Options

Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

Comments

• Options
    The weather copied from the met web page.

The 26th London marathon takes place this Sunday, 23 April. Met Office forecasters are predicting generally good conditions for the start of the race; however, the weather is likely to change during the day with rain later.

The elite runners are likely to miss the heaviest rain, but it will feel quite warm and humid, particularly in any bright spells. Thickening cloud is forecast to bring an increasing chance of rain through the day, some of which could be heavy.

• Options
    off to london.....good luck everyone !!!
  • Options
    It is all getting very exciting now, can't believe that after all those months of training - the big day is nearly here.

Good luck every one!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good Luck everyone
    See you at the start, on the way round or at the finish at the party!!

YOU CAN DO IT YOU KNOW YOU CAN!!!
  • Options
    Off to London tomorrow---

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

See you at the end!!!!
  • Options
    Good luck all !!!!

I shall be enviously spectating.

(I'll be back next year!)
  • Options
    give me a big shout as I go by Rick. Where are you going to be? Have you decided yet?
  • Options
    Good Luck everyone, off early in the morning. Expo about 12.30. Then languish in my hotel.
    Im staying at the Jury's Kensington.
    Hope to see some of you.
  • Options
    thanks rick-really sorry your not with us this year, but see you next year!!!
  • Options
    PS- just seen the weather forecast---RAIN,RAIN and more RAIN!!!!
  • Options
    Hello there having already secured a place I then decided to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia.

Best wishes to all, have a great day and enjoy it.
  • Options

morning to everyone and CONGRATULATIONS!!!- what an amazing day-wow-I loved it!! The atmosphere was fantastic, and the crowds were brilliant- I never want to eat another jelly baby/chewitt again!!!

Haven't slept a wink-as my legs are cripplingly painful and feet are falling apart with blisters and lifting toenails-but I want to do it again!

Sorry not to have met anyone at banqutting house after- had to get home to my baby-, but I went up to every CWL runner i met and said 'Hi!'- so if I accosted you-apologies!

My official time was 4.05.57 so thrilled!!

cANT WAIT TO HEAR HOW YOU ALL GOT ON!! WELL DONE TO EVERYONE!

• Options
    Fantastic Lindsay, Got a similar time myself, 4.04.57 how wierd is that. I have won the over 50 ladies record for my club, but would have liked a GFA place in under 4hours.

Was an amazing day, weather absolutly perfect, and I will be steering clear of lucozade, jelly babys, fruit pastilles etc. Still got a nasty taste in my mouth.

Anyhow feel fine this morning, off to work soon.
  • Options
    Congratulations to both of you on your times, Lindasy was it your first marathon?

Skip there's always next year for a GFA place.You get days like that, that's what makes the marathon unique.

I have to admit that i was getting certain pangs of regret while spectating, i'm sure if i'd ran though that i would have caused no end of further damage.C'est la vie!!!
    It's all out for a sub 2:55 next year.My only consolation is the fact that i am already in.
  • Options
    Hi skip -fab time well done, and no aches and pains!! congratulations!!Perhaps I saw you at the CWL meeting place after-I was one with 4 kiddies in red caps!(they were stealing all the Mars bars!)

Hi Rick- yes-first time, I only started running a year ago as a boozy bet on New Years eve, iand now I'm hooked!!- Really suffering with my legs today- walking like my granny, but definitely want to do it next year so see you there.. may even try for a sub 4(perhaps happy feeling is getting the better of me!)

Ps-whats a GFA place?
  • Options
    Lindsay- GFA is good for age. You have to complete a marathon in a certain time to get a guaranteed entry to the FLM.

My age group is sub 3:00 (last year i did 2:59:32), it should not be confused with the championship entry. Yoy have to be able to go sub 2:45 to qualify for that one.They are the people who line up behind the elite athletes at the start.

Well done on your time for your first marathon, you should be faster if you do it again next year.
  • Options
    Well done everyone. Great to see so many CwL vests out on the course again!

I managed 4:56:34 which was a bit slower than I would have liked. Was on target for 4:40 til mile 19 then it sort of went a bit wrong!
    But still a new pb by 29 minutes so cant complain too much and felt very good until mile 19. More to come on another day I reckon!
  • Options
    Rio-congratulations!!!! You always had it in you to do it, it was just a case of applying yourself. It would seem that your running club is providing you with the training that you need.

Tell me about 19 miles, that's when my wheels fell off last year. I went from 6:30's to 9:30's in one fell swoop. :o(
  • Options
    Hi folks - well done indeed to all. I don't think I was ever more than a few feet from another CWL vest!

I must have been near you at some point Rio, as I finished in 4:55:18. I also was on track to do 4:40 but found it tough from about 18 onwards - in fact, I found the whole thing harder than most of my traning runs - what's that about then? Anyhoo it was 80 mins off my previous attempt so gotta be happy with that! I reckon we all raised a massive amount for a brilliant cause - very, very well done to us!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone- well done! Walking like Douglas Bader in work today but no sympathy as half of them as superfit ultra runners. I made 4.28 with a stinking cold so quite pleased though dissapointed as I could have shaved 10 mins off with a bit more grit! Fabulous day though I found the narrow roads of the docklands difficult to run in - not helped by selfish groups running in lines and people texting their relatives! -amazing! Not impressed particularly as the pain started to kick in. What a great charity we ran for, so well organised - 3 cheers for caro and penny. Well done Skip Rio and Lindsay great times. Rio- I kept an eye out for your costume but no joy! Sorry I didnt see you all in Whitehall good shepherds pie :-)
  • Options
    not a regular on the message board but just a quick one to say many thanks to all at cwl for a great day. thanks for the ponchos at the start, the cheering on the way round and the becks at the reception. it was my first marathon and will definitely not be my last, i loved it. didnt cracked the 4hrs as planned due to cramp, but will be back again. thanks to all the families of the cwl runners for their inspiring support all around the course. whoever you were, you made all the difference, thank-you. 'til the next time, adieu.
  • Options
    Hello all...just popped in to say that I was thinking of you all yesterday..I couldn't come out to support you as planned as I had to go to Chester to attend the funeral of someone close to me, but watched the start on TV, cried (I was in your shoes last year!) and when I got to Chester I had time to do my first 5 mile run since I broke my ankle over Christmas - for a while there I was worried I'd never get any distance under my belt again but found my inspiration and that 5 miles was my own mini marathon!
    Congratulations to you all, hello to my friends from FLM05, and...I hope to return...!

Alex x
  • Options
    Hi All,

Just popped on to let you all know my time.

For 26.2 mile I did 4:15:44 on my Garmin 305.

The FLM which I measured @ 26.7 mile was 4:21:41.

That means I beat my PB by 1hr 12min 53sec.
    Last year I did 5:34:34.

I have two blisters which take up half of each foot.
    My ITB pulled really tight at 16 mile so had to stop every 2 mile to stretch it out. Had to walk the last 800m due to the ITB being to painfull.
    Apart from that I was pleased with the Time. I was on for a sub 4hr until 16mile. Not bad for the training I had not done.

Well done to you all some great times.

Alex - Well done with your run and lets hope you can be there next year.
  • Options
    Hello all,

Well done to all of you who have posted their times - excellent effort!

I beat my PB by around 5 mins, coming in at 4:53:40, so I was pleased, especially after an awful middle section of the race when I thought I was on for a 5 hour 40 time!

Well done again, everyone.
  • Options
    Fantastic everyone, lots of pb's. It was a fantastic day.

I feel a bit drained now, can't eat enough and I too am nursing big blisters on my feet at the base of my big toe. Collecting the blister plasters came in handy!!!!

Got to get myself fit to race on Sunday, just a 10k.
  • Options
    well done Octopus, Sammy, tobes duncan rio-fantastic times and wonderful memories- hobbling like I've been crushed by a mangle-but still on cloud 199!

definitely see you all next year and alex too!
  • Options
    well done to you all, i was thinking of you on sunday - me, well ironman uk is still calling!
  • Options
    WEll done Octopus! Wish I could have stayed with you but was shot at that point! Although I recovered shortly after when I was my mum and sis at Big Ben!

How did Jill do?

Anyone got a copy of race on dvd I could have a copy of please? bl**dy technology never works when you want it to!
    I am happy to pay costs or make a donation to charity!
  • Options
    Sammy! Big cheer- knocking over an hour off a pb is a great feat and you should be very happy with yourself! Just been out for a bacon sandwhich - first in a while - feels like the summer holidays after exams as far as food is concerned! walking like charlie chaplin today not Douglas Bader
  • Options
    Oh Sammy I forgot well done you!! You are an absolute star especially after all the trauma you had!!

Off for a nice little run/walk now