Options

Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

Comments

• Options
    Haven't been invited.

What time are we going in? I'll be there.
  • Options
    WEll been in London all day! Road closure signs are up! Walked from big Ben to Tower Bridge. Felt unreal that we will all be running there very soon!!

Hope to see you two on Monday
  • Options
    Yes - looking forward to it Rio. I did a training run along that part of the course a few weeks ago and crossing Tower Bridge was a bit scary! Looking forward to it though.

Jill - the race is definately open on Monday. We should get there for ten, by the FAA Museum.

What time tomorrow?
  • Options
    Mr G, Well done and good luck in your new position.
  • Options
    Sammy,
    Thanks for that. Very pleased but also feeling a little nervous about the responsibility.
    Training for marathon has gone well, in fact only time I've missed a training session was the night before the interview!
    See you down at the Derby runner on the 22nd.
  • Options
    MikeG if you can train for a marathon everthing else is easy!!!!!

good luck in the new role
  • Options
    Thanks Rio,
    I think you're right. I've learnt a lot on this journey and found out a lot about myself on the way. Now that I've reached a good level of fitness, I'm going to make sure that I hold on to it no matter what other pressures arise in the future.
    Now I'm off on a few days break (taking my running shoes with me!) See you all in London, either before or after at the CwL reception.
  • Options
    Mr G, enjoy your break and we will see you at the Derby Runner.
    My training is on hold again, still got the trapped nerve in the back. Went to the Osteopath again yesterday and got an appointmentagain next Thursday night so hopefully I should be fit enough for the FLM. I will walk if i need to.
  • Options
    Oh Sammy and after all your hard work this year!! ((hugs))
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the trapped nerve Sammy, I'm sure you'll be fine by A week Sunday. I woke up this morning with a tummy bug (thanks kids!) a high temp and achy body..so no training for me for a few days...worrying and panicking now as have only managed 5 runs in the last 3 weeks as been away, just hoping im not losing all my fitness.

Can any one advise on tapering these last 10 days

thanks
  • Options
    ps would love to change the scary msn silhouette image but totally un-techy!!(have tried without success) any advice ..anything is better than him!
  • Options
    I've just changed it Lindsay and would love to help, but it kind of depends what picture editing programme you've got.

Let me work on it and get back to you.
  • Options
    Just had a fiddle on Word and can't really do it there. (Others probably can...)

Basically, whatever application you use for digital photos or pictures (I've got the Lexmark Photo Editor, for example, but you will probably have a different programme) you should either copy and paste or insert your picture into that application.

Select the picture, then using the 'resize' function, you can make your picture the correct size (120 pixels tall, 100 pixels wide.)

You then save it somewhere (e.g. My Pictures,) click on 'browse' under the horrible sillhouette man, and select it.

I can (possibly!) do the resizing myself if you want to email me the picture you want. I could then email it back to you for adding to your screen. No promises - my IT skills are not much better!

Click on my name and the 'email me' bit to make contact.

It's one of these things that takes a bit of twiddling....no promises that it will work!
  • Options
    Great picture Octopus and so like you!!

........ you see folks, this is a man of many talents, hence the number of arms he requires, and at the centre, there is a heart of GOLD ........ our school is so going to miss him when he leaves to take on his headship at a new school :-""(
  • Options
    Awww - Gawd bless ya, Gemini Jill!

Will miss you too.

Still, lots of running to be done before then, eh?!
  • Options
    Hurry up and get your entry in for the Bristol Half. When is the Great South?
  • Options
    Hi both

How you feeling? Ready for a blast on Monday? Weather looks good!
  • Options
    I don't know about 'ready for a blast'!! I am aiming for no faster than just over 10min miling, because it is maintaining a regular pace that I have great diffciulty with ...... on the other hand, if I finished in just over the hour I would be v.pleased! Have you decided what you are running in yet? I shall be very distinctive (ha! ha!)as I shall probably be running in my Buff ......... Octopus knows the joke!!
  • Options
    Lookin' for cookin', Rio!

I'm running 'Mr Manned up.' Jill's in the buff - oooh, Madam!

GSR is first weekend of Oct half term - hoorah! 22nd Oct I think. We're making a weekend of it and stopping over Sat and Sun nights. I will get entering for Bristol asap.
  • Options
    Oh, and Lindsay...

Don't email me on the Runners World link - it's my old email.

Let me know if you want me to do your pic.
  • Options
    10 min miles are my norm Jill so be lucky to get any faster than that!!

Will be wearing my light blue WRN kit (cos I used them to get the discount on the entry).
    Long Sleeved if it is cold but if it is warm then I will probably be exposing far more skin than I should!
    But I am thinking of the suntan!!
  • Options
    So is this to be a collective effort by the trio - oh, but I think Octopus is out for a PB so we might not see him for the dust!!
  • Options
    No looks like he will beat us to the easter eggs then!

I am going for a pb too but as it is only 64 mins I should be ok for that one!
  • Options
    Oh and my number is 668 - forgot
  • Options
    My current PB is 54 mins, so dust may be a bit optomistic!
  • Options
    Well that is a mile ahead of me Octopus so maybe the dust wont have settled but.....
  • Options
    Hi octopus, thank you for all your help, have finally dragged myself out of bed afte bug and am now feeling slightly more human again. Tryig to find a suitalbe photo to email to you - if i manage, which link do i use.thanks I may finally understand all this by FLM 2007!!

Any advice for running this week, have only managed 6 runs in 4 last 4 weeks so really really panicking, thanks!!11
  • Options
    Hi Lindsay (and everyone else!) I'm sure someone a bit more qualified on these matters will be along shortly but just to reassure you - I did FLM last year on a longest run of 14.5 miles which was done 6 weeks before! Injury meant lots of physio and some shorter runs then no running at all for 2 weeks prior. I would have lost my place had I not run as had deferred from previous year. I got round - not very fast mind you (6:15) but hey - my medal is the same as Paula's and it was a great experience.

The most important thing is that you feel physically well enough if you've had a bug? I certainly wouldn't try and cram the miles in this week - maybe just one or two steady runs with a few short strides to wake the legs up? Then on the day - be realistic and just enjoy it...

I'm getting quite nervous now myself as I have put a LOT of work in this year, relatively speaking - I'm still not very speedy - and thankfully remained injury free <<touches lots of wooden things>> Not long to go!!
  • Options
    Lindsay - email it to me at, 'jogoctopus at yahoo dot co dot uk' (sorry - spammers are watching.) I'll do the rest.

Rio - I inadvertently lied - sorry! My PB is actually 56 mins, and after the 5k I just completed, I imagine it will remain at 56 mins for some time yet.
  • Options
    Ah now Octopus I may well get close to you with a tailwind then!!!

Been putting my name on my charity vest. Gone for Rio so everyone will know me and the crowd will shout whatever you have anyway!
    Nice big letters so should be easy to spot.
    Wont be wearing it on Monday though!

Hope the weather isnt as warm as today for either Monday or 23rd! but still better than rain for us slower runners
    Bought suncream today in anycase!