Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    <hoiks Hippo out of gin>

gluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug

Sorry Hippo, just didn't want to choke on you ;-)

Mava that was bad news then...!

• Options
    Gin, gin who said gin. Where is it. give it to me.........

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good day. Work was a bit stressful and I don't feel I am coping at all well with my staff at the moment and I feel they are well taking the p--- out of me. My boss has something in mind for them so hopefully it may be good news next week. Avoided the contact officer who wanted to speak to me today about the incident. Suppose thats the cowards way out at the moment but I can't face it.

went out for a plod tonight and did my hilly route. Really surprised myself as I only walked for 2 mins up the worst of the hills. Kept going longer today and turned at 2.25 miles so did 4.5 miles in all with only that 1 walk. Funny how I find that hilly route easier than the flat route.

Was really bad with the eating today but I am sure it is stress that is making me eat at work.

Has anyone else been out plodding today?

I was really surprised to get my Blackpool Half Marathon number today when I only entered on Tuesday. That was fast.

Right off for dinner.
  • Options
    Evening Speedy.

I haven't plodded for ages. Did the treadmill on Sunday for half an hour but nothing since.

You looking forward to the half? I won't be able to do the MK half at the end of July. Never mind.

Fed up. Want chocolate but hey ho, dont' actually want any if you know what I mean!!
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    Hiya Speedy. Well done on that plod. Maybe the hilly seems easier because you've got the downs as well as the ups!

Sorry to hear about work.

Not plodded today. Did cycle to work though. I think I'll go out tomorrow. I'm working at home so can go out when I like.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Speedy well done on plodding today despite your cr@p day at work! It's funny isn't it how sometimes hills are easier.

Ally - sunday was not really ages ago!

Mava - I cycle to work too - I love it, apart from the monster hill at the end on the way there. I got a puncture on the way home tonight, so phoned Mr Debbo and he came and picked up me and the bike, and is now putting new tires on for me - I could do it myself, but I'll let him do it! Hopefully the new tires will make me speedy in the tri on sunday!

I'm pleased because I did an 8 mile run tonight.
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    OK people, I need some inspiration. On saturday my brother & his girlfriend are having a bit of a 'do' to introduce their baby to the family. It's like a christening without the church bit!

He's just emailed me and said we need to make the baby a promise. It can be as silly or as sensible as we like. I'm stumped. When my other brother did this for his daughter I promised her I'd never show her boyfriends her baby pictures!

Sooooo, peeps, any inspiration for me?
  • Options
    How about promising TO show baby photos to future boyfriends/girlfriends!!!
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    debbo, I don't actually enjoy cycling to work much. London traffic is horrendous and my route can't exactly be called picturesque, taking in as it does the sights of Stockwell, Kennington & Waterloo!

But it's exercise and actually takes less time than public transport.

• Options
    When I say hiily route, it ismore or less a one way hill. Long long gradient on outward leg some bits steeper than others and one bit I have to walk so its a slog out. I keep adding on a couple of extra mins each time as the road goes on for a further couple of miles before it runs out so one day I will get to the end of it. Meanwhile on the turn..... need I say more.

I have been up since 4.30 am because I couldn't sleep due to the worry and stress of work. When I came home from work I felt really tired but its surprising how the plod has woken me up.

debbo - looks like Edinburgh is off completely. Hubby has hurt his back and can't train. Wondering if I should see if someone wants an entry?

mava - well done on the cycle. Hope you get out tomorrow for a plod. How is Blackpool looking.
  • Options
    Going to disappear for a while as I am off to get rid of the grey hair. Its making me look really old. Can't afford the hairdresser this month so its a home job. Colour tonight and highlight streaks tomorrow night.

Will come back later.
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    I'll be going up to Blackpool Speedy, the question is really whether or not I go for it on the day or not. I'm a bit concerned as I haven't run even as far as 10 miles for a month or more.
  • Options
    mava - tonights 4.5 miles is the most I have run since the 10k in Edinburgh. I am going to try fit in a 10 on Sunday. I can understand that you will be worried about your injury whereas I don't have an injury to think about and I am not going to break any records. I just want to go and meet you and hippo and everyone else and have a nice weekend. I would like to go under 3 hrs as I have not done that for some time. Last years GNR was something like 3hrs 25. Will never beat my best half of 1.54 so under 3 will do for now and I am sure I can do that.

I do hope that you are going to be ok on the day.

Hair has turned out rather too dark but it will die down abit over the next week or two so Hippo I will still look like me when we meet. Hopefully I can get the blonde streaks in at the weekend.

• Options
    dark hair????
    oooo

Im of to tehbarbers this weekend
  • Options
    Oh Hippo as it is drying it is a big bit too dark. It said on the box light brown and then I bought a blonde highlight kit. Not too sure about this now. I think the grey hair takes the colour too strongly but as my hair doesn't hold the colour too well it will die done soon.

Barbers - em surely not.

How you feeling tonight then hippo. Things any better.
  • Options
    barber at the end of our road retired at weekend - and nobody to take over shop - got all the local gossip there - boo
  • Options
    Oops PS does that mean you are either growing your hair or finding a new barber?

How are you doing PS?
  • Options
    i'm ok thanks, if a little tired - up since 4.30 as couldn't get the brain engaged properly yesterday, so went to bed and did it in the morning (well practised at it now, although it takes away the desire to run when sleep deprived) - can't grow my hair as starting to thin - will have to find somewhere else, but he won't be 20 yards away! just don't really want a nancy 'stylist' who wants to wash it and give me a cup of coffee - just a No3 sides and back and a couple of off colour jokes will be fine
  • Options
    PS

I know about the early am thing-evenacanndo it on hangovers

its fine-you did it and you survived
    its the way you work
  • Options
    So you were another one up at 4.30 am. i couldn't sleep due to work stress but my plod tonight woke me up a bit.

There is not many barbers like that nowadays. More of the unisex stylists who as you say want to wash and blow dry and put blonde highlights in mens hair as well. gone are the 5 min haircuts.

• Options
    oh speedy
    (((((((((((((())))))))))))))
  • Options
    I am fine at the moment Hippo. Its just when it gets near morning and I remember I have to go into work that the stress starts. I kinda had a bad day again today and seem to be taking everything too harshly. Staff are really driving me mad after everything I have done for them over the last year all of a sudden they have turned on me. At least my manager is behind me.

I hope that I sleep longer than 4.30 tomorrow morning. Its bad enough getting up at 6am.
  • Options
    Speedy
    if you havent done owt wrong-which you havent-then stick yto that
    b---ds
  • Options
    Well hopefully it will not be out of the frying pan into the fire as my manager is thinking on getting my team split up and giving me 8 new staff. Should find out next week but need to wait for the outcome of the complaint first but he is behind me all the way he says.

thanks hippo. Just need to off load sometimes as today the stress really built up and I feel I am ready to explode at some points and then I got depressed and headed for the chocolate machine and downed two bars of chocolate while having the check to drink a can of diet coke. Now how silly is that.

Ok well I think I should head for bed and get some shut eye.

Hope you both sleep well PS after your early start today. Have a good sleep also Hippo.

Catch you tomorrow.

• Options
    Night speedy love

you offload any time you wantyou know where we are
  • Options
    Ta Hippo. Before I go meant to ask is everyone going to the Pasta Party in Blackpool as I haven't bought a ticket. Do you know if there is a meet later in the evening or what?

Right must get to bed. Trying not to look in the mirror as the person that is looking back is not me. I am a blonde (or grey as the case is more likely) not this dark person staring back.

Right Nite Nite.
  • Options
    Im not

I might be quite happy with fish and chips
    Mr hippo is coming
    he likes fish and chips

9i could not cope with me being dark purple)
  • Options
    my stress levels have just risen as i wrote a long and involved e mail report on today's action (easy day tomorrow thank goodness) only for it to disappear somehow. I ain't starting again - not urgent, just wanted to get it out of the way - taking a week off next week - an ultimatum from an over-stressed mrs p - off to the seaside.
    It's the weekend soon speedy - nothing worse than things hanging over you like that - v difficult to relax
  • Options
  • Options
    chippy on corner still there, even if the barber's gone - had chicken tonight. discussed blood pressure with John the enormous chippy man when I declined salt and vinegar. The yuppies (like me!) will hound John out of Balham yet
  • Options
    PS
    you would not let it happen
    and if you are yuppie

i am

a fecking model!