Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    oh defiantely! the more expensive ones are prob a lot better but until i'm sure it makes the diffrence i'm not investing in anyhting more.. picked these up for £20 on ebay so fingers crossed!
  • Options

Evening, whatr a day.  Run this morning, quick shower, dress, porridge, out the door to Chiro and I've been at w*rk all afternoon and only just got in now.  Had hoped to do a roast chicken with all the trimmings, but have to be out again at 7pm to meet up with granddaughter.  We are gong to OH's aunt's flat (the one who died last month) to see what there is for GD to scavange for her flat. 

She's got this flat she's had now since before Christmas, but hasn't even got a knife and fork, so has been staying at her boyfriend's.

Could do without having to go out again, but will get everything prepared and cook dinner after.

Don't know about being a saint Diana, just seems to go with the territory really.  AND, after being denied access for 11 months last year we make sure we make the most of every minute we get to see them.  WE never know when DiL from Hell will have another "funny turn" and stop us from seeing them again. We're of use to her at the moment as she has no one else to look after them apart from the 4 older girls, who at 20, 19, 18 and 17 have lives of their own and make sure it's known that they don't want to babysit.

• Options

Evening.

Mr D was held up at work so it was dark by the time he got home - the plod will have to wait til tomorrow. A few too many dark corners and the woods to run past so not my cup of tea in the dark. Still, have had another meeting with Davina so all was not lost - those flipping press ups though!!

Cinders, I'm starting to wish I had a dreadmill like you....wonder if I can persuade Mr D??!?

• Options

I'd love to have a dreadmill, but just don't have room for one in our flat. Like you Delia, it's all a bit dodgy running the streets of Brighton alone at night.  Mr L would throw 40 fits if I said I was going out for a run in the dark. As it is, if I go for a run and it's getting dark on the way back he starts worrying.

Think I will have to get that Davina DVD though.  Would be good to be able to do something indoors if I can't get out.

• Options
    I want the snow to go so that I can run image
  • Options

Delia, its going to have to be a dreadmill or a babyjogger if you fancy a plod!!!!  Sure Mr D will understand image

Sending some warm up to Tracey to melt her snow.

• Options

Cinders - thank you. I hope it works.

I use to go swimming when Andre went playgroup. So you only have 18 months Cinders before you can do that image

• Options

cooeee

pants day today morning sickness wise - sick twice image

spent most of today looking busy doing nothing - bad, bad KP

• Options
    Cinders  -  do you find the treddie takes up a lot of room?  Do you mind me asking where you use yours. is it a spare room or a garage job?
  • Options

Evening

((((KP)))) not long now image

Lyndy - you didn't say how you got on at the chiro!

Got a stinking rotten cold image

• Options
    You ok Roobs?  Looking forward to seeing you this weekend xxx
  • Options

Hope you weren't contagious at the weekend Roobs.  At least you've got it early in the week to be okay by the weekend.  You can't miss your Edinburgh trip.

Hmm, Chiro, I forgot.  Well, she gave me a lovely massage, found a couple of bits to crack in my back, then found some BIG knots in my bum so proceeded to put in even more needles than last time.  It all felt great when I left, but my bum cheek really hurts now and is getting really tight.  Don't know whether it's from the run, the needles or both.  She did say I should do some good stretches and ice well, neither of which I've done yet as we've only just sat down after dinner.  Will go and get the ice pack now.  Oh, suppose I should stretch first while the muscles are warm, then ice.

Do you belong to a gym Cinders?  I used to belong to the local David Lloyd and they had a nursery attached which also had a creche for members.  I used to put the 2 little grandkids in the creche so that I could get a workout and then collect them and take them in the pool for a swim.  Unfortunately gave up the membership a couple of years ago as it had gone up to something stupid and I just wasn't using it.

Hmm - wonder how much it is now.  They might have brought the prices down, what with the credit crunch and everything.  They have to do something to keep their members don't they?????  Might take a wander down there tomorrow and find out.

Oh and Tracey, no snow here.  Had all but gone by yesterday evening.image

• Options

No, not a gym member Lyndy, gave it up when preggie!

KP, will take piccie of treddie tomorrow and mail, it fold flat so takes up next to no space. Its in my living room and we put the high chair up against it and I get down when little C gone to bed etc.

Not long now KP, bet you can't wait.

• Options

I had a nose at the i-runs on t'internet Cinders. Mr D's response was short but sweet. Mentioned something about cars and choices and going back to work...I tuned out!! I'll listen when he says what i want to hear! Mind you, it'll be Spring soon (it will, it will!) and then I can work on him til next winter! image

Dumpling was a little monkey today and just would not go to sleep. Bath time was a bit late though so I guess it was our fault as he might have got himself over tired. Still, he finally went to sleep about an hour ago. Time for a glass of wine I think!

Lyndy, make sure you don't get the same Davina DVD I have - it's pre and post pregnancy workout! You need her newest one, it's brill (but was a bit hard for me to do at first so I'm back to the new mummy one for now!)!

KP, fingers crossed that tomorrow is a better day for you. I probably have already mentioned this, but a friend of mine is Greek and she said that their theory is that a mum to be who is poorly throughout their pregnancy and who doesn't feel and/or look her best is having a girl as she needs to borrow her mummy's beauty 'til she's born.....maybe Bert's a Bertina???

• Options

A knotty bum?  Oh my.  No dignity in running is there?  LOL

Thanks Cinders.  That sounds good.  Saw the I-Run on argos for a not bad price.  Mr Kp thinks I won't use it.  I think it would be good to have.  Even if I had it now I could use it for brisk walking.  It's a lot of money but I pay £20 pm for a gym that I never use so after a wee while it would pay for itself...  hmm... 

• Options
    Delia - funny you should say that, everyone here says boys are trouble and that's why I feel so bad.  HA HA HA.  I am totally convinced it's a boy.  Totally don't mind but will be so funny if it's a girl.  Mr KP is admant it's a girl as none of the guys in work have sons.  ?  Man logic.  Funnily enough we have a girls name but not a boys...
  • Options
    Definitely no dignity in running KP - nor in having children, as you'll soon see image 
  • Options
    KP - we had girls manes but not boys - even though I was convinced I was having a boy. We simply couldn't agree on boys names. In the end, we both wrote out a list of our favourite names and worked down until we found something we could agree on. Slugboy is soooooooo lucky not to have been called Eleanor!
  • Options

Oh Well...

Cant get into work today.....so as im owed hours and hours and was going to have a half day anyway....ive come home....feel like im bunking off!!

• Options
    Sounds like a good move, Dave!
  • Options

tracey! i know how you feel!! too much snow here too for running still.. braving the roads and going up to my gym after work for a plod! gotta get to bath tomorrow though.. thats goign to be a fun drive!

Did my dance class last night.  what a fantastic workout! 

• Options

Good move Dave.

Lol KP, we only had girls names lined up.  We burst out laughing when the midwife asked what we were calling our new boy! 

• Options

Morning everyone.  No more snow here, just rain, rain, rain. 

Have got Ellie here today and need to get to Asda.  We're supposed to be going up to mum's in Peterborough tomorrow, and I always do a load of batch cooking for her to put in her freezer.  She's phoned this morning to say she's got 5 inches of snow and doesn't suppose we will be going.  Will have to wait and see what the weather forecast says, BUT, I still need to get the cooking done as I won't have time tomorrow before we go. Suppose I'll just have to freeze it here, take it up frozen and hope we don't get stuck in a traffic jam on the way so the whole lot defrosts.

Oh well, better see what Ellie is up to, she's being very quiet .................................

• Options

Lyndy - things are not good up here at the moment road wise.  Don't know what route you take but I can't get over the M1 at junction 15 (Northampton)

In fact my alternative route is also closed so I am stuck at home when I really need to go in to get sorted for a meeting in the morning.  Am going to make the best of it though and put my trail shoes on.

• Options

Not good when they go quiet Lyndy.  Walked in on a quiet Thomas to find he'd had an "accident" on the floor and was about to play with it!!!! image

No snow at all here, lovely and sunny, its very bizarre!

• Options

Haven't managed to run since Sunday, what with snow, and work & helping daughter get ready for her interview. She and OH are in Exeter today, and luckily there's not really much snow along the south coast between here and Exeter. I was meant to go to Solihull today, but luckily it was postponed, as I think I would have struggled to get there. Will try a plod at lunchtime.

Well done Delia on getting your work-outs done. I don't really like running after dark on my own, which is a lot of the reason I joined the running club.

Get well soon, roobs, ready for yet more partying! I'm amazed at the wine that was consumed last week-end - I would have been on my hands and knees!!

Get well vibes for Diana too.

Glad the presentation went well, KP, but sorry you're feeing so sick again/still. Hope you feel fine for the party.

• Options
    No gyms near us either, and I don't think I would use it enough to warrant the cost. There are times when I would love to have the option to hop on a treddie though. I know exactly what OH would say if I suggested one though!
  • Options

Miserbale day here.  My back's killing me too - just taken some Nurofen but they're not touching the pain.  Can't remember doing anything in particular but did a lot of floor scrubbing / painting / waxing wooden worktops on my day off on Tuesday.  Supposed to be doing 6 miles later according to schedule. image

The last exercise video I followed was a callenetics one back in the 80s.  I've also got a Jane Fonda one which I'm keeping for a laugh - all big hair, tight leotards and leg warmers.

• Options
    LTS dont go running at all if your back is hurting.. have a warm bath and put some heat up against it if you can.. (((((())))))
  • Options
    It is raining here again ice is melting but very slowly. Might go out for a little plod later. I will not even mind getting wet.