Options

Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options
    gillian,
    yeh looking forward to loch ness in october..
    not bothered what time i do though..will just run and let my legs take me there,and see what time i do..
  • Options
    Not bothered with time.............now Billy how much do you eally mean that ? Will look out for you between now and then. You going to EK week Sun ? I'm in the 10k. Halfie was to much to soon after Sunday for me.
  • Options
    Hi folks,
    Edinburgh was my 2nd marathon but the first I have been able to run meaningfully (London '04 training was disrupted by a silly injury!). Happy to finish in 4' 19", one hour better than London.
    I agree with people who say Arthur's seat should have been left in; if it was the organisers wish to make the race virtually flat I think they succeeded!
    As a "Southerner" I think my next challenge will be the New Forest Marathon as my confidence is now on an all time high!!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Gillian - I'm in for the EK half. Well, I'mm off to go and apply online right now. Hopefully still some places left.
    Then, 1 week later, a half whilst on hols in Brittany. Then GSR half in Sep. Then Loch Ness, same as BillyB (not fussed with time. Unless FLM do as they are threatening, and change GFA qualifying times, in which case.....run like the wind in the hills!!)
    Now hows that for being a headcase!!!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

BillyB - theres a Loch Ness thread. Look in "My Forum" for the link. Hope to see you there.
  • Options
    gillian...it is true...
    when i started running over 20 years ago i set myself targets...
    sub 40mins-10k...finally beat that this year
    sub 1-30-1/2 marathon..finally beat that this year
    and sub 3-30-marathon..beat that on sunday
    so for all that time ive stressed myself out when i failed to make those targets,so now ive finally done it,im going to relax,enjoy my running and see what happens...
    dont know how much quicker i can get anyway...

ek? no,my next race is forth bridge 10k in august..i'm even giving the 7 hills a miss this week...i think ive earned a rest...
    from next week though,i will start a new marathon programme for to peak at loch ness
  • Options
    Hail Hail

In for EK. Is there a thread anywhere?
  • Options
    Katiepie - you beat me by 6 seconds! Mental or what! Was Mike A the same time?
  • Options

As this thread winds down, I just want to thank again everyone on here for your support and encouragement. You are a great bunch of people. Just sorry I didn't get to meet up with anyone. But I had a really wonderful day and absolutely loved it:)

I've had a couple of runs this week and feel OK. Now I'm taking about 12 days off, going to Glastonbury Festival, and from Tuesday 28 June will be getting back into training for the Abingdon Marathon in October.

Thanks again and hope to see you at a race in the future.
  • Options
    See you, Peaceman! Was sorry not to meet up and laugh about the ice baths with you, but there'll be more marathons and I certainly haven't finished yet! Good luck!

Bye, everyone! Have ordered a dvd and am waiting for photos to appear. I had a great time in Edinburgh and am still on a total high. The forum helped me in many ways: it gave good advice and info, calmed my nerves, motivated me ... cheers, all!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Another one logging off from this thread. Can I just re-iterate some of my comments from earlier, and those of Peaceman.
    You are all heroes for completing nay even attempting what you did. Your time does not matter, because at least you have a time. Unlike those who sit at home on their couches never contemplating what we all do. For all those who offered advice and comedy, a huge thank you and round of applause. For those who I can offer support or advice, dont hesitate to email me direct.
    See youse all either in the ether of RW threads, or at a race somewhere, sometime!!

ALL THE BEST TO ALL!!
  • Options
    Another one checking in to say cheerio. This marathon was one of the most memorable experiences of my life and I hope to see some of you on a similar thread next year !!!!!

HAPPY RUNNING ONE AND ALL
  • Options
    All over now for Edinburgh. I am off to find me another marathon to run before the end of the year. Somewhere near london would be good (don't want to use easyjet for a very long time).
  • Options
    Just checked the online results. 3:31:03, 573rd place. I've been running for a year now, and that's my first marathon so I'm very pleased with that.
  • Options
    Over and our from me too! a big thanks and well done to everyone again! Hope to see some of you at the EK half!!

Til then!!!
  • Options
    Take it easy everyone. Going to miss the forum almost as much as the training.

As we say in the West Highlands.....

"Lang may yir lum reek"

All the best, and hopefully catch you soon.
  • Options
    Sounds as tho everyone is bowing out now so I just have to say Thanks!! - I've really enjoyed 'chatting' to you all and reading all the advice which I will carry with me for the marathons I do in the future.

I hope we will all cross each other again at some point....GOOD LUCK IN EVERYTHING YOU ALL DO FROM NOW ON.......

Mandie xx
  • Options
    i am off now as well - thank you to all - hope to see you on another forum soon - i am now training for new york :-)
  • Options
    And it's goodbye from me!
    Nice to chat with those on this forum & also to those who I met in Edinburgh.
    Thanks to Katiepie (what a star!).
    I will be running the British 10K London run in a few weeks.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Stalkerman Mikey was 4.39 :)
  • Options
    has anyone seen anything from the photos site yet?

I filled in the form,............

.......still waiting
  • Options
    Cheers Bob, its been a long time waiting!
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    Thanks, Bob. Cool, I have loads of photos of me. Will buy a select one to keep.

The ones towards the start, I look soo happy, but the ones at the end, I look shattered (not surprisingly!)
  • Options
    Oh the difference a week makes. This time last week, focused, honed athlete. And now? More than a wee bit drunk and knackered from dancing for the last three hours or so.

Its all Katypie's fault, she's not to be trusted....
  • Options
    NOT TO BE TRUSTED? Who said no let's not buy more champagne? I did. Who said let's leave at 2.30am? Me.. You'd still be bopping away now if it wasn't for me
  • Options
    Sounds like a good night out.

Quick question, (i promise my last one!). How do you prove your completion time for your last marathon if you are trying to get into another one requesting proof of times.

Do I print of the page from the web-site, or evening times paper?

Thanks again
    Hazel
  • Options
    Edinburgh Marathon highlights on Channel 5 tonight, 12.45.
  • Options
    Been away in Prague (top place!) then on business since the marathon. As predicted, didn't really have the fitness for a sub 3 but at least I got the satisfaction of Running Bhoy breaking 3 h after pacing for first 16 miles! Billy B - I finished 138th - 1 place behind you!!! As RB mentioned I tripped on a raised manhole cover at 24 1/2 miles - a bit of a shock to the system - suddenly running along and the next minute you're on the ground with blood everywhere! Grazes are healing nicely now though.

Like my new picture from Edinburgh?

Good to meet you Gav - the half in Glasgow in Sept sounds good.

Currently half way through a two week break from my running before starting hard training for Berlin and New York on June 27.

Will sign off the thread now - see some of you on other forums!
  • Options
    PS this has probably already been covered, but where was everyone in the Standing Order???