Options

Pirate Records, Rankings and Shieldholders

Comments

• Options
    Someone call FB - surely he'd be proud of a TOTP like that one.
  • Options
    Lots of times, im still recovering, hence im on cold turkey from perving
  • Options
    it was quite a good one but it doesnt get you any further up the rankings
  • Options
    I still think it was only 6 turns but ill give her one for the benefit of doubt.

• Options
    please dont give me one. Nobody deserves that no matter how naughty they've been.
  • Options
    Other pirate records..

Pool handstand - Firestar
    100m (in 5m pool) - Oxy
    Somersaults - Firestar (7)
    Press Ups - Debbo (10)
  • Options
    Other pirate records..

Pool handstand - Firestar
    100m (in 5m pool) - Oxy
    Somersaults - Firestar (7)
    Press Ups - Debbo (10)
    Holding breath underwater - Oxy
  • Options
    I dont remember the last one, did you have your foot on his head
  • Options
    Boinging this with the exciting news that there are two FANTASTIC new shields to be added to this year's championship in Austria next month (well, tbh they are as crap as the other two, but there ya go)

First, there is BEST WOMAN. Back in the day there were only 2 or 3 girlies, but now there are loads, so mellifera thought it was only fair to add a women's trophy. Esp as she will probably win it.

Second, there is BEST IMPROVER. This is biggest increase in overall % finisher position. It will be a nightmare to work out, so I decided that Barley can do it. If you think you're in contention, bring a printout of your result in your previous ironman, and hand it to Carl at the booze up. DNFs count (if they quit, you beat them!)

and don't forget to sign up for the 2008 extravaganza, IM France 2008, which will be bigger and better than ever

(or maybe smaller and worse; who can say?)

HALL OF FAME (Record holders)

Men:
    IM Multi-parrot Admiral Rosey (9:56) [previous - Rosey; 10:30]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM Pirate King Blackbeard Candy Ollier (about 55 hours or something)
    Deca ---
    Women:
    IM Captain Monique (11:4X) [previous - Monique; 11:5x]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM ---
    Deca ---

SHIELD HOLDERS (until the next official annual Pirate IM competition - IM Austria 2007)

Fastest Finisher 145
    2006 = Admiral Rosey
    2005 = Junior Pirate Count

Best Novice 145
    2006 = Semen Ergo
    2005 = Semen Barlist

The Rank system. On a points basis, where only IM distance or longer counts for points. Its not a knitting club. 1 point per IM finish. 1 bonus point for doing the extra hard ones (norseman, lanzarote and [but only if you get in by the honourable route, qualification] hawaii). 2 points for double IM finish. 3 points for Triple, 5 points for Deca. 1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above). 1 bonus point for becoming "reasonably competent" (i.e. the first time you crack 12 hours). 1 bonus point for becoming "outstanding" (i.e. the first time you crack 10 hours). -1 point for a DNF (its not a quitting club). Note that if you miss cut off but still finish the course (even if it takes 20 hours) then you still get the point.

ranks

-1 plank
    0 landlubber
    1 scurvey dog
    2 seaman
    3 junior pirate
    4 pirate
    5 2nd mate
    6 1st mate
    7 commander
    8 captain
    9 admiral
    10 admiral (2 parrots)
    11 admiral (3 parrots) etc
    15 pirate king blackbeard
  • Options
    [Cough]

Boinging this with the exciting news that there are two FANTASTIC new shields to be added to this year's championship in Austria next month (well, tbh they are as crap as the other two, but there ya go)

First, there is BEST WOMAN. Back in the day there were only 2 or 3 girlies, but now there are loads, so mellifera thought it was only fair to add a women's trophy. Esp as she will probably win it.

Second, there is BEST IMPROVER. This is biggest increase in overall % finisher position. It will be a nightmare to work out, so I decided that Barley can do it. If you think you're in contention, bring a printout of your result in your previous ironman, and hand it to Carl at the booze up. DNFs count (if they quit, you beat them!)

and don't forget to sign up for the 2008 extravaganza, IM France 2008, which will be bigger and better than ever

(or maybe smaller and worse; who can say?)

HALL OF FAME (Record holders)

Men:
    IM Multi-parrot Admiral Rosey (9:56) [previous - Rosey; 10:30]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM Pirate King Blackbeard Candy Ollier (about 55 hours or something)
    Deca ---
    Women:
    IM Captain Monique (11:4X) [previous - Monique; 11:5x]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM ---
    Deca ---

SHIELD HOLDERS (until the next official annual Pirate IM competition - IM Austria 2007)

Fastest Finisher 145
    2006 = Admiral Rosey
    2005 = Junior Pirate Count

Best Novice 145
    2006 = Semen Ergo
    2005 = Pirate Barlist

The Rank system. On a points basis, where only IM distance or longer counts for points. Its not a knitting club. 1 point per IM finish. 1 bonus point for doing the extra hard ones (norseman, lanzarote and [but only if you get in by the honourable route, qualification] hawaii). 2 points for double IM finish. 3 points for Triple, 5 points for Deca. 1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above). 1 bonus point for becoming "reasonably competent" (i.e. the first time you crack 12 hours). 1 bonus point for becoming "outstanding" (i.e. the first time you crack 10 hours). -1 point for a DNF (its not a quitting club). Note that if you miss cut off but still finish the course (even if it takes 20 hours) then you still get the point.

ranks

-1 plank
    0 landlubber
    1 scurvey dog
    2 seaman
    3 junior pirate
    4 pirate
    5 2nd mate
    6 1st mate
    7 commander
    8 captain
    9 admiral
    10 admiral (2 parrots)
    11 admiral (3 parrots) etc
    15 pirate king blackbeard
  • Options
    shall we have a friendly wager on the winners? fantasy pirate league.

here's my go:

best man: Mr M
    best girl: Mrs Mr M
    best improver: Barlos (the lanza factor!)
    most piratey: meldy
  • Options
    you were only semen at the time, change it back!
  • Options
    all hail PIRATE barlist. he's such a stud.

anyway, surely it's your rank when you win it that counts??
  • Options
    best man: Mr M
    best girl: Mrs Mr M
    best improver: crashie
    most piratey: meldy
  • Options
    yes, what oxy said
  • Options
    THere isn't actually a shield for 'best man'. it's for 'fastest'.

So if Mellifera (or whoever) can beat Mr M, she gets both 'best girl' AND 'fastest'.

unless you want to be all PC and have 'fastest' and 'fastest of opposite gender to overall fastest'.

• Options
    Please tell me I dont have to collect my winnings orally
  • Options
    can i have crashie too? i didn't see him standing there behind carl.
  • Options
    OK, sorry ergo, you are of course right dear

fastest pirate: Mr M
    fastest girl pirate: Mrs Mr M
    best improved pirate: crashie
    most piratey pirate: meldy
  • Options
    What about a clydesdale award?
  • Options
    what about going on a diet?
  • Options
    but seriously, 4 is enough, and everybody can go for at least one if they are into that sort of thing. we never wanted too many, but the two we had probably didn't do justice to the competitive people.
  • Options
    Just adding myself to this thread so I can keep track!
  • Options
    I think I'm in the running for best novice this year. :)
  • Options
    I think you need to be in Austria KK !!
  • Options
    I do? Damn.....so much for that. That'll teach me to do an IM by myself won't it! lol
  • Options
    Oh wait. I meant to say.....

BUGGER!
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    fastest pirate: Mr M
    fastest girl pirate: Gumps
    best improved pirate: crashie
    most piratey pirate: meldy
  • Options
    lol. i think us girls should pool our resources and create a super-woman for next year who can win everything!!