Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options

Thats good going Tracey, well done image, know exactly what you mean bout the head wind, bored with weather recently  image. You get the snow and ice, then the rain, which not too bad, then the rain stops and get Gail force winds image. Would be nice just to do a run thats not slippy or windy image

• Options

Evening all image

Stomach permitting, I may do a little run tomorrow lunchtime image Just to see how I get on image

Well done everyone on their runs image

• Options

Evening Roobarb, hope you manage to get a little run in image

• Options
    Good to see you're feeling a little better Roobs.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed Roobs
  • Options

Hope you get that run in Roobs image  Fingers crossed for you.

Well done on the 15 miles Tracey.

Anyone on here doing Brighton Half on the 17th.  I had hoped to do it but am now donning my Volunteer's had again and will be handing out medals.  So if you are running it look out for me at the finish line image  And apparently all of us voluteers will be donning out hats this year because they are giving us all a red "marshals" hat so we can be recognised in the crowds image

Today I have a new house guest arriving.  His bed is ready and waiting and some new toys.  He will be staying with me for just over two weeks.  His name is Bones and he's the biggest, hairest, German Shepherd dog you ever did see!!  His daddy (my grandson, Jay) is off on holiday for two weeks with his mum, step-dad and brother and sisters so grandma is on dog walking duties.  AND  I'm really looking forward to it.  So, there won't be any running done by me for the next couple of weeks, but there will be lots of long walks image

• Options
    Lyndy - that is if Bones doesn't take you for a runimage

Roobs - let me know if you want to go club but not running as I might go there for a drink image
  • Options

He's big enough to ride on Tracey!!!!  In fact, the kids do sometimes when they're playing with them image

The only problem I'm really going to have is that when Jay's away Bones won't eat so you have to sit with him all the time until he's finished his food.  the kids stayed last weekend so I've got Jay's pyjamas and put them inside the bed that I've bought for Bones so that Bones can smell him. Hopefully it will help him to settle in as it's the first time he's stayed here.

Worse than having a baby stay image

• Options

No run image

Sorry Tracey - only just seen your post. I'm really tired so I'm having an early night - on my way to bed now.

• Options
    Happy dog sitting Tracey. Sorry you're still not feeling well Roobs. I'll be at Brighton Lindi, so hope to say Hi. Not running but supporting daughter - it will be her first ever race!
  • Options
    Sorry, meant happy dog sitting Lyndy. Unless you've got a dog as well Tracey.
  • Options

Probably see you there then LTS.  How does your daughter feel about her first race.  I remember I was terrified, but then I always am before a race.  Well, not terrified, but apprehensive.  It's as much as I can do to get any food inside me on race morning because I'm choking with every mouthfulimage

• Options

Just so you know - this is "The Hound", otherwise known as Bones

/members/images/9051/Gallery/Bones.jpg

Back is killing me right now, not used to walking in welliesimage

Had a lovely walk around the park this morning and had driven there because I had to take Ellie to school first, so it was just a quick jump into the car and a short drive home once he'd had enough.  This afternoon we walked right across the park around the back of the caravan site (Sheepcote Tracey) and I was going to carry on the Sheepcote Valley but all of a sudden he decided he'd had enough and he was off.  He's really good and will come back when he's called, but for safety's sake I put him on his lead well before we got back to the main road.  He's obviously NOT been taught to walk to heel!!!!!

Need to build up on HIS stamina so I can get the lovely long walks in I'd mentally planned image

• Options

That poor dog will go back a shadow of his former self Lyndy lolimage

• Options

Done our early morning walk this morning and it was gorgeous.  Just because I didn't have my phone with me there was a lovely view of East Brighton bathed in sunshine.  Must remember to always have it with me. I usually do, just in case anything happens!

Anyway, 1.05 done this morning.  Really do need to get this dog up to three miles though but I suppose a mile three times a day is a start. As there were no other dogs around for Bones to play with we were able to really stride it out, well I was, so it was at quite a brisk pace.

He's actually started to walk better on the lead too.  A couple of quick yanks of the lead soon slows him down, but he's always so keen to get home.  Not like the German Shepherd I used to have.  I could walk all day with him and he'd still want more image

Now eating my porridge with the dog out for the count in the hallway image

• Options
    Lyndy - I bet Bones is enjoying his holiday.

Got a call from Brighton campsite saying that owe service pitch is unavailable due to rebuilding a new shower block. We could cancel or have a standard pitch. No choice really as I'm doing Brighton Marathon.

Think this will be my last Spring marathon unless I get into London next year.
  • Options

Well, that's another 1.7 miles done this afternoon.  Think Bones is getting used to this walking mularkey image Oh, and no pulling on the lead now on the way home image

If you can't have your usual pitch, presumably they've offered you one with no facilities image  You can't be doing with that with Andre to think about image

• Options
    Bernard will be collecting and emptying the water Lyndyimage

Hopefully new shower block will have more shower as the new blocks on other campsites have more.
  • Options
    Bones looks a great dog. Daughter doesn't realise what she has let herself in for but she'll get round. She's got up to 10 miles but hasn't done more than a couple of miles for a few weeks because she has been on holiday in Egypt. She's only 25 though and will adopt a run/walk probably.
  • Options
    LTS - run/walk/crawl
  • Options

Hello all

Lyndy - great that you are out there with Bonesimage

Tracey - hope the new pitch is suitable

LTS - Oh to be 25 again!

Still no running for me...may try a short run at the weekendimage

• Options

Morning

Not much of a walk this morning image  Bones did what he needed to to and headed for home. There was no keeping him out there today.  Perhaps the frost on the ground was too cold for his great big feet image  Mind you, the distances he walked yesterday have probably knackered him, so I suppose I should bear that in mind and have a cut back day today image

• Options

Now this should prove interesting.  I'll teachhim not to want to walk.  Off to meet Kirsty and Benson (a beagle) in Stanmer Park soon.  Bedlam or what, Benson's mad!!!! image

• Options

Glad i've read back, wondered what you were talking about on FB Lyndy image

• Options

Didn't you see the photos earlier in the week Cinders?

Well, that was a surprise.  The dog's didn't take all that much notice of each other, at least they didn't play at all, but did run alongside each other most of the time.  Benson had a mad moment or two chasing round and around Bones, but Bones just ignored his as if to say "young wippersnapper, who do you think you are?" LOL

Had a lovely long walk though, all up through the woods at Stanmer park.  No idea how far we walked, but it was for well over an hour so I'm guessing at least three miles.image

Back is killing me now though as I called in to do MiL's hair for her as she's been ill since Christmas and hasn't been able to get to the hairdressers, then I ended up changing her bed linen for her too.  Painkillers definitely on the menu in a minute.

• Options
    Hope you manage to get a run in MWW. I'm hoping to do 10K in the morning. I've been doing a couple of yoga classes a week for the past 2 years as well as running and I'm really enjoying those. Very good for backs Lindi!
  • Options

My lower back is really painful all the time at the moment image It's been bad for years image But its quite bad nowadays. There is a link between hysterectomy and RT with lower back pain but I am trying to ignore that lol

I went to bed last night, was asleep before 10 and woke up naturally around 6.15 this morning feeling like I had had a really good sleep image Knackered now though lol So its an early night for me as I am off to Northampton tomorrow to meet up with some other womb cancer survivors image Should be quite a laugh image

My blood test results are back at the doc's and he wants to see me image So I have an appointment on Wednesday. I think I am just missing some vitamins etc because I'm not absorbing everything I should be due to my stomach problems. We'll see though.

• Options

Morning everyone image

After a very soggy weekend it was a lovely morning today down on the seafront with Bones.  A very brisk two mile walk (to Peter Pan and back Tracey) and now I have a sleeping Bones and a lazy day for me as I've got no work to do at all.imageimageimage  The only thing on my agenda is another walk with Bones this afternoon so fingers crossed it's just as nice later as it was first thing image

• Options
    Lynda - you should send your grandson a post card from Bonesimage Bones can tell him all about his lovely walks with grandma image
  • Options
    Now that's a good idea Tracey image