a lift. Similarly, Ratcatcher, if you need a lift back to London, let me know. I note that there are no showers, so the car'll be a bit whiffy but never mind.

Are there any plans for meeting up post-race?

Birdy Pie
    Blisters (2107)(1:25)
    Blond Dog
    Bodjit
    Chaos
    Essy (1:58)
    Glugg (Race No.2822)(hoping to do 85mins)
    Grubbysoles (2:05)
    Head Gone (Hope to finish this year)(1540) 2:30
    Hilly
    iPlod (2880) 1:50 - 1:55
    Josie Jump (sub 2hr attempt)
    Josie's big little bro (first half)
    Josie's little little bro (first half)
    LLL-(1:24)
    Mitten - (1:50:00ish!!)
    Monkfish (first half)
    Mr J (first half)
    Musketeer (4173)
    Oft (89:59)
    Pablo Honey (1st sub 2hr attempt)
    Pompey Jon (1:59.59)
    Pompey Jon's Bruv (1:59.58 probably)
    Raggy (sub 1.45)
    Ratcatcher (1:30)
    Rocks 2093 (1:25)
    RogerDodge 4222 (2:30-2:40)
    Skipp (first half)
    Snail (2:20-2:30)
    Spans
    Stace. 1033 (sub 1:50) I hope!
    Tea & Toast Man (1:42-1:45)
    The Doc (Race No 516)
    The Ed (Race No 1077)
    Tixylix (Race No. 1495)
    Toucan
    Wrinty (669)(1:23)
    Zoom (AKA Zzz) (Race no.2020)(first half)(2:00-2:15)
  • Options
    I better add myself to the list then!

Birdy Pie
    Blond Dog
    Bodjit
    Chaos
    Hilly
    Monkfish (first half)
    Mr J (first half)
    Musketeer (4173)
    Raggy (sub 1.45)
    Skipp (first half)
    Spans
    The Doc (Race No 516)
    The Ed (Race No 1077)
    Tixylix (Race No. 1495)
    Toucan
    WhichWayNow 1:30ish I hope!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi Snail, I've not seen you on the forum for a while. Sorry to read you've been unwell! I'm sure you're times will come back pretty soon!
  • Options
    Hi Snail

Good to hear you are joining us. I think one of my mates has already sorted us out with train tickets. We are getting to Bath for lunch on Saturday - to watch the 6 nations rugby (could be dangerous)

I am staying til Monday as I fancied afew large beers after the race so making a long weekend of it.

We did have a boozer discussion on here a while ago but I can't remember what we decided? Can anyone refresh my memory?
  • Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭
    I'll add myself too: Was looking to do my first sub 2 hr but lack of training etc I'd settle for 2.15 or under (may revise if I manage to get rid of this cold!).

Birdy Pie
    Blond Dog
    Bodjit
    Chaos
    Chynah (sub 2.15)
    Hilly
    Monkfish (first half)
    Mr J (first half)
    Musketeer (4173)
    Raggy (sub 1.45)
    Skipp (first half)
    Spans
    The Doc (Race No 516)
    The Ed (Race No 1077)
    Tixylix (Race No. 1495)
    Toucan
    WhichWayNow 1:30ish I hope!

• Options
    Cheers Hilly! I guess if I do some training, they might! :-) Boyfriend got called up by TA last June, posted to Iraq, so my mind's been elsewhere and then got ill too, so running went out the window. But as boyf's due back at end April, I need to get fit fast...

Birdypie, if you or anyone else remembers, let me know. You know there's a GP social this weekend?

• Options
    Oh I'll have to go and have a quick lurk Snail! I am out at the rugby on Saturday though so might count me out of any further activities.

The post race bar that has been suggested is Lambretta's http://www.lambrettas.co.uk/

don't know it but it sounds good to me!
  • Options
    ...I do want to go back to the Salamander at some point on Sunday evening though - very nice beer in there!
  • Options
    The Star is good for Abbey Ales Bellringer.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Snail, glad you're bf is ok and coming home soon! My sister's hubby and her son were out there for a long time too. A difficult time for those with loved ones in the forces!

Some training will do you good:o)
  • Options
    Musketeer...
    Where's the Star?
  • Options
    Scuse me for interupting,

Star Inn,
    23 The Vineyards,
    Bath.

www.star-inn-bath.co.uk

Classic pub.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Hi glugg! Is the star near the finish line(I don't want far to stagger before and after my drinking!!) Did you see my bit about bread of heaven?

• Options
    Hello Zoom.
    Going by my (bad) memory The Star is about 10-15 min walk from the finish but it is well worth the effort. 250 year old pub, beer straight from the barrel, too good to miss. Bread of heaven, one of Brains breweries finest! good excuse to do the Cardiff half again.
  • Options
    I partook in a few pints of the amber nectar after valentines 10k in cardiff. Very nice afternoon it was too watching our boys win, after my 59min 10k (pb by 7mins)

Was planning on doing cardiff half but got talked into going into ballott for gnr, and both my mate and I got in! Whats the beer in newcastle (other than newcastle ale of course!)
  • Options
    Am suprised that there are still places available for this. Thought the extra places would have gone really quickly.
  • Options
    WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    Back from a week in London to find my race number waiting for me complete with the infamous dag timing chip. I just hope that this year it captures my time as I pass under the gantry - especially after the tough time I am having in getting fit for this event.
  • Options
    Wrinty...
    as the great Roy Castle uttered... !Positivity and Dedications's what you need!"???
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I've not had my number yet, but as I was in the late entry batch I don't expect I'll get it for a while.
  • Options
    It's just been announced that 'Beyonce' is the 'love-child' of the late Roy Castle.

Her spokesman said that she was "OK" about it, but had decided not to take his surname :-)

RD
  • Options
    WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    RD, Have you been taking a few too many supplements?
  • Options
    Any runners from the Gloucester area?
  • Options
    R.D...
    Now Your sure that it said CODINE on the packet arn't you?
  • Options
    Which Way Now? I'm from Gloucester, it sounds like you're scrounging a lift!

Am I right?