Options

Le Touquet 10k and 20k First Saturday in July !!!

Comments

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    check it yourself Rach, and see.

:0(
  • Options
    Snoop, I agree she is a bit of a honey, but what do you expect?? She obviously scored lucky on that fateful night when we met.

Anyway, have you had enough of ripping it out of Wales, and are now starting on Northants??!!
  • Options
    Availability on Hoverspeed! :)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    nothing wrong with Wales, other than they charge you nearly five squid to enter it when you get over the bridge (free to return to England).

but Welshmen with only one subject are another matter.

if you're feeling sensitive though, I wont make any jokes about Northampton (don't think anyone's ever been bothered enough about it to make any up!)
  • Options
    I am booked for 4 nights! So that will be race on day 1 and 4 nights of drinking! Mmmm, must find a reliable babysitter....

Pathfinder
    Rach
    Snoop
    Tiger
    Patouka

Who is doing the 20 and who is doing the 10? I am still undecided...
  • Options
    Hi Patouka how are you?

added to the list

Pathfinder
    Rach
    Snoop
    Tiger
    Patouka
    Guy

I'm planning on doing the 20
  • Options
    Snoop, I would love you to slate Northampton. One thing is for sure, I reckon I could give the place more grief than you!

Anyway, I'm still undecided as to whether to venture over. If I do, will be doing the 20km. Think I have a football tournament on the same day? Will check.
  • Options
    Hi Guy. Can you do 20k on no training? LOL, just kidding, when are you seeing the physio? Good luck.

I ran 45min in the heat yesterday. Felt pretty good but glad it's turned cooler. I'd like to get some fitness up and then bring on the hot weather!

Hey Rach did you want any of the apartment addresses again?

Does everyone know that Le Touquet has a great website for all your accommadation needs?www.letouquet.com
  • Options
    I'd like the forest appartment contact again please P. It'd take me about a fortnight to scroll back through my in box for it!

Glad to hear you're back running properly. Kicked off my training on Tuesday with a track session... ouch! The weekend's debauchery didn't make it any easier! :)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Huh, trust me to miss out on debauchery when it's going around when instead, I had to settle for plodding 26.2 over Salisbury Plain and a cheese sandwich...

anyway, decision time today on whether to come on over, as the ferries get fuller - the Jelly Bean man seems to have disappeared, so we have to assume the above list is it.

Pathfinder - are you making your own way over and staying a couple of days, or what?

Pathfinder
    Rach
    Snoop - 20K
    Tiger
    Patouka
    Guy - 20K

• Options
    There'll be a few more along Snoop, I'm sure. I'll see if I can find Jelly....
  • Options
    Morning All

Am off to see the physio tomorrow Patouka. hopefully he'll give me the all clear to start some light training. if I can get 5- 6 weeks training in, the 20k should be OK.

• Options
    Morning all!

I suppose I'd better do the 20K :)

Pathfinder
    Rach
    Snoop - 20K
    Tiger - 20K
    Patouka
    Guy - 20K

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    ok have booked the ferry now as Speedferries had cancellations:-

2.7.2005 07:45 Dover - Boulogne
    SpeedOne
    3.7.2005 00:30 Boulogne - Dover
    SpeedOne

we're on our way..

when does the race open for online entries then?
  • Options
    Phew!
    Didn't fancy swimming across :)
  • Options
    Still no on-line entries - just checked.
  • Options
    Before I go searching the tinternet, and excuse me for being thick......but where is Le Touquet? Before the smart arses tell me it's in France, very good - but how close to Calais is it? And how do you get from Calais to Le Touquet?

Also, any idea on the best option between boat and Eurostar?
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    On the north coast, about 35 miles from Boulogne, and 75 from Calais. You drive from C to Le T.

That's why we're going via Boulogne.

Oh, and Eurostar doesn't go via Boulogne ;0)
  • Options
    Get a few friends together and drive and ferry over Coopers. There are plenty of little hotels for Saturday night and we can spend Sunday recovering on the beach....... go on, you know you wanna! :)
  • Options
    Good luck Guy, hope it doesn't hurt too much and you get the all clear.

I now have tendonitis in my arch, but I'm ignoring it! I refuse to rest now that I have just got back into it. Stretch, stretch, stretch!!!Ice, ice , ice!!

Where is Carpet? Get him on here someone!!

Rach, have e-mailed you the details of accommadation.
  • Options
    BTW, have decided to do the 20km, but am going to go for a 10km pb in the 1st half, should be interesting!
  • Options
    Ah the old positive split routine Patouka, one I'm very familiar with .. (not by intention though!) How's your back now, is it better?
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Good luck P - you sound as if you could do with some encouragement

Pathfinder
    Rach
    Snoop - 20K (with an even split)
    Tiger - 20K
    Patouka - 20K (with a positive split)
    Guy - 20K

that wind around the headland was devilish last year - neg. splits will be hard to achieve.
  • Options
    Snoop, thank you for your wise words. Just so I'm clear - Fly to Moscow, and hitchhike the rest of the way with the State Circus? Ok, so boat to Boulogne is the only option?

Have emailed Frankeeee to see if he is up for it, but I reckon I'm a 75% chancer at this stage, so will put my name down anyway.

Pathfinder
    Rach
    Tiger - 20K
    Guy - 20K
    CoopersRow - 20K (1 km per pint afterwards)
  • Options
    OMG that was horrible! Lost internet connection for 5 whole hours there!!!!

Thanks Patouka, will get that sorted later!

Pathfinder
    Rach - 20k (don't know about splits but hopefully sub 1:53!)
    Tiger - 20K
    Guy - 20K
  • Options
    Welcome back Rach :o)

Patouka - will contact Carpet and see if he wants to come and play
  • Options
    Oh he must! And get CR back here too!!
  • Options
    Thanks for getting in touch with me on this Guy. Hi to all you ex Paris forumites. Pleased to hear that you are up and running again Patouka.

Sadly not going to be able to do this run - does sound like a good one so will need to keep it in mind for next year. Start a new job the Monday before the run and spending that whole week in Rome and not getting back til late pm on the Friday.

Have been on gardening leave for the last 2 and a bit weeks - 7/8 more to go!
  • Options
    Shame you won't be there Carpet. Glad to hear you're well and truly off the diet cokes now! ;)
  • Options
    have you actually been in the garden yet Carpet?