Options

Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• Options
    NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    3:25:02 on my watch. 3:24:59 official get in. Fell apart a bit last 10k but over the moon with time. Legs were in bits at the end but much better now I've had a shower. Will report properly later. Hope everyone else had a good run too.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Had a shocker.Positive is I finished which I wasn't sure I could do even until this morning.
    Everything was going OK, went through 30k at 2:43 so still had a minute to spare for the 3:50 I'd set myself,all fine until 22 miles,a woman tripped over right in front of me so I had to hurdle over her,I caught her and fell,then we helped each other up,but as I got up I felt the muscle under the inner shin didn't feel good and a pain just below my hip ive never had before.As I tried to set off both my legs cramped up badly,and they'd been fine when running all day.Tried to jog on but was in too much pain,debated dropping out but decided to walk/hobble the last 4 miles,tried to run a couple of times but my body had basically gave up,did manage a little run up to the finish but was in real pain by this time.
    So annoyed as,while I was slowing a little I was still feeling good and had a bit in the bag for the end.
    Finished in 4:29,so 5 nuns slower than last year when I ran the whole way.off home to sulk now ;-) 
    Just checked my splits and I was 24 mins quicker today than at the 30k last year and I blew up quite a bit last year as it was my first.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Great running Nick, and a very good PB.

Ian5 - So sorry your race went wrong at 22 miles, but not your fault.   Don't sulk, you finished and what happened to you was an accident, nothing you could have done to stop that happening.   It's a hazard in races with lots of runners.   I just hope that any injuries you have will heal in a few days.   Any incident like that is likely to set off cramping and so hard to be able to get back into your stride.   You did well to continue to the finish.
  • Options
    mowzermowzer ✭✭✭
    Big G - lovely holiday  B)

Nick - well done, great time  :)

Ian - well done for finishing. Sounds like you were going really well until the 'incident' - and nothing you could do about that. Just take the positives from the race (and sign up for another one  ;))

Shades - sorry to hear about your DNS and on-going injury. Seems like you are being very professional though with recovery plans. 
  • Options
    mowzermowzer ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I've had a bit of a setback. Run on Friday was going really well (even if very, very slow) until about 4 miles in. 10 minutes before I had stopped on the top of a hill (nicknamed by the local running club as 'top of the world') to watch 3 red kites doing their aerial display and was really happy. Then the pain in my foot returned and I had to hobble home. Was very bad on Saturday - hurt to walk and the swelling had returned - so I went to the local minor injuries clinic. Nurse wouldn't x-ray it as she said it wasn't a stress fracture (being in the wrong place) and it doesn't hurt to poke it (although it did hurt when she twisted my foot  :s) Said it is tendon problem, which is what I originally thought and just needs more rest. Recommended taking painkillers regularly though as when it was painful to walk on I was twisting the foot and the leg and making other bits hurt. 

Today I just went out for a walk around local footpaths and woods. Stopped to talk to a few dog walkers, saw first bluebells of the year, watched some squirrels and saw a little bird climbing up a tree (I think it was a tree creeper). I must follow Shades example and set out exercises and 'training' plan - instead of just hoping it will get better overnight  :/
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    mowzer - so sorry to hear you've had a setback to your injury recovery.   Stress fractures often don't show on x-ray anyway even when they've started to heal.   Did the nurse strap it up for you?

I'm fortunate to have a friend I call my running guru.  He's a coach and a sports therapist and helps me out when I need advice on an injury.   He helped me recover from my hamstring origin injury, for that he sent a list of the most extreme and odd stretches that I had to try and do and report back, apparently if I'd have failed the list I would have needed surgery.  I passed and he gave me a recovery plan, hamstring origin injury takes a long time to heal but luckily it did heal and without any residual problems.  I try and not to bother him too often.

I haven't seen any bluebells out yet just the leaves, I expect they'll be out after this weekend although not as warm here as you've had in your area.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Mowzer-Sorry to hear about your setback.Did they give you a time frame on how much rest?
  • Options
    mamafoxmamafox ✭✭✭
    Nick - Well done on a great PB  :)

Ian - Blimey! That was an eventful marathon!! Did that woman end up carrying on running as well? You must be disappointed but you did so well to just keep going. Mentally that must have been tough too. As has been said.. enter another marathon asap!

((Mowzer)) - I am sorry to hear about your setback, just when you thought it was improving too. You have my sympathies if it's a foot tendon problem (said with feeling). Any chance you can see someone like Shades' guru for a proper diagnosis and recovery plan?
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Ian - That's an eventful marathon! Well done for keeping on going!
    ((Mowser)) - I'd like to wrap you in cotton wool.
    Nick - Well done on the PB

I managed a tempo/easy run today and i'm fully embracing the taper :hushed:
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well, after Ian's mishap and everyone's injuries (thank goodness for Nick's PB - well done mate!) I did at least fare a bit better.
    I decided to try and 10 minute mile for as far as I could and was actually managing to run a bit quicker than that for a good way, but that all dried up after mile 14. I'm not sure why as I can run a half at sub-9 pace, but anyway, my splits started dropping there after. After 16 I fell outside of my goal pace (10:15) and got progressively slower, 10:40s and 50s and mile 23 was 11:08. But, the main thing is, I did not stop or walk. I told myself, the quicker I ran, the sooner I'd finish, and I even found a little kick for the final bit. Which is just as well as I squeaked under my goal time at 4:29:29.

One of the nice things - I'm a RW subscriber (got the cheap deal thing at Christmas) and read the reasons for running London piece. As I was on my way to the start I recognised the name of one of the guys, Haroon Mota, so I asked him if he was in RW and we had a nice chat. Poor guy is doing Brighton, Boston and London in memory of his dad - I really hope he pulls it off.
    I just can't believe I signed up to Liverpool and have to do this all again, but with hills, more heat and possibly wind. Gah!
  • Options
    JugulaJugula ✭✭✭
    Sincerely well done to the Manchester posse, sounds like it was tough but great that you all finished.
  • Options
    LoueyLouey ✭✭✭
    Well done to all the Manchester runners! I will be very interested to read all your race reports when you've had a chance to recover, and also whether they had improved the organisation from last year.

Cal - you got under your goal - well done! And you clearly have the marathon bug if you've already signed up for the next one. I found it easier to sustain the pace the more miles I was doing a week, going up from 3 to 4 runs a week and 4 to 5 has made a huge difference. I know that you are not keen on doing too many runs on consecutive days though.

Ian - so sorry to hear the end of the race was so painful - it sounds like really bad luck. I know you must be feeling fed up but hopefully it will become an experience to chalk off. At least you know that up until that point, you were right on track. 

Nick - great running! That 1 second under is a bonus  ;)

I know Steve has done well as he's on my Strava feed but hopefully he will be on to update soon. 

Jugula - I thought I hadn't heard of a Southampton marathon before. I would be v interested in running that at some point.

Shades - glad you have a recovery plan, things always seem better with a plan. And this way, you are hopefully going to reduce the stir-craziness. 

Mowzer - I can only imagine how frustrating (and painful) it must be. Tendon injuries suck. 

BigG - fantastic pics <not jealous at all> it must be so easy to run in that weather. Sounds like you've really made the most of your time there.  

Emmy - taper time rocks...!

SK - yes that was my husband running with me. I would be really annoyed about Brighton as well, there's no excuse for that. I've done Maidenhead and would recommend it (it's organised by my running club).

Iain - belated happy birthday and I too remember the pink socks! 

Taper time for me too. 6 miles this morning, and I was trying to do 3 at LR pace and 3 at MP. I really struggled with getting close to MP, and my knee was bothering me. I am hoping it was just a blip. I have a massage planned for Wednesday and I'm hoping that really helps. Off to ice it now.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Louey, they obviously learned after last year. This year the bag check was silky smooth (didn't have to queue at all) and the foil blankies were in the goody bag. Not that I needed one as it was warm. I actually got a bit of sunburn on my shoulders.
  • Options
    NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    Ok time for an epic report ;)

The day before wasn't ideal prep, I was at a family christening in the morning in Brighton, so drive there in morning, then standing around for a couple of hours, then 4 hr drive up to Manchester. Thankfully I didn't have to do any of the driving and it all went pretty smoothly - my Mum and stepdad drove us as they were coming to watch as well (and visit my sister who lives near Manchester). Options for dinner were limited so I went for a nice (mild) curry with my wife. Then had a rubbish night's sleep, the hotel where we stayed had a generator or something that kept going on and off. It took me ages to get to sleep and I probably only got about 5 hours. This made me a bit apprehensive about how today would go but I don't think it affected me really.

I got the tram into Manchester (we stayed in Sale) which was easy and quick, arriving about 730am. I didn't want to leave it too late after stories of previous baggage nightmares, though this side of things all went very smoothly and I could easily have arrived an hour later and had no trouble. The only thing that did occur to me was that if it had been raining, there wasn't much cover about. But that wasn't a problem - conditions were pretty much perfect.

I met up with a club mate briefly, and then also met up with a few people from the Manchester thread which was nice, so the wait seemed to pass quickly. We headed up to the start pens, I was in C but you could easily have started wherever you wanted. I positioned myself not far behind the 3:15 pacer and noticed that the 3:29 pacer was roughly level with him but off to the side.

My plan was to go out at a pace that felt comfortable, that I hoped would be around 3:15 pace, and hold on as long as possible. After the gun went off there was a bit of an awkward shuffle, the starting areas were quite wide, then it narrows just before the line and widens again so everyone had a bit of breathing room when starting. There were a fair few elbows out to get to the narrow bit first though! I noted that the 3:15 pacer started around 30 secs before me, and he was in sight once I started. The start was slightly downhill and I eased into what felt like the right pace, which looking at my watch was pretty much spot on.

The first 3 miles were fairly sparsely supported once we got away from the start area, being mainly around residential streets and having a few turns, and I just focused on settling into a rhythm. I did this quite well, 7:30, 7:29, 7:27 (3:15 pace is 7:26-27). After 3 miles you go back past the start almost, then the next 3 miles are a fairly straight section towards Sale. I had found my rhythm well, these were 7:27, 7:25, 7:27 and felt comfortable. I was slightly concerned that the pacer had disappeared but from checking at the mile splits I knew my watch was measuring slightly short so I was actually ahead of pace if the markers were correct.

I saw my family just after mile 6, as planned, which was a nice boost and I was feeling great so got some good pics of me smiling and waving. The next few miles twisted around Sale a bit, but I was going really well at this point, without realising I sped up a little, 7:20, 7:16, 7:20, then 7:27 on another straight section as I was wary of going too fast and consciously slowed sown a touch to go through 10 miles in just over 74 mins, about 15-20 secs ahead of 3:15 pace. The pacer was still out of sight though (on a long straight section). I had a gel at mile 7 as planned and managed to get the top off easily (unusual for me - managed this fine all day, I think it's because normally I have cold hands!)

The next few miles were fairly uneventful, there's a bit going into Altrincham where I saw the leaders coming back the other way, gel at mile 12, then through half way in around 1:36:30ish (1:36:53 on Garmin which was measuring a couple of hundred metres short by this point) which would be a PB by about a minute. Miles 11-16 were 7:24, 7:24, 7:18, 7:24, 7:35, 7:44. I noticed at mile 16 that I wasn't measuring short any more so figured that might be why it was slightly slower on the watch. However, although I didn't think I was working harder, I did start noticing my breathing around 15 miles and figured I was probably starting to tire slightly.

Saw my family again between 16 and 17, which was great. Still felt ok although I was slowing slightly, next 3 miles in 7:34, 7:46, 7:33. Then mile 20 was a 7:54 to go through in 2:29:41. I knew 3:15 pace was just under 2:29 and didn't feel I had it in me to increase the pace so I knew 3:15 was pretty much gone at this point. However I still thought my B target of 3:20 was very much on as I didn't feel too bad and it "only" needed a 50 minute 10k from here so I tried to hold on to approx 8 min miles and mile 21 was exactly that.

After this point it all started going wrong though. I began to get intermittent cramp in one of my calves (I forget which), and everything started feeling much more like hard work. I took my last gel around this point, gritted my teeth and tried to hang on. But next 2 miles came in 8:17 and 8:29, and cramps were getting more frequent, now in both calves. Mile 24 in 8:59, now everything hurting and feel like even 3:25 is in danger, and had a short walk after getting some water, and another time had to stop to stretch a cramping groin, which made mile 25 10:08. For comparison, that's slower than my slowest mile in my 3:59 at London last year! For the last mile I just concentrated on keeping moving, 9:31 but felt like it took about half an hour, then managed a dash for the line giving it everything with 7:07 pace for the last 0.2, with lots of things complaining. Stopped my watch at 3:25:02, hobbled out of the finish funnel, stretched and felt a bit better, waddled over to the finish area, had a photo taken, got my goodie bag, picked up my bag (all went very smoothly), then checked on my phone and saw I'd gained 3 seconds, much happier ending in :59 than :02!

All in all I am really happy with how it went. Honestly I felt 3:15 was potentially achievable, at 10 miles I tried to assess how I felt and was thinking if this was a half I would be looking to up the pace and kick on. Even at 20 I didn't feel too bad, but the wheels came off a bit with the cramps. I'm not sure if this was due to a lack of long runs (and miles in general) or a fuelling issue (maybe need to take on something salty when I sweat a lot?), probably a bit of both.

• Options
    SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Manchester lot!

Steve - brilliant running, can't wait to hear your report. Bet you are feeling great right now.

Ian - that's really bad luck, but well done for toughing it out. I almost tripped over a dog at the end of my long run today and it made me think how at that point in a run or race, any sudden movements can bring on cramp or tightness. I probably would have been very angry, so well done for keeping calm!

Nick and Cal - well done both on the PBs. Cal - I can see you beating that time in Liverpool, even though it's a hilly one.

Mowzer - I agree with Emmy, we need to wrap you in cotton wool. Take care of yourself.

Shades - really sorry you had to DNS but pleased to hear that you have a recovery plan that you are sticking too. It's the worst time of year to get injured, just when the sun is coming out more, so I really hope you are OK very soon.

Louey - I hope the massage helps with the knee. Have you ever tried taping at all for it? Hopefully it's just a taper blip and you won't feel it at all in your next run.

I did my longest run today - 22 miles. Was a lovely sunny morning and I purposely avoided one of my usual routes as that involves a couple of downhill miles at the end (which often brings on my ITB pain). Wasn't the speediest of runs, but finished strong with no pain, so a relief. Taper starts now.

• Options
    SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭
    Cross post Nick - great report and well done for adapting your goals when things didn't go as you'd hoped. You finished strong with a great time and a PB. Sometimes things like cramp just come on at the end of a marathon, however many long runs you've done or fuel you've taken on.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Nick and Cal-Very well done on the PB''s, well deserved after the training you put in.Cal I seen you go past me on the hone straight and were looking strong.
    As for me well I was still annoyed on the way home but it's funny how things get put in perspective, when I got off my train I seen a young lad who only had 1 leg coming towards me laughing with a friend,made me realise at least I can get out and run and my sore calf will be gone soon.
    Louey-I think the woman carried on also,she thanked me then we disappeared into the crowd.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't spot you, Ian. (I didn't even see my friend who was waiting at the finish). I had total tunnel vision at that point.
    I actually saw a guy with a blade during the race (actually I didn't look closely to see if it was one or both legs). I guess they don't have to worry about calf cramps, but they'll have other issues like stump chafing and the like.

Talking of chafing, I avoided most of that although, as I was in a club vest, I got some chafing on my armpit, which I hadn't vaselined as I'd put deodorant on. I've also picked up a little sunburn on my shoulders! I did see some poor bugger at the finish who had rubbed his inner thighs raw. This is why I won't wear those little shorts.

Nick - great report. My right calf was giving me early warning signals at one point but I told it no. :lol:

As per usual after a race, I didn't sleep that well. I was knackered enough to fall into bed at 10 but then had to pee around 1:30 (seriously, my body just pees and pees after a race - I had to visit the loo four times on the train journey home, which was only 2 hours 12) and took me another hour or so to fall back to sleep.

Looking forward to my massage this morning!
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Cal - well done, that's a big PB for you and a significant achievement to get that sub 4:30.
    You'll be feeling differently about Liverpool marathon once you've had a few days to recover.

Louey - I'm sure that twinge in your knee is just a touch of taper fever, often when you start to reduce mileage you often start feeling all sorts of aches and pains.

Nick - a brilliant report, loved reading that, and you did so well a very big PB.    It can take a few marathons to get the last few miles to be less painful and for some they never quite manage that, but certainly more training miles next time will help.

SK - You must be relieved that is your last long run, and you've done a lot of them :)

Ian5 - do you think you've any injuries after your fall, I realise it may be too soon to tell if you have a touch of DOMS today?
    Funny how seeing someone worse off than yourself can bring things back into perspective. Things do go wrong in races that are beyond our control, of course it just means you have to have another go :D

Same 5 mile session for me today, 3 mile run, 2 miles walking and no pain or twinges, so I can move on tomorrow to 7 miles, 4 miles run/3 miles walk.  A little progress I hope :)   The bloody exercises he's set me take ages to do but I must do them.
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Ian, sorry to hear you had a bad race, especially as it was because of an incident out of your control.  But you got your sub-4 at that track race a few weeks ago, and I'm sure you'll be booking up another one to have another go at soon.  It sounds like you did well to finish in the circumstances, so well done there.

Nick/Cal, well done on your PBs.  Some great running there.

Shades, good news that there appears to be some improvement in your injury, although I can imagine it's frustrating not being able to do the mileage you want.

Cal, I occasionally get chaffing in the upper legs.  I am still toying with the idea of doing two marathons in two days at the end of this month, so I've purchased some longer underwear that comes down slightly below my running shorts, which I think will help.  I tried them out the other day and they were fine; they don't look especially flattering but I think they'll do the job intended!

Mowzer, must be so frustrating for you especially with some of the events you had lined up.  Take care of yourself.

As for me, nothing much to report on the running front, but I arrived back home yesterday.  It's good to be back, as I need to get my food back under control....again!  I loved it over there and I could very easily get used to the unlimited pasta, pizza and tiramisu, but it has to stop now!  I didn't run yesterday or the day before, but will be running a bit later today.  

I have a busy few weekends coming up; a wedding this weekend, then a few of us are going to Sheffield for the snooker (I know not everyone's cuppa tea, but I like a bit of the old snooker loopy!), and then of course London.  The problem with the London ballot is that some of this stuff was already planned before I knew I had a place, but that's just the way it is.  I'll still be getting my runs in though, so no issues there, although I doubt I'll do anything longer than about 15.  
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well, Big G, I had a five day trip to Dubai during the first week of my taper, so I think you'll be OK!
  • Options
    NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    Ian - similar to what I said on the other thread, gutted for you but at least you got your sub 4 on the track! Hope you heal up soon, sounds like you did well to finish. As you said, there's always someone worse off, makes you think.

Cal - well done for sneaking under 4:30, that's a big chunk off your PB even though you slowed down towards the end (I know the feeling - clearly need to work on talking to my legs!)

Was great to meet up with both of you at the start as well.

Shades - good that you have a recovery plan and are sticking to it so well. Hope you get over it soon.

mowser - really sorry to hear you've had a setback :(. Sending healing wishes your way.

SK - sounds like a great long run if you got to the end feeling good. Enjoy your taper :)

My legs don't actually feel too bad this morning, certainly much better than after my first marathon. Will have to remember to get up every now and then though rather than sit at my desk all day!
  • Options
    mamafoxmamafox ✭✭✭
    Nick - That was a fab report, I really enjoyed reading it. Well done for getting it written so quickly afterwards too.. something I am completely incapable of doing! It's amazing how quickly things can start seeming to fall apart in a marathon. One minute you can be feeling invincible and the next the minutes start sliding away from you and it's just a case of hanging on and willing for the finish! That's a great PB too.. again, well done.

Cal - Fab result from you too. A big well done too for keeping running. I know walk breaks are a good idea sometimes and people even plan for them.. but there is something satisfying about being able to run for the whole distance.

Louey - That's definitely a taper knee.. take a deep breath and ignore it!

SK - Well done on getting that last long run in and finishing on a positive note too.

Shades - Didn't have too much time to comment yesterday.. sorry about your DNS but obviously you had no choice there. Was that going to be the first time you had done that race? Hang on in there with those exercises.. do they take much longer than your "usual' daily ones then?

Big G - Gallivanting in Venice then snooker in Sheffield.. life in the fast lane eh?! Good job you weren't doing your Paleo diet last week  ;)

Thank you for your offer of a sick note Shades. I did dither a bit then thought about the wine and got out there for my long run with the dreaded MP. Did two loops of my usual 15k circuit which is something I normally avoid like the plague. I am physically incapable of passing my house without stopping. However my long runs are quite hilly and I really struggle with consecutive fast kms on these so I thought I'd try and treat my usual route as a kind of circuit. It worked and I managed 31k with 19k nicely at MP. I wasn't completely hanging either and my foot is ok too so all that has given my confidence a boost.
    Something quite interesting did happen though. I made a loo stop behind some trees(!) and was just coming out when I heard a fair bit of rustling in the undergrowth. I turned round and came face to face with a herd of wild boar, I counted at least15!! We all stared at each other for a comedy moment before I made a snap decision and ran straight at them with a blood curdling yell (based on the principle that I am not scared and they should be scared of me which was actually very far from the truth). Thankfully this worked, they all snorted, lifted their tails up and hurtled off in different directions.

Rest day today :D

Pilates tonight  :(

• Options
    NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    mamafox - thanks. I like to get a report done quickly if I can as otherwise I forget the details! Great long MP run from you, sounds scary with the boar! Glad you were scary enough :)
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Big G - sorry but when you said longer underwear I suddenly had this vision of a pair of long johns under your running shorts. :D     If you are going to do a double, comfortable kit has to be a priority.

It isn't out of the question that I might be able to do nearly 50 miles this week, depending on how tomorrow's session goes :)

Nick - good news the legs aren't too bad today.   It's easy to forget to get up and have a little stretch/walk though.
    mamafox writes epic race reports, we love them but they take her some time to prepare though :D

mamafox - no, I've done Taunton marathon a few times but annoyingly if I hadn't been injured I was confident of a course best...if only... :#   It's quite local to me about 45 miles away and I like the course.

Well done on your long run with the MP as well, doing it as circuits, breaking it down is such a good idea.   I too find it impossible to run past my home without imagining a reason to stop there.   Great sprint training chasing off the wild boar, I'm impressed.   All I had to deal with today was Ziggy the Weimaraner who I haven't seen for ages and he gave me a great welcome, didn't jump on me this time, probably as I was in the middle of walk section so not running. 

I will update the marathon list with the shiny new PB's but will wait until Steve reports in first.

Emmy - any goals for your marathon this weekend?
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Mamafox-Great running for so much at MP and even better boar chasing.
    Shades-No DOMS to speak of,little tight in 1 hamstring but nothing really,I do seem to have developed a slight injury though,it's the muscle just by the shin on the inside,it was playing up last week but put it down to my shin issues,just going to ice and rest it for the next 2 days as I'm off work and hope it improves.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Ian - that's good news.   After the painful shin you had before the race I would have expected you to have a little flare up when running the marathon.   But you've been lucky after your fall, you said you'd had a pain at the time under your hip, that easily could have turned into a trauma injury.

After a few days recovery when you have some idea when you're going to ease yourself back into your training we can sort out that ultra training plan, were you planning to do Liverpool marathon too?
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Shades-The shin and muscle behind it have been on and off over the last couple of weeks,looks like it's the muscle's turn today.The hip was weird,it was the bit underneath the bone but it eased on the train home.
    Probably not doing Liverpool, was doing the chester half the week before but not sure what way to go now.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Ian - that spot on your hip probably was your hip flexor, so you probably overstretched when you fell.

No need to rush on any decision about future races now , when you've recovered you know that you'll start thinking about it then  :)  
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Shades-I had planned my races out for the year a few weeks ago, going to stick to the main part of it,just need to decide on the Chester half a bit closer to the time.It's a work race so would like to do it but will see.