Options

Rotterdam 2006

Comments

• Options
    I am hoping I'n the night Garden' comes on so I can get a quiet cup of tea in and more than 2 minutes space
  • Options
    How is the rug rat doing Maddy?
  • Options

Hello

I have a terrible combination of allergies after my cocktail party last night (yes, Paul, I know I didn't invite you, but none of you ever come anyway! image

It was my postponed girlie Christmas party, and people were really up for it. Cocktail dresses and curly hair or an up do. Everyone made a real effort. There were twenty of us and it ended up a bit of a Mama Mia party. I hope the neighbours weren't getting too sick of Abba songs! The last of them left at 5am....

Its played havoc with my training though, I meant to get out yesterday but the canapes and setting up the party took longer than I thought. I'm trying to decide if I could possibly feel well enough to get out at any point today. 

• Options

Evening sounds like a great party Phys and one day training disturbance isn't a problem

Paul Rugrat was despatched back to mother happy and smiling and she had to have a nap before then which Little bro was pleased with - apparently tiring her out that much is a good thing

• Options
    Shame about that phys, we were all free last night too.
    I can do curly hair and cocktails image
  • Options

Paul, are you sure you have enough hair to do curly hair? image

Maddy, have you thought about a babysitting service? You can have 5 of those little ones and get paid £5 an hour for each one...

Sounds like a great party Phys, I hope you have left todays exercise for another day...

We went out for a fell run... just under three hours and quite cold and icey, especially on the exposed bits, but great. 17.5 kms, 1150 metres of ascent. The longest I have run since doing in the ankle. I admit, I can feel it a little now, so that is clearly my limit at the moment... Had to go slower than normal as well, to accomodate icey patches and the fact that the ankle is still quite stiff and not entirely back to its old strength.

50 mile bikeride tomorrow... let's hope it will be warmer... it was -3 this morning and went down to -10 last night!

• Options

Evening

5 at once Hanneke!! no way

I have now set my sky plus to record a few episodes of 'In the Night Garden' so I can distract her when I need to recharge

• Options

Paul - it was girls only as well, though would defnintely have let you join in if you'd made the effort to curl your hair and put on a cocktail dress!

Exercise has been left until tomorrow as I've just been asleep on the sofa for nearly 3 hours! I hope I can still manage to sleep tonight. I've got a mountain bike ride on Ilkley Moor planned for tomorrow. From the way the forecast is looking now it'll blow the cobwebs away! 

It must've been cold on that run Han. I think the combination of the after effects of the party and the cold would have made me too wheezy to run today amyway!

• Options
    Sounds like gender and hair discrimination to me.
  • Options
    17.5k in 3 hours H, are you sure you were running? image
  • Options

Morning

I remeber doing 18 miles in just over 3 hours once - those were thee days

• Options
    Morning

Recovery run with mrs a planned this morning.
  • Options
    8 miler done, 52 miles for the week - on schedule so far.
  • Options
    <opens thread door and kicks out errant tumbleweed>
  • Options

Evening!

Today was a LOT milder, but even windier for our bikeride. NO ice on the road, thankfully, and 65 hilly kms completed in 2.5 hours image

T and I are now well and truely knackered, as yesterdays run was quite tough and quite a step up for both of us (especially me) and for T the ride today was quite a stepup as well. I bet he is asleep on the train now image

• Options

Morning.

It has been quiet on here!

I too did a very, very windy bike ride yesterday. We, ridiculously, went to the top of IIkley Moor where you could barely stand up let alone ride a bike. There was a fair bit of mud too, but it was good fun. 

Now I'm just back in from an 8 mile run. Ave pace 9:26min/mile, however up unitl the last mile and a half the average was under 9min/mile, the final bit was uphill through a very muddy field, it was more like uphill skating than running! Those were 10 and 11 minute miles... So overall for the first proper run of my training I'm quite pleased. 

• Options
    Well done phys, did that double your mileage for the year?

Schedule was for a rest day today but need to do a bit of juggling with the training this week so did a 12 miler instead..........nearly the same.
  • Options
    Now for the juggling, do you think balls or clubs?
  • Options

Entertaining yourself on here Paul? Definitely balls every time image

Yearly mileage......erm......  Running? 5+4+today's 8 so not quite doubled it, but not far off!! 

It was always going to be difficuly getting started before the cocktail party was over. All big social events are done for the near future. I am working next weekend which is a bit of a pain. I am going to get into proper training though, not competing with your mileage Paul, or your metres climbed Han. I just take a bit to get myself into it! 

• Options
    I'm crap at keeping a mileage total. If I just post on here are you going to keep tabs Paul?!
  • Options
    OK - I am going to have a go. Is it easy....?
  • Options
    Very, just register as a new user and you can use the Training tab to 'Add new training'. It is similar to the RW one that nobody uses because it isn't very good. Fetch is also a very social site.
  • Options
    Look out for Hanneke, Poppy and I, plus there are bound to be lots of others local to you. They do have a box to tick if you are an axe murderer so you can avoid those people image
  • Options
    Well - i think I've done it. Does that mean you lot can all see my training log? Its not looking very impressive at the moment. Hopefully that'll change in the next couple of months....
  • Options
    You can hide or show your training and training plan, but I think you appear on the League regardless. There is a good Buddy system and that is how you control who can see what.
    H is the expert on Fetch as you will see from her ridiculously high post count.
  • Options
    Hopefully I have just made phys a buddy or I am inadvertently stalking some other poor 'phys' on Fetch.
  • Options

Oh goodness, its all sounding a bit complicated. Its not one of those sites where you can get poked and throw things at people is it?!

I've got you buddy message, but don't know what to do with it! I'll have to spend a bit of time messing about.

Off to bed now, I've got to fit in a long days work, a short run and a date tomorrow! 

• Options

Phys, no we don't poke people, it is just a great train ing tool and if you like the forum is very social and often quite zaney!

I shall make you a buddy too...

Paul, juggling, definitely balls, I thought you liked Paula's book???

I am in London for an art fair by the way, but have internet in the evenings, where I am staying, which is good!

I may or may not do some running, it has to be in Hyde Park, as that is the nearest green space, and will involve pavement and tarmac to get there, before I can do the illegal thing and run on the grass image

Phys, I think you have run more than me this year image

• Options

Morning

<<sulks>>