Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options
    i'm doing the gate gallop and the hearing dogs so will see a few of you at each

am hoping the family will come to the gate gallop to pick me up as i fall over the line and take me to food and drink

and drink

and drink

since i will not be driving

:-)
  • Options
    Sorry Caz, didn't know it was YOUR thread. Wouldn't have dared invade it if I'd realised that! I'll offset the £5 per character I owe you against the fine you owe me for NOT introducing me to Nibbs on Sunday. We'll call it quits then shall we?
  • Options
    aa - if you need more local-ish 10ks to do in June, there's one in Newport on 11th. Not sure if I've mentioned before anywhere?!?!?!
    (I'm not on commission!)
  • Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭
    SS - you have that long awaited mail :-)Oh alright then, get me a pint after run on Sun and quits it is!!
  • Options
    Well I might go for the Newport 10k ShropsS. I'm not as organised as all these others and haven't got my form in for the 2 Castles (deliberately, its a 9am start F.G.S.! 1pm sounds much more my cuppa tea.)

Otherwise, mine looks something like this:

May 15th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park
    May 22nd - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park
    May 29th - Gonna take Little Juicer up Snowdon in the train, cos she wants to 'be in a cloud'
    June 5th GMFR
    June 11th - Newport 10k
    June 12th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park?
    June 19th - Skills for the Hills course
    June 26th - Gate Gallop??
    July 3rd - Timberhonger 10k ??
    July 9th - Lyke Wake Race 42 HELP!

All being well.
    Might miss some/any of this to do some mega long days in the hills to train for Lyke Wake.
  • Options
    1pm, nice sunny day, plenty of nice pubs, carnival, shropshire countryside - really, what more could you want???

I do have a confession to make though - although I'm plugging the race wherever I can, I'm not around that weekend!! Running a little relay race from Caernarvon to Cardiff. Haven't told the guys at the club that I won't be there yet!!
  • Options
    ss: may enter the newport 10k - don't know how I'd feel doing a 10k on a sat and sun??

running caz: the saturday ones sound interesting? also does anyone do any weekday evening ones in sutton park at all?

May 15th - Bromsgrove Leukaemia
    May 22nd - Hearing Dogs
    May 29th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park?
    June 5th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park?
    June 11th - Newport 10k??
    June 12th - Two Castles
    June 19th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park?
    June 26th - Gate Gallop

• Options
    sorry should read:

May 15th - Bromsgrove Leukaemia
    May 22nd - Hearing Dogs
    May 29th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park?
    June 5th - Nice Little Run in Sutton Park?
    June 11th - Newport 10k??
    June 12th - Two Castles
    June 19th - Arden 9
    June 26th - Gate Gallop
  • Options
    looks like we'll be spending most of our weekends in June together aa ;-) As for the Sat runs Des and I often run 12:00 - 1:00 in the park, although I start from Wyndley slightly earlier and run around the park to meet him at 12:00. We wont be meeting this sat as its mini Caz's b-day but, and the Sat after that is the morning after the social so ????/ but defo the week after. Will let you know nearer the time.

Juicer - what are your plans for this Sun? Hill West is a 10:30 start so we could meet at jamboree for more miles at 11:20, although I can only keep going until 12:00 as kids will be in creche.
  • Options
    running caz: was nearly tempted by the wyre forest half marathon too but thought it better to leave my first one until the Lake Vwryny race to give me more time to train for it. Its gets very addictive this race entering business :)
  • Options
    aa - the Wyre Forst Half is a killer too. Not a good choice for your first one - You'd never enter one again!!
  • Options
    Careful RichK - apparently this thread BELONGS to RC, as I found out when I tried to "blatantly advertise" a race. Apparently you have to ask her permission ;-) I'm sure you'd be allowed to make this one posting though!
  • Options
    SS - Richk is allowed, just noy you ;-)
  • Options
    Think I deserved that :-(
  • Options
    Hey SS, no sad faces allowed on MY thread ;-) Advertise at will as there will be no Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park for a fair while by the looks of things.......

May 15th - Hill West + Nice Little Run in Sutton Park
    May 22nd Marashalling Cobra Classic
    May 29th Sons b-day
    June 5th GMFR
    June 12th Two Castles
    June 19th Arden 9 ??
    June 26th Gate Gallop
    July 3rd Timberhonger 10k ??
    July 10th Wyre Forest 1/2 mara

Know it's looking pretty similar for loads others.

From then on we're going to need a thread entitled "Hard Long Boring Training Runs for Amsterdam" :-)
  • Options

Blimey, I started something there didn't I? Anyway, this Sunday.

So those of us not doing Hill West, shall we meet at the visitors centre 10 or 10.30? Then meet up with the Hill Westers at jamboree at 11.20.

What do we reckon?
  • Options
    Hhhmmm, instructions off my osteopath to NOT run for 3 or 4 weeks. Not again!! Really this means 2 weeks. Just wondering whether last week counted as a rest week (only climbed one mountain and went for 2 little runs totalling 8 miles), and this week is definitely a rest week, as have done nowt.

Sunday's NLRISP is looking dubious.....
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Juicer - try my osteopath, he knows never to say "don't run"!! What did he/she say was wrong?
    On a different note - which mountain did you go up last week? Wish I was going up one now - weather's beautiful and work should be abandoned on days like these!
  • Options
    Oh Juicer!! I'd say leave it til next weekend to be on safe side :-(
  • Options
    Aaah, tell me about it SS... I've always got my head in the clouds, and am always looking at the calender trying to figure out when I can next get away. Imagine..... that clear air, the silence, the views..... aah.

Just went up Harter Fell on the Monday, which was a beautiful mountain with views over the Scafell massif which we had tried to do ALL OF on the Saturday (when I'd buggared my knee up!!) We'd got lost though, and failed miserably.

Osteopath thinks its just a minor strain of one of the cruciate ligaments, with the inflammation causing the problems. He knows that I hate hearing the 'R***' word, but he'll say it nonetheless :-(

I hear you shall be using my excellent B&B facilities shortly ;o)

• Options
    Yes that's very kind of you Juicer - I'm told B&B rates are reasonable:-)

Shall I make you jealous about getting out into the mountains? I'm off to Scotland on 26th for 10 days. Running a half marathon on the Saturday and then disappearing into the mountains in the far north west for a few nights.

Harter fell - very nice. Really, really wish I was there now. Haven't been out in the mountains since March when I was on High Street over near Haweswater on a beautiful sunny day with plenty of snow on the ground!

Strained cruciate ligament - ouch! Take it easy and hopefully it'll clear up.
  • Options
    Oh YOU! Now I am VERY jealous! I've hardly been on the Scottish mountains at all, and they look so much more dramatic!

Yes, was up in the Lakes at the beginning of March too (Ullscarf, High Raise) and there was a least a foot of snow. Had great fun making snow angels and doing somersaults in it :-)

B&B rates - a regaling with tales of mountain adventures will do me fine :o)
  • Options
    I was just thinking that - you and I are going to have some serious mountain conversations!
    "Hardly been on Scottish mountains"!!! The second person in a week to tell me that - I feel I'm on a mission to convert all proper mountain people to the far north west highlands - be warned!
  • Options
    Sounds like you should plan a trip SS, the 'URWFRC NLRISP group's trip to the Highlands'.

Which famous mountain groups are up in the NW? Any I would have heard of? My knowledge of Scotland leaves a lot to be learned (and desired!). I have been up Ben Nevis and part way up Beinn Durain.

I could seriously embark on a lifetime of Munro and Wainwright bagging........
  • Options
    I was thinking that! The URWFRC NLRISP trip to Scotland is leaving on the 26th of this month!! Good idea though - we'll plan something for the future.
    Famous mountain groups up in the far north - they're not that famous which makes then even better, less crowded. For what it's worth, there's the Fannichs, the Great Wilderness, Torridon and many others.
    Beinn Dorain - went up about 10 years ago, did that and Beinn an Dothaidh. Managed to navigate by compass in awful conditions.
    Ben Nevis - last did it when I was 6!! Entry accepted (I think!)for this year's Ben Nevis race - HELP!!!
  • Options
    The URWFRC NLRISP trip to Scotland would probably just be you and me, SS. I think the others think I'm slightly barking - especially when I regale them with tales of trudging around lost in mist and pouring rain 4 hours away from the nearest road! Have booked onto a navigation skills course in June to try and prevent such delights reoccurring.

I think I've heard of the Torridon, but not the others. The Great Wilderness sounds very 'real'.

The Ben Nevis Race. Flipping 'eck. Now you're completely barking!! (I'm secretly impressed though!). When is it? I've vaguely considered the International Snowdon Race. But Ben Nevis is half again as big, and a right buggar underfoot!!
  • Options
    I know I'm barking!! Entered in a rash (possibly drunken?) moment. The Snowdon race - I was thinking of doing that but haven't entered yet. It's in July and it's on TV apparently!! Are you still considering it? We could have a URWFRC NLRISP trip to do it!

URWFRC NLRISP trip to Scotland - "lost in mist and pouring rain....". What could be nicer? What is wrong with people who think that's not fun?!?!? Southern softies I suspect:-)
  • Options
    23rd July. It was LAST year that I was thinking of doing it. But now you've got me thinking about this year.

I could........

I've got a 42 miler (and I'm calling YOU barking!!) on the 9th - but as long as I don't pick up an injury I should be feeling well again by the 23rd.

HHHMmmmmmmmmmm? ponder ponder. Think I got up there in about 80mins when I WALKED in a hurry, shall have to have a look at last years results and see how 'last' I would be.
  • Options
    You would be nowhere near last judging by results. Judged on times of people whose names I recognise, I'd place myself in the 1.40-1.45 category.

Go on, you know you want to :-)

Then we'll work on getting some of the fair-weather runners on this forum to go as well!!