Options

Do you use IPods?

Comments

• Options
    Jenko don't generalise about people who run with MP3 players (either in the gym or outside!). Some of us need the extra motivation that good music helps give you, and in races the beat helps get you up those hills (not that I'm feeling anxious about Parliament St - Liverpool 1/2M only 11 days away!).
  • Options
    Bambina, shorter lead can be accomodated especially with one littel gadget I can think of, wrist straps are also available no problem, I have these in stock now, they will fit nicely on your wrist so you can look as if you were to tell the time and see your ipod.
  • Options
    UK2004: that is FAB news, where can I but one???
  • Options
    From me if you will be kind enough to wait until April the 1st! I will be giving a discount code here to all your online members so I hope that will make up for having to wait.
  • Options
    I think I can hold out until then :-) Thanx
  • Options
    For people that want to waterproof their ipod we will be selling cases to totally waterproof the ipod and they come with waterproof headphones, they are waterproof to 10 feet depth and totally seal the ipod including connection area, when our site is live we shall put a link here for your perusal. There are other cases that are waterproof but don't come with earphones so you are stuck with safe ipod but wet earphones not a good combo!
  • Options
    UK2004,

Maybe not a good combo but cheaper to replace the earphones than the ipod me thinks!
  • Options
    Hhhmmm if you have £20 earphones a couple of broken ones and you've payed for your waterproof case which can also be used while you swim on holiday, so it has a few bonuses!
  • Options
    Like Bambina, I've had issues with excess cord length and would also like to wear my iPod on my wrist/forearm.

I did purchase some little plastic/rubber things around which you wind the headphone cable to take up the slack. Got a pack of 3 (why would most people want more than 1) from the Apple shop. I think it's called something like the Sumajin smartwrap.

I do however realise that to be able to mount my 20GB iPod on my wrist/forearm may be harder than it would be to cater for owners of the Shuffle or Nano due to the size of the thing. Any solutions?
  • Options
    Have you tried a Tunebelt? I have a Tunebelt for your 4G 20GB Ipod that gives you an open view of the Ipod to use the controls while wearing the armband and also has a little section to store excess earphone cord while you are running.

I also have XtremeMac sportwraps but I think you tried them. I do Macally armbands and waistbands as well, they look very nice, nice selection of colours but don't have the option to sore away excess cord, however if you use the waistband one the cord shouldn't be a problem, all depends on where you want to wear your ipod.
  • Options
    UK2004 aka The Solution Man (TSM)

How many days until 1st April, not that I am counting???
  • Options
    16! Hope you're excited, I am!
  • Options
    The potential for new stuff for my nano and we will have just been paid on the previous Friday! Roll on the 1st.
  • Options
    will the gear just be for ipods. Looking for a case with a belt clip for my Saamsung mp3 player. Its very similar in size to the shuffle, but have tried one of the leather cases and its a little bit too tight.
  • Options
    UK2004 aka TSM: What is your webiste/company called? Need to spread the word to work colleagues as lots have Ipods!

• Options
    Bishy, we will have lots of goodies available and the site will clearly be sorted for different products and will have sections for gadgets etc so you should find something you really like!

Mallard I am afraid we will only stock accessories for Ipods, our reason for this was that we wanted to provide the best product knowledge we could adn we felt that came through only supplying Ipod accessories, I'm sorry about that.

Bambina, our company is called MP3 Additions and the website is www.mp3additions.co.uk it's just a holding page until we go live, I will speak to the designers about getting the homepage up with a sign saying opening April 1st! It's very kind of you to recommend us to your colleagues, the whole basis of our business is to provide the best customer service in Britain(as well as beat everyone on price!) so we hope we will be able to achieve our goal and have people talking about our superb friendly customer service. I have shopped on the internet many times and it drives me round the bend trying to get a phone number to ring customer service as the email response takes ages and is awful. We will be just a phone call away and will deal with emails as they come in, I'm very excited about the launch of our business!!!!
  • Options
    This is a thread I will definitely be keeping my eye on! Unfortunately I've just had to order some replacement earphones as the iPod ones keep falling out my wee lugs! I always used to run with a MP3 player / FM radio but I'm starting to get used to not bothering with the radio - my 2gb Nano holds so many songs (and podcasts!) that there is so much choice I could never get bored with the same songs! I will however, be looking for an armband for my Nano, and possibly a silicone or similar skin to stop the smudges showing up as bad (it's a black one!).
  • Options
    Good luck on the new business but it's not a new idea. There seem to be hundreds of iPod accessories and accessory outlets out there if anyone does a quick web search. (Be aware also that it's against forum rules to advertise so you need to plug it like mad here before the powers-that-be notice and delete the thread.)

Main problem with most iPod accessory outlets is that they are way too expensive for what they are. I've found eBay to be a great place for iPod stuff because there is so much competition. For instance silicone cases normally retail at around £10-15 if you google them. Madness for a small bit of plastic. I bought one on eBay for 99p. Brand new, received the next day. For anyone looking for cases, search on eBay and you'll get literally thousands of matches, mostly dead cheap. Also all sorts of accessories you wouldn't even know existed.

Incidentally, good customer service should be a given rather than a USP! You do get spectacular examples of bad customer service but on the whole, I find standards to be generally very high and I buy almost everything online these days. The one thing that infuriates me is the promise of next day delivery (say) but then being told after paying that the item is out of stock.
  • Options
    Debstir your needs will be accommodated no problem.

RunningCommentary I don't think I need say but I will that a 99p skin is not the quality of an ISkin. I have looked at all and the silicone skins for 99p are not lasting more than a few months or a year generally and don't look as good either.

The old saying always applies you get what you pay for in life.
  • Options
    Also got some retractable headphones coming along that allow you to keep the lead shortened that may also help with the dangling wires syndrom,e hope everybody has an enjoyable weekend.
  • Options
    A year's use for 99p will do me just fine!

• Options
    iPod shuffle - simple. all my ron hill bottoms have the little pocket at the front. ipod fits snugly in there, wire goes up under my top and out at neckline. no wires getting in the way and you can usually adjust the volume through the fabric....failing that, if i'm crossing our very busy by-pass i always take the earthingys out.
  • Options
    Saw in one of the Sunday papers that you can get ties (yes suit and shirt type ties) that on it's back has a little pocket that fits your nano or shuffle.

Would be ideal for use at work during those lunch hours or first thing in the morning when no-one else is around.

Will you be stocking these sort of things or is outside your remit?
  • Options
    I wasn't going to stock those as I thought peopel wouldn't be too keen on having their tie having some more weight on it but as you're interested I have contacted Thomas Pink about purchasing stock will let you know if they will let me stock them!
  • Options
    Would they put too much weight on the tie and it's knot? Good question, hadn't thought of it that way. Just thought that for those people that use them during a working day it was a good way of carrying them around, especially as not all shirts have pockets these days and if ever summer comes along we won't have jacket pockets to pop them in.
  • Options
    That's a good point about some shirts no longer having a pocket, I think this is where cordless headphones are so useful, just drop ipod in bag or pocket away from prying eyes and just have a nice littel headset on!
  • Options
    Hold your horses right there!

Just been to the Thomas Pink web-site......these ties are £45 a pop!!
  • Options
    LOL, I have to be honest i have grave concerns about how long the tie will last, when I was wearing a suit my ties regularly got rips and stitching came out and thats with nothing hanging on, my fear is they will fall to bits after six months, I wasn't going to stock them but if you want one and they will supply me then I will get one as we want to keep all our customers happy.
  • Options
    Save your time and money if I were you at that price I'll make do with my current range of ties and put up with whatever ties the relatives buy me come christmas (for one they aren't that bad and two, they sure as hell don't pay over £20 for 'em).

Maybe it's a westcountry thing but I'd expect and armful for £45. Thanks for the thought though.
  • Options
    Funnily the best ties I have ever had are some Simpsons ones that were mostly navy blue with a simpsons character on and they cost £5 at a chinese superstore, amazing they are best ties I've had wish I could buy more of them!