Options

Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

Comments

• Options
    Morning
    You must have been just behind me Jill I finished in around 1:01:05 I think but my Garmin said 60:34. Am very happy as that is a pb by 4 mins for me too!!!

It was great to see you both I did look for you after but couldnt see you anywhere!! But heres to the Banquetting House on Sunday!!

Bring on Sunday now!!!
  • Options
    Well done Rio.

Lindsay - Octopus has done a good job for you, you look fantastic!

Only 4 days 16 mins 44 secs to go .......
  • Options
    I know it is getting exciting now!

Be even more real after the expo on Thursday! Last day in work tomorrow!
  • Options
    Hooray! Lindsay is with us!
  • Options
    hi everyone hope your all well.
    been without a computer for three weeks since kids crashed it (bless em)
    been reading through all the posts made me realise how much i missed all the support and camaradrie
    feel sluggish,heavy legged, nervous,excited
    worried that i haven't done enough training,even getting phantom leg pains but that said cant wait till sunday

4 days...............
  • Options
    Hello and Good Luck Everyone. (I had to pull out months ago with a torn calf.) I am impressed with the continued efforts of you all.. Have an excellent day, you all deserve it. XXX
  • Options
    I'm panicing that I'm about to join you with the same thing, Mr Baldy Man!

Huge irony - I was preparing our school for a Health and Safety inspection (!) yesterday when I slipped off a step and turned my ankle. I currently have a niggle in my left calf which I'm sure will be fine, but in the final week is the last thing I wanted.

Rest, rest and more rest I think.
  • Options
    Octopus - what the hell are you like? Just when I said that the school had a very good safety record you go and do something like this. You poor thing. Is it bruised and swollen? Get yourself to casualty tomorrow and get it checked out properly............... we need you on Sunday ........... or else!!!
  • Options
    It'll be fine Jill. No bruise - it just feels like after you get cramp. It's better today than yesterday so I will be on that start line! Panic over!
  • Options
    ........ boo

............ is anyone there?

.............. you've all gone very quiet

............. resting for the big day?

......... only 3 days 21 mins 10 secs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Just back from picking up my number from the expo. Sorry Sammy couldn't wait til Saturday, so I'll be putting my feet up while you're standing in the queue. Really enjoyed it. Got my feet analysed & confirmed that I am a neutral runner which is just as well as I wasn't going to change me trainers at this late stage. Paul Tergat was there but I see he's dropped out. What with him and Paula, if another 30,000 drop out I might be in with a chance.
  • Options
    I have been resting all week. Feeling a little better now. Going to the Osteopath tonight to (hopefully) release this trapped nerve. Not sure what pace to run at the moment.
    Got all my Gels for the day, just need to stock up on Jelly beans and Jelly babies.
    Good luck to you all and hopefully we may meet some of you on the day.

Mr G, See you on sat at the Derby Runner. Dont forget your number.
  • Options
    Sammy,My bag is packed and I've already pinned my number on the shirt. Chip firmly attached to trainer as well. Re travelling down. Do we all stop at the same hotel? R u on bus no2? Also the letter says about getting spectator tickets at expo. Does this just mean a tube ticket and would it be best to get a ticket from the local railway station before we travel down? Good luck with your osteopath tonight. I know you've been through it but I also know your character will get you through! So to use the words of Mr Jones in a text he sent me the day of my interview..."Sock it to em!"
  • Options
    Cheers Mr G.

We are in the same hotel.
    Speak to Caterina about the tickets see did this last year.I am sure you get all the tickets from down there.
  • Options
    Good luck everyone!
    Take it easy this week- I went out on tuesday and ended up doing 1hr 45 after misplanning a route on my hols in cornwall -hobbling again!
    Have picked up my number and got my name put on my shirt (be precise with the printers they are a bit dozy). there are pace bands available at the lucozade stand and the sports massage people are worth the money. Be prepared to have me gabbling at you with nerves at the start if I see you, or hope to see people at the lunch. T
  • Options
    I am in pen 8!!!! dont know how that happened! Means i should be able to get with the 11min mile pacers at the start and hopefully get ahead to where I want to be!!

Also had a word with Caro and she has said she will try to ensure that I get to run as Little Miss Naughty next year!!!

Have to start training with the weights next week!! lol
    New Focus!
  • Options
    Hi everyone-!!!! I am soooooooooooooooexcited!! went to expo yesterday..made it all really real!

Queued for 50 minutes to sort out name on t-shirt to be told it was a further 2 hour wait to collect! So abandoned that as had to collect rascals from school-now armed with felt-tips and a spare t-shirt should they end up writing 'mummy'-on it !!

As im running on my own(forgetting 30,000 others) is there anyone starting in red pen number 7(feel like livestock!)would be lovely to meet a friendly face. Im number 36676

May not see anyone at lunch after as will be with an army of kids so really really good luck to everyone.. will you all stay in touch afterwards??

PS-Octopus thanks for being a techy star-scary silhouette man was starting to spook me a little
  • Options
    Lindsay if you start at the back of pen 7 I will try to get to the front of pen 8.
    You wont miss me in my tutu and covered in Mr Men!
    number 52671 and Rio on my top in big black foam letters!
  • Options
    Do you know, I have never managed to get in a pen, I've always been last in the que for the loo! By the time I'm ready to start everyone has jumbled together. Shame really, now I've been promoted a pen.

I hope I can live up to my promotion!!!

Really enjoying my taper week, eating and sleeping lots. Went out for a slow 4 miles last night and felt so tierd.

What's the weather going to be like?
  • Options
    thanks rio-i will definitely look out for you-sadly i'm not as brave and will only be in my shorts and shirt...already talking about next year- wow- how brave(mad and foolish!!) although i haven't dared tell my family but i have been harbouring same secret thoughts!!

Do you have to raise same amount every year?-having written to every one i know this year and dont think that they would sponsor me again !!

how early do you get in the pen?? I'm planning on queueing for the loos until the final moment!
  • Options
    Will probably be doing the same Lindsay but will also have a black bin bag with me so that if the queues are too bad I can go and find a tree and pee without being viewed through some pervs binoculars

the first year i managed to raise about £2300 last year was £3800 and this year will be back to around £2000.
    People will sponsor you again but I havent been too pushy this year
  • Options
    Wow!! amazing well done you..I've managed £4500, not quite sure how-(i thik everyone was so shocked at the humourous thought of me actually running!!) but cant ever see me raising that again. Now i can safely say that I am hooked!!
  • Options
    ..... oooh, you lot are making me feel so excited. One more day at work and onto the train tomorrow afternoon. Probably won't make registration until Saturday morning but plan to be there early!!

Weather forecast isn't looking too bad.

Off to do so some study before packing and a hot tub!!
  • Options
    I think once you have raised money for them before especially substantial amounts like you have this year you will be asked if you want to run again.
    They never put any pressure on you to raise anything specific though which is why they are such a terrific charity to run for!
  • Options
    PS -Skip, I managed three today and felt truly and utterly knackered!!, the thought of climbing the stairs to bed let alone running 26.2 fills me with horror...I've lso managed to eat all the easter Eggs in the house. that includes my 3 kids, husbands and neighbours that i didn't get round to delivering!- running kit feeling just a little too tight!

Still have no clue on weather...
  • Options
    rio- love the bin bag trick...will remember that for Sunday!!
  • Options
    Weather seems to change on a daily basis at the moment. But looking warm and dry so far!
  • Options
    Hi all

Rather late to be joining a new forum I know but I thought you looked like a friendly bunch so what the heck !

I'm running for CWL for the second year in a row and aiming for sub 3:15 with a bit of luck. I've raised around £1500 but with gift aid that should add up to a couple of grand or so.

I hope the race goes well for you all and we get the weather we deserve after the months of training we've gone through ! Best of luck to all and see you at the start.

By the way, I'll be looking the way I do on my avatar but a touch fresher hopefully (number 1129) !!

NL
  • Options
    I'm off to London tomorrow, so I'll wish you all good luck now.

Let's all really encourage each other on the way around - watch out for those Mr Men vests!