Options

Stamford Striders St Valentine 30k

Comments

• Options
    Pratintights, yes to both - the race is mainly on fairly quiet back roads, and you can accompany the runners on a cycle provided you don't obstruct anybody or put yourself at risk, (but I'm sure you have too much common sense for that).

You can also take a shortcut down the drift from the Carlby Road to Pickworth, and back into town from the corner in Great Casterton.....but get hold of a map if you want to do this - we wouldn't want you getting lost now would we :o))

Sorry to hear you're not fit to run yourself, but I'm sure your mates will appreciate the support!

Strider
  • Options
    Rob Craig; yes, we have your entry safely mate; I see you entered on the 1st of Feb....it'll prob'ly arrive tomorrow or Wednesday

But if you haven't heard from us by Thursday give us a ring - we can always make arrangements for you to pick up another number at the late entries desk if the worst comes to the worst

Strider

• Options
    Valenteenies the time is almost here hope you have all trained well for the race ,hoping for some kind weather any weather experts out there that can give us a prediction?have a safe journey to Stamford and i wish you all have a great race.
    your lovable Race Director
    Algie
    xxx
    love running love the 30k
  • Options
    As much as i loved the 30k when we were there in 2003,

We can't make it this time

We have Brands Hatch half on Saturday, and Wokingham half on Sunday

But you all have a marvellous time

Mick n Phil Marathon Lads,

Who just LOVE RUNNING !!
  • Options
    According to BBC weather, the forecast for Sunday in Stamford is light SW wind, a bit of cloud, and up to 8C. Sounds like good running weather to me.

All I've got to cope with now is running 30k - and I'm getting a bit nervous about that, it's further than I've run for a couple of years.

Can't do hyperlinks, but this is the weather forecast site ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3062
  • Options
    I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast too, and so far so good - it looks like great running weather. 5 more miles for me tonight and then that's it until Sunday morning. Feeling excited now...
  • Options
    Billo

Will look out for you on Sunday.

I'll be in a white long sleeved top and grey shorts(number 400)

Weather looks like it might be slightly warmer than Folsworth judging by threads above

• Options
    John

Number 179, may try a race with the Camelbak for the first time.

I'm still planning on 3 x 45mins 10Ks.

• Options
    Hi all you valentine runners
    The course is all marked, everything is ready for you. We are really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be running as have been poorly again all week. But I will be there to cheer you all on. I`ll be around the race HQ or the car park so hope I`ll get to meet you. Come and say hello.

Have a good run everyone - fingers crossed the weather stays as good as today.

Love running.... love the 30K
  • Options
    Looking forward to this event treating it as a training run in build up to London, first 30km.
    Dont think we are going to get away with the weather, has forecast rain for the morning, Infact its raining here (Burton on trent) already.
    Hope to see one or two of you in the morning will be running in my club vest (Hatton Darts).
    Good luck all.
  • Options
    What a fantastic race. To be honest the hills didnt bother me too much. Fabulous scenery and so well organised. Thanks to all the marshalls who encouraged everyone all the way.
  • Options
    loved the km markers. felt like they were dropping away rather quickly. Ah and how sweet they were love hearts. Fantantastic all round race!
  • Options
    Saturday

Gruelling Brands Hatch Half 2.26

Sunday

Wokingham half 2.07

Bliddy tired now though !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Fantastic race, fantastic day - I barely noticed the hills! And the rain drifted away to a nice drizzle - just enough to keep you cool without feeling cold and wet.

I loved the heart-shaped km markers, which seemed to fly by, and a big thank you to the big gang of marshals just after 24km, where there was a righthand turn off into a narrow country lane - they were dancing and singing along to a car radio and gave me a real cheery boost just as the legs were startng to feel it. Even the muddy field wasn't as bad as I had feared, and the gentlemen who lied to me and told me I was looking very fresh as I crossed the line was much appreciated. Nice to have smaller T-shirts on offer too.

One of the best races I have done I think - a big thumbs up to all involved and I'll see you next year.
  • Options
    Fantastically well organised race yet again - that's why we do it every year!

And how do they keep the marshalls so cheery? It was bad enough running in the wind and rain for more than two hours, let alone be standing around in it!

Anyway, had a good run. Did 2.17, which was ten minutes better than last year, and six minutes better than my previous best for this course.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.
  • Options
    Yeah well organised and smiling marshalls,too.

Finished 2:01:06, would have been great to get under the 2 hours but i did get 1st MV45 so smiles all round.
  • Options
    Mango...

Good time and big congrats on winning MV45 good day at the races for you.

It is a tough course but a nice one none the less. Must say...the marshalls were great especially in the cold rainy conditions...but the whole race organisation was very good.

Two years ago I ran 2-03 somethink.. this year ran 1-58-59 I think. Did not stop for the results or prizes as I had to get back home.

So I'm very pleased with my time as it was a benchmark for FLM. It was a pb for me as i've just reached a new vet category MV50. So there's two happy Vets.

Well done to all the runners and thanks to the organisers.
  • Options
    well organised race, good rural route and excellent marshalls especially the one who came after me with a drink in his car as i missed at the drink station.i must have looked very lonely out in 5th place.
    being 1st MV40 made the day even better
    great race
    thanks
  • Options
    As usual very well organised and very well marshalled with plenty of drink stations.

Found the last 5K tough going but managed to hang on and finish in 2.06

Billo-Great to see you at the end and make sure your at Milford on March 5th for the 21 mile cross country!!

Thanks to all at Stamford Striders

• Options
    Excellent race, Great marshalls but the group at 24km tell lies I dont look good on the start line never mind after this distance!
    Thought people were having a laugh saying it was hilly, It certainly was, Cant remember a long flat bit all route.
    Would certainly look to do again.
  • Options
    Very good well organised race, well done Stamford.

Found myself surprisingly comfortable most of the way round until the hills from 25k to 28k, that seemed very hard work.

Thanks to the party people at 24k, really made me smile.

I was aiming for 8 min miles all the way round as it was my longest run since I did London as a teenager. Managed a bit quicker than that and finished in 2h 27m 45.

Well done to all the LERC'ers too. Starting to make a name for the club with the good results and good turn outs!!
  • Options
    Really enjoyable race. Set off really conservatively as I was a bit apprehensive having run a nightmare 8 miler only two days previously. However plenty of rest and carbohydrates seemed to do the trick.

I ran 2:41, which was 10 minutes faster than last year. What was more pleasing was that I finished feeling fairly strong. Last year I was dead on my feet!

Echo the sentiments about the marshalls. It can get cold marshalling a 10K, never mind a 30K. Thanks everyone.

A really well designed T-shirt too!
  • Options
    well well well valenteenies was that not a corker of a race ,well done to each and every one of you that ran,we appreciate all your kind remarks about the race ,the whole club and helpers around 80 of us work hard to make this race one of britians best so please vote again we think we deserve it.I am stepping down as race director and have enjoyed the last three years and have handed the famous yellow tie to the next Director John Bryan a great guy with many miles in his legs who will look after you all.
    goodbye love you all
    Love Running Love the 30k
    xxxxxx
  • Options
    algie audas..

well done on all your hard work and the effort you have put in. Its a great race.

Enjoy your retirement!! Well earned.

When will the results be on the web?

TR
  • Options
    Loved the 30k.

Thanks Stamford for putting on a great event. Marhsalls and organisation as a whole were excellent. I like the race profile on the back of the t-shirt. It looks like the Himalayas !

Looking forward to seeing the results in print.
  • Options
    Pitty we could not make it,

we would have hammered it !!
  • Options
    Anyone know when the results will be posted and the web site for photos?
  • Options
    Hi folks
    Results should be posted by tomorrow: I have sent them to Running Babe to put on the Striders' own website, plus they have gone to John Schofield at ukresults.net; give them time to upload them, please, but they will hopefully be on by tomorrow.

There is a pending query on the Ladies team results so those have not been released yet.

I've also done the St Valentines Pairs results and hope to have them in presentable format in a couple of hours, but since I am fairly sleep deprived atm may not get them off until tomorrow - apologies for any delay, but I'm sure you would rather have accurate confirmed results!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it makes the effort worthwhile, and well done to everybody who finished! Commiserations to the few who I know had to pull out for one reason or another, and hope you will be back running stronger than ever soon

Strider
  • Options
    Thanks to all those involved with the race yesterday, especially those out on the course. Marshalling long races can mean standing around for a long time. Their enthusiasm was appreciated.

I could have done with some of what the 24K marshals had been taking to make those last hills easier.

Can't say that I've run a tougher course. All the more satisfying to have finished it. Roll on London

Thanks to Jane from Coventry for the company. London will be a lot easier than Sunday.