Options

Le Touquet 2006

Comments

• Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    ...and it would have to be top of the page wouldn't it! :)
  • Options
    the same as always...grey
  • Options
    Friggin 'eck (about the cost of the certificates not the knickers!)

£120 is a lot! Hmmm, will try calling the doctors and see what they say and then decide.

Thanks again for all the hints and tips!

Jelly Bean - it is only fair that you get the ball rolling with the colour of your pants...
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Graphite...they were black, I think, but they've faded...it's the wee!
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Laura is that silky satin grey or accidentally boiled with the donkey jacket grey? :)
  • Options
    Still incontinent Jelly? I wouldn't worry about it sweetness, perfectly normal at your age! ;)
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Hello Rach, I just thought I'd take a peak on here before I go out. How's it going?

Yep I'm still dribbling I'm afraid, I just tell people it's over excitement! :)

What do you mean 'at your age' , I'm in damh good shape for a man of 79!
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    dribblin' down water yer leg is nuffink, Jells - it's when yer colostomy bag is full up and starts dribblin' you've got problems, kidda..
  • Options
    Hope everyone's in good form. I'm battling a foot injury at the moment but should hopefully have it sorted for LeT.

I had an authentic doctor's certificate done in 2004 (cost me £5) and have just tweaked the date as required since then.

Looking forward to this :)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Just received a speedferries E offering a day return for £44 on 2 July.

Is anyone else doing this one for sure? (don't wanna be Billy No Mates for a whole day)
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Snoop, the race is on the first of July.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    good spot! It's £94 for a day earlier - OK - looks like it's the Bewl 15 in deepest Kent for me then.

Someone else can be Billy (or Wilhelmena) No Mates instead.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Aww, go on Snoop, it'll be fun - you won't lack for company judging by the posts on this thread, and it'll probably rain in Kent.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    As Speedferries are out (just as well, they cancelled my midnight return last year when I got to the port, and the next one was 48 hours later - you have been warned!!), I checked Eurotunnel to Calais - they have a £49 day return, but want to know if I want to take a ferret with me? (Honest!!)

what's that all about?
  • Options
    So is that a ferret as well as me or instead of?

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    dunno, it didn't mention humanns - just dogs, cats and ferrets - now I just know you lot don't believe that a word I'm saying has any truth in it, but I kid you not! Check it out for yourself by making a dummy booking.

anyway, I thought there was a rabies law still in operation!
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Very bizarre - perhaps they've had requests to carry ferrets before, and, and, and I can't think of any reason why they would ask that!

I thought maybe something had got lost in translation, so I Babelfished. Ferret in French means 'tag', so that doesn't explain it.
  • Options
    Animals can travel as long as they have a passport from the vet!
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    right then!

I've got to take my cat up to the vet's this w/e to have her injections, so I'll ask if he can give me a passport for my polecat.

I just hope it's a quicker process than applying thru the passport office at Petty France - that takes six weeks at this time of the year!
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    hey - tell Jelly to make sure he doesn't have any metal objects on him when he passes through the baggage check - would be embarrassing if they find his colostomy bag when they do a body search.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Huh - that would just have to be TOTP!
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Apparently, "like the other members of the Mustelid family, ferrets are lively, fun-loving creatures with a highly developed sense of curiousity". They'll fit right in with the forumites, then.

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    I'll bow to your greater knowledge of all things Mustelid then, W.

Who says you waste time surfing the RW forums? You learn something noo every day!
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I say, Snoop. I've learned things on this site that I had never reaslised I needed to know.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    yes, I have had quite an edukashun from the forum since I first logged on.

it doesn't tell you everything though - I wanted to learn what the translation was for the word 'hello' in the Klingon language, but a forum search failed to locate it.

but as they say in Klingon, "Sov qawHaq tlhab" ;)
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Babelfish no help there Snoop?
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Well, I've not missed much here! How is everyone?
  • Options
    Hello, was about to email you. I haven't been around much as I'm moving offices at the mo and have had no play time for ages! I'm sooooo looking forward to our little weekend away after all the recent work madness. Not sure how well the actual running part will go though. Died on my @rse during my 10k on Sunday, mind you the organisers didn't help us much running out of water with the temps in the mid 30s here at the mo! Still, at least I'm getting acclimatised for the glorious weather I'm sure we'll have at Le T! :)

How are we all?
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Hello Rach, just checked my e-mail, nothing there. I got back from Barcelona in the early hours of Sunday....I seem to have added a few pounds...I don't think I'll be 'racing' exactly in Le T! :)

It rained so much this morning that I couldn't work so went for a run, 6.5 off road miles, spent a lot of time standing at the corners of fields wondering where the public footpath had gone. Came back caked in mud and grass seed!

Are you still moving offices!!?.....it's not brick by brick is it?

I am very much looking forward to Le T and a few days off-and I hope to god the weather is good. :)

You can send me an e-mail when you get time. :)

ps. have you got to move the foundations as well!? :)
  • Options
    Well done on the run. I must try to get out early tomorrow. Having a hard time dragging myself out of bed these days though!

Doing the actual physical move over the weekend but been busy with prep and installations and stuff the last month or two. It's been great fun acting as translator between the French and UK 'puter bods. Like I know what I'm talking about.....??!!!!

Anyway, loads of stuff to tell you when I see you next. I shall leave you on tenter hooks for now ...... !! ;)