Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    Lyndy - bet you will miss Bones when he goes home.
  • Options

Definitely Tracey.  Think he'll miss us too.  Was only saying last night that it won't be the kids who want to come and stay every week, but Bones as well!

• Options

Three miles with Bones this morning.  First time I've taken him all the way along the seafront to The Wheel.  Funniest thing ever was Bones barking like mad at the statue of a running Steve Ovett.  First time he'd ever seen it and he couldn't make it out at all.  Made lots of people laugh image

And don't know how far away the snow is from Brighton  but there was a car parked with snow on its roof????

• Options

Morning all

Lyndy - Bones sounds like so much funimage well done on doing three milesimage

No snow here but it is very cold. I did a very slow 5 miles this morning, started off along the cliff path but the wind was so bitter I turned around and ran along the roads instead! Shin pain not too bad, going to ice and stretch and hopefully it will be okay!

• Options

Three miles image  But only walking MWW.  Still, better than nothing, and as Bones is able to be off the lead I do get to really stride out image

• Options

Another mile and a half this afternoon.  Couldn't get any more out of him.  He just sat down, waited for me then set off for home image

• Options

I did try to do a little running with him this morning.  Wasn't dressed for it as I didn't have my running trainers on and I was wearing my thick padded ski jacket, but might try donning my running gear when I next take him down to the seafront and see how we get on.

• Options

Nice 2.25 mile walk along the seafront and we met a Rottweiler called  ..............................................................................  Betty!!!!!

• Options
    Had a lovely meal out last night with Roobs & ladies from our running club image
  • Options

image Tracey.  Roobs said she was going out with the club last night.  Hope she behaved herself image

• Options

I had one glass of wine. The food was very nice but I am suffering with my stomach today image Feeling absolutely washed out image

• Options
    Lyndy - we was done the quiet end of the tableimage
  • Options
    Hmm, got that wrong then didn't you Roobs????
  • Options
    Is anyone doing Brighton Half? I'll be at the start tomorrow with daughter. She's just gone to bed feeling very nervous! Her first race! LTJ and I ran for 8 miles this morning. Lovely but I fell over. What a numpty. Tripped on a raised drain on the pavement about a mile from home. Grazed knees and hand and broken nails and feeling bit stiff tonight; amazing how jarring can affect you when you're a bit older.
  • Options
    Daughter completed Brighton Half in 2 hours 17 mins. She did a run walk from the start. The furthest she had run was 10 miles and her training regime was 1 run, possibly 2 a week. Oh to be 25! She found the last few miles tough and it was great to see her finishing strong. What a gorgeous day in Brighton too; sunshine and a blue sparkly sea. Had coffee and doughnuts on the beach afterwards.
  • Options

Hiya!

Glad your daughter did so well LTS image And hope you are feeling ok after your fall.

• Options

Morning, Well done Miss LTS. A fantastic time for a run/walk image.  Hope your knees and nails are on the mend.image

Sorry to say that I didn't make it to Brighton Half yesterday.  Was supposed to be handing out medals but when the alarm went off at 6am I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to get myself down there.  Bones was fast asleep, as was Mr L and I think it was the thought of having to drag myself around the park with Bones before I set off that was the final straw.  If I could have just got myself ready and gone then it would have been ok.

Instead I turned the computer on, sent them a quick email to say I wouldn't be there and went back to bed and Bones didn't wake me until 9:45 image

• Options
    LTS - congratulations to your daughter image

I did 12 miles off-road at club yesterday morning, lots of puddles and mud.
  • Options

I did the Brighton Half as well!  Gorgeous day for it wasn't it!!  Felt like I was back on my summer holidays image

Well done LTS and to your daughter as well!

I had to take this one slowly as it is sandwiched between endless weekends of 17-20 milers (meant to be a "rest" week) and to be honest was feeling pretty knackered from the start.  But despite a very slow time, I did enjoy it, great crowds!!

• Options

Well done Aizxana, glad you enjoyed it.

Had a lovely long walk with Bones yesterday.  Took an opposite route from the way I normally go around the park and started by climbing up to the top of the hills and then along the bridleway that runs next to the golf course. Nearly took my camera with me, but then thought it might need charging.  Wish I had now, so we will be doing a repeat walk this afternoon.  Just hope the sun is still shining when we go out.  Can't do it until the afternoon because there's a race horse trainng track running alongside the bridleway and warnings of "fast horses" between 6am and 11:30am.  Really looking forward to it later though.

All this walking is certainly having an effect on me.  Not losing any more pounds, but I'm sure I'm getting more toned, and definitely fitter because the hills are not leaving me so breathless image

On the downside, I've only got three days, including today, until he goes home image  Really not looking forward to it.  Think there will be some tears chez Lyndy on Friday image

• Options
    Lyndy - we alway walk or cycle up that BIG hill image

Think you have to baby sit bones once a week image
  • Options

Got some nice pics from the top of the valley.  Hopefully it will still be nice enough to go up there again tomorrow, but forecast is not brilliant image

• Options
    Miss LTS says thanks for the congrats. She was raising money for disabled athletes and she was pleased with that. A bit sore yesterday. I went for a run along Worthing sea front this morning and had a coffee with LTJ at Coast cafe. It was fantastic, sunny and warm, with a glistening blue sea. Loads of runners out - must be half term!
  • Options
    Forgot to says congrats to Aizxana. Yes, Brighton half had brilliant sunshine; I remember running it once in freezing rain and wind though. Miss LTS did a run 10 mins, walk 1 min right from the start Lindi and it worked for her.
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Hello all!

Not been on here much lately image  Back in Houston for a couple of weeks, wasn't really planned but Mr TS had to be out here, I stayed home as we are having the house knocked about and loads of building work done but I gave in and came out here as I had no kitchen, no floor downstairs, no heating etc!  Did a week up in Yorkshire and then headed out here!  Back 1st March.

Running not been great, went out with my friends here on Monday, only did 3 and a bit miles and not very fast.  Did do a long fast bike ride this morning though.

You all sound to be doing great though!

Sorry to hear about your Father MWW x

• Options
    Morning all

Ran 5.17 miles yesterday at club in 51:13 image
  • Options

Evening all

I was going to go to club last night and do a run/walk with Karen who is starting out again but I was late leaving work. That's two nights in a row!!!! I left on time today though. I'm going tomorrow night though image

• Options
    Roobs - have fun tomorrow night image x
  • Options

Morning all

Today is the last day of my doggie walking duties.  The kids come home late tonight so Bones will be going home in the morning image  That is, if I answer the phone.  If I don't answer the phone, they'll think I'm out and won't be able to collect him image