Options

Do you use IPods?

Comments

• Options
    Right, off to Tesco then
  • Options
    £47 from Amazon with free delivery ?
  • Options
    Bambina: ALfa GTV or Fiat Coupe or some other nice Italian car?!
  • Options
    Viffer: Interesting name! Thanks for the tip :-)

DoctorK: any purchase made today you'd like to inform us about???

UK2004: 147GTA V6 250bhp. She is the world's hottest hatch according to Mr. Clarkson and Co. My friend's boyfriend calls it the Red Rocket as it does move! Going to test drive the new Alfa Brera on Saturday as it's their launch date. Have you seen it yet??? Gorgeous looking car! Not that I can afford a new car but as I say, it's free to dream and it may provide me a few weeks worth of dreaming after driving it (I hope).

Ciao for now ;-)
  • Options
    You lucky devil, I love the GTA Alfa's, I was reading before how they tweaked the chassis on the 147 as with so much power through the front wheels they thought it would be an overload but said it's spot on, would love to drive one they have those beautiful Italian looks too.

I have seen the Brera it looks lovely, should have the nice Alfa engine note too, my dad always says to me Italian cars aren't reliable, I say a they have improved reliability and b you have to be a true driving fan to appreciate the driving experience, pure bliss!

I should stay away from them though, got 3 points and fine last month and that's just in a boring A-Class!

I'm all jealous now you must get excited every time you turn your engine on, I want a nice quick car, my dream cars are Audi RS6, SLK55 AMG, Lambhorgini Gallardo.

Hope you have a fun drive home in your GTA!
  • Options
    UK2004: Alfa's had a bad reputation for years but it's definitely improved! The say you choose an Alfa with your heart, not your head :-)

My other half has an M3 and loves the Audi RS6. Before I got my Alfa I test drove the SLK 320 but wanted the AMG version!!! A friend of ours got rid of his SL55 AMG for a Prosche GT, not as nice as the SL55 though, it is a gorgeous looking car...

When we were driving from the south of Italy to Naples last summer, a Lambhorgini drove up beside us and it was a Police car with 2 very cool police officers with their shades on. Only in Italy would you find that!

I work from home most days so no driving tonight but it is a joy to drive. New brakes being fitted on Friday for long drive to Scotland next week. Just love it when the road opens up after Manchester...

• Options
    use a nano,brought a very good armband off ebay from hong kong for a fiver,its a godsend,use it everyday at the gym and while running,be lost without it,as for tangles never had a problem as i thread the wire under my vest,so no tangles.
  • Options
    Just noticed there's an ad on the right for another iPod accessories site: http://www.essentialipod.co.uk/.

I still prefer eBay though as the competition keeps prices really low.
  • Options
    Haven't bought owt yet -might nip into Tesco today on my way through Prestwich.

I would love to have an Alfa, if I could convince myself that it would be reliable, and the dealer network was half decent. I might buy one yet
  • Options
    cougie, yes it's just under 47 quid at Amazon however at tesco I understand you get 999 clubcard points with it -if so that's about a tenner in vouchers for tesco -I'll go and see
  • Options
    Oh yeah - LDB has just posted on that on the thread in Clubhouse (blame Jj for misposting) - if you use the vouchers for stuff like RAC membership and things then they are worth about £40 so the shuffle is about £7. Not bad eh ?
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    [scowls and chews the end of Cougie's tail]
  • Options
    There's an item on the Tesco offer at www.moneysavingexpert.com. Can't recall the detail but yes, the claim is that it costs £7 if you follow the suggestion.
  • Options
    I am surprised such a blatant sales thread has lasted this long.
  • Options
    I think the original theme of the thread has been lost -couldn't find any shuffles in Tesco at Prestwich -will be in Horwich tomorrow so will look while I'm there
  • Options
    DoctorK: told ya, they sell like hotcakes! You have to be superfast... hope you find one.
  • Options
  • Options
    I see it more as a market research thread, it has been informative to find out what runners want to facilitate using their ipods while running. Don't worry as soon as the site is live the button at the side will be set up and the magazine advert will be in the next issue, I won't post a direct link on this thread, I don't intend to get free forum advertising just want to be able to give my customers the best service I can and provide them with whatever they want.
  • Options
    WOW!!!!

I have this week bought a iPod nano, and from what I've been reading on here it would appear I have made a right choice.

I was using a Creative Zen Micro MP3 player while running but it was too bulky and heavy....and it really got on my nerves while running the Brands Hatch Half Marathon.

I can't believe how small and light as a feather the nano is. I also bought a sports wrap arm band too, long gone are the days of the bum bag soley for a music box.

I'm looking forward to using it on the road.

Neil :-)
  • Options
    None in tesco Horwich either !
  • Options
    Save your petrol and get it here for £40 ? You'd only lose the tesco vouchers anyway or forget to claim them...

http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10280977&pid=44&rstrat=0
  • Options
    Yeah - seems it. They reckon its a perfectly good ipod but just without the packaging. I could understand them having a few of them, but how do you end up with the stock of 70 ??
  • Options
    I know, that's what I thought too!
  • Options
    I use a 30gb ipod with a armband (definately the best place to have it minimal jolting so no skipping occurs) I also use Koss in'ear plugs. Their cheap good quality and have expanding foam pads so they don't budge from your ears. I've tried sony in-ear and earjams for my ipod ear plugs but these are only any good for cycling or walking
  • Options
    May I ask you guys and girls, do you think it is important that I sell ipods or are you happy to just purchase accessories from me?

Opinions greatly valued!
  • Options
    I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket if I were you.
    And people will purchase where they get the best deal -for that type of stuff -most of the time
  • Options
    Most people that have replied to this thread are already ipod owners so I would have thought that most of us are after accessories, but there will always be a few newbies looking to join the ipod revolution. Big question is whether there are enough of those to warrant stocking them?
  • Options
    I am really grateful for your replies you have helped convince me I was right. My girlfriend said to me that some colleagues wanted to me to get ipods so I should think about sellng them, my worry is that from the start the business has been about selling accessories because that's where my interest lies and what Ihave a great knowledge of. All the time taken processing repairs and returns of ipods can be given to finding you people the latest quality gadgets. I inspect all my new products in the flesh before purchasing as I only like to stock good quality items and I have turned down a lot of brands, I think to take on selling Ipods as well would compromise my service for accessories which is what our business is all about.

Thanks for your replies, really helped!
  • Options
    Bambina, how was the Alfa Brera test drive, any fun? Just read the 3.2 litre model is 4 wheel drive, that should be a hoot to drive, always nice to have more grip.