Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options

Elspeth, speyside way definitely of interest but think it clashes with perthshire highland marathon which I have already entered. But will check out.

Had a good wee run along the deeside way last night. Just 6 miles but that was a good start back after a week off since fling.

• Options

Evening allimage

Phew, just read back after not being able to get on here yesterdayimage Was starting to take it personally....image

57.5, I agree the Speyside Way is a nice wee Ultra. A bit of a sprint with a cheeky hill in the middleimage The Great Glen Ultra is being run as an invitational this year by the same guys who organise The Glenmore 24 & GO33. Looks greatimage

Resting tonight, Sciatica niggling again. Had some good runs this week with 10 on Monday and 8 last night....wearing shortsimageimage

• Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭

Mrs Mac - Speyside a sprint?!image Not for me it wasn't image But I really enjoyed it. Been wearing shorts for last few weeks here, not that it's warm but seems wrong not to in late April/May! Mighty white legs though!

Holidays/Cape Wrath for us next week. imageimage Getting excited. Whether I manage to finish any of the races or not is a question though!

Still mighty foggy up here, some sun across the water would be nice.

• Options

Another thought for FFB - Langdale marathon is the week before Loch Ness, much cheaper, no dreaded bus journey and mighty hilly (good ultra training).

• Options

Thanks for the Speyside info. Sounds like my next long race. Then the Great Glen Ultra next year if their test event goes well imageimage. Lairig Ghru sounds like an interesting possibility too.

Nice run there cragchick, but not my idea of fun as a race either. If you meet a lady running up near Califer it might be my new colleague. Living up near the top of a hill can't make for an easy warmdown at the end of your run!

• Options

Back to winter gear today  -cold, drizzly and misty here. Still an enjoyable run though.

• Options

morning

off out for a run now as it looks like the nice weather is curtailed to the morningimage

swim tonightimageimage

• Options

awww beautiful 8 miles this morning!!! soooooo lovely!! stuck mostly to 8 min/miles too, great run!!! Why more people weren't out this morning, I don't know, it's a beautiful morning!image

• Options

Morning Tri

Hills for me this morning. Cracking sunshine, though gone a bit cloudy now.

Younger son has Higher Modern Studies from 9-12 this morning.

• Options

birkmyre - what do you do for your hill training?

• Options

Nice morning here again today but set to change, I fear for next week.

• Options

Elspeth, I'm only kidding! I always struggle at Speyside for some reason. You'll have a ball at Cape Wrathimage

That's an 'interesting' refuelling strategy cragchickimage I'll be interested in hearing how the Lairig Ghru goes too, on my 'to do' listimage

You're running well UTCimage

Rested tonight again, still getting niggles. Suffered on and off with Sciatica for years, might need to go back and see about it though. Lots of miles planned  this weekend againimage

• Options

Mrs mac - hope it settles for your weekend. Anywhere nice?

CC - when is Lairg ghru?

Only one more day at workimage then CW here we come!

8.3 miles with our group tonight, even had 4 new men along. Sunshine for a change though still quite windy so it wasn't warm.

• Options

Great day for running today. And pretty good for clearing out the garage too. Everything in there is still covered in a layer of dirt form the dust storms.

• Options

Morning

Turbo this morning to try out my new road pedals/tri shoes. Although wish I'd gone out for a run because it looks lovely out and its to deteriorate as the day goes on.image

Excited about CW too now!!

Those races sound good CC!

Swim again tonight after work.

• Options

Good morning all,

I did a little three mile tempo run last night followed by a strength training session. I still can't figure our how lifting weights is going to make me faster but hey ho I'll do it anyway.

I do wish the weather would make its mind up. I am sick of carting my entire wardrobe around with me when I go out.

• Options

Morning all. Speed reps for me last night and drills. Not much speed though imageimage

When is the great glen way run and how long is it? My daughter walked it, but I cannot recall what the exact distance is.

Back to Glasgow this afternoon: yeh!!! imageimage

Not up in Aberdeen until Wednesday next week as it is baby FFBs 18th birthday on Tuesday image How did I manage that 2 baby FFBs 18 and the shortly 21. Plus me getting ancient: 50 image All the birhdays over the nect 5 weeks too image

• Options

Morning. I thought I'd posted on here earlier..DOH !

Lee Anne: I do a mile (roughly) easy to warm up and down. Then just run hard up a hill with jog back down recovery. I've never exactly measured this hill.                    Might do so tomorrow by pacing it. I used to do 14, at the moment I'm on 8. There a another longer hill in the other direction. it has a footpath to the top and is harder.Ii'll do that when I'm fitter. I reckon I could only do 1 or 2 at the moment

To all the Cape Wrathers; Aw ra best.

• Options

Have a ball Cape Wrathersimage

• Options

Good luck everyone going to Cape Wrath image.

• Options

Thanks folks!imageimage Busy packing my four seasons in a day wardrobe! Lesson from last year is you can't take too many pairs of trainers.

Not off until tomorrow lunchtime.

• Options

Huh been raining on and off since mid-day !

• Options

It was pretty rotten by 4.30pm along the coast cragchick. Got totally soaked on the run home!

Great Glen Way is 79 miles I think. I've only done the northern bit myself.

• Options

Cragchick...enjoy the 'bimble' for the 3 miles after Shiel Bridge!.....

• Options

Wet one  here. Dreich with lots of smiry rain

4 easy miles. Legs heavy