Options

Do you use IPods?

Comments

• Options
    UK2004: My other half was stranded in Italy so didn't make it back in time for the test drive. Am going to reschedule so will let you know how it goes.

Is the website up and running yet?
  • Options
    That's a shame about the test drive. Website is nearing completion, should be ready by 1st of May, am annoyed about the delays but would rather it looks how I want it to and functions the right way than have okayed every stage of the process and not been happy with it.

Just organising a PR campaign so lots of press coverage should follow, am impressed with what the company have chieved for other consumer electronics brands.

Was it you that wanted to test something, I may be able to send out a tester or two as long as you then report how good the product is!
  • Options
    I bet there would be a few of us gadget happy people that would be willing to test products for you.
  • Options
    UK2004: It's important to get the website just as you want it. I'm sure you've put a lot of time and effort into it.

Alfa Garage left a message on my answerphone today wanting me to reschedule test drive so may need to make an appointment at the weekend to take the Brera on the road :-)

I would be happy to add any products to my 'test drive'list.
  • Options
    I will send out a couple of our unique product exclusive to us as soon as site is live and you can give people some feedback.

Out of interest is it ok to post a running item for sale on here. I ran last week for the first time in 18 months and immediately sorted out gym membership to get fitness back, my new running shoes however just don't fit, would like to sell them if anyone wants them, they have been warn twice and are in as new condition will let them go at a good price! Size UK 9 model is Reebok Road Plus II Senior, they also have Premier FSM 2 written on the box.
  • Options
    UK2004: that would be great!

I have seen people advertise items for sale on here although not sure what the official rules are!

No Brera test drive today as the weather is so nice, I am gardening. Have been digging weeds out of a border since 10am so far have 4 bags to be disposed of. Nice day though and listening to my shuffle as I work :-)
  • Options
    Bambina, weather was excellent hope your gardening was fun, I was down at the Gardening Club in Crews Hill Enfield a week ago with girlfriend and family, the place is enormous it's got greenhouses bigger than my local garden centre, if you haven't been it's worth a trek, good aquatic centre up the road too.

Have joined a gym to try helping the rehabilitation of my knee as I can't go straight to pounding pavements again, am amazed t how many ipods there are in the gym, I think about one in 3.5 people have one, am going to be politely asking if I can leave some flyers on the counter once our site is live, I have 20,000 flyers so should be enough spare for a few gyms!

• Options
    Had an idea, would you people like it if you have a runner's section on my site whereby you have products specially selected for you all like sporsbands for arms and waist and wrist and some cases that protect the ipod from sweat while you are running, I presume it would be of interest to most sporty people but wandered if you would like it or would you prefer to search through the hundreds of products we have?

Thanks for your feedback, is much appreciatd.
  • Options
    Sounds like the sort of thing that I think most of us would appreciate. Not all of us have loads of time to be on line, whether it be because of work, kids or maybe even running. So an area of your site that is more dedicated to runners would be a help.
  • Options
    Still ok for going live on the 1st?
  • Options
    JENKO :) are you a teacher by any chance? Nothing like live and let live eh?

I use a 30GB 4G and a Mini (though not at the same time), both with an arm band and find 'em both comfy, but I'm with the rest here - waterproof cases would be ace!!
  • Options
    BIshy, will definetly do the runner's section of the site, I was sitting down last night and though abouts how you guys and girls would find your armbands and cases to keep sweat out and cordless earphones and though that's it I'll do a runner's section if they like the idea, glad you do I think it will help people to quickly find what they want as there are going to be an enormous amount of products on the site.

Unfortunately I envisage a delay again probably one week from May 1st, I am getting a little rattled with the designers it is way behind schedule now so I will speak to them.

Viffer, the waterproof cases and headphones are coming into my stock next week, I think they are superb the company has redisigned the range and they now look the part as well as keeping water out, perfect for beach use or snorkelling or swimming with your ipod. The revised range has also been reduced in price so won't be the rip off £100 it used to be per case!

• Options
    UK2004: that's a great idea, a 'special' section for us runners would be fab so that we can find what we are looking for easier and quicker leaving more time to go out and use our new products from your webiste :-) Yeah!

• Options
    Have put together a few bundles for runners giving you all the equipment you need for your ipod with a discount for buying the bundle. Looking round at my competitors I found one that is selling bundles and adding a few pounds to the total of buying separate for buying the bundle, I can't beliee such underhand tactics are being used to make a few pounds I think unfortunately there is such a boom in ipod accessorie that not everyone is being fair in their pricing etc. I think the consumer deserves not only good service but a very fair price too!

I thought you runners deserved your only special section, after all I've had lots of important feedback from you all!

Oh yes, nearly forgot to ask, what kind of discount code would you like as in what kind of discount, I can either take a few pounds off the order for orders over a certain level or do an item at discount with your order that is relevant to you such as a sweatproof case or something?
  • Options
    Any discount is good for me. From your point of view I would have thought it was better to knock off more money the more we spend, hence encouraging us to but all our ipod stuff from you?

Just got paid! So looking forward to seeing your site soon while I still have some money left.
  • Options
    ooops that should be 'buy' not 'but all our ipod stuff from you'.
  • Options
    For some reason, I find I am unable to run with my iPod on. It seems to distract me from what I'm doing and has the effect of making me more aware of the time as I generally know how long the songs are.
    It's fine when doing any other cardio things though including fast(ish) walking.
  • Options
    I just got paid too :-) so waiting patiently for the website with arms crossed and foot tapping ;-)

Yip, the more we spend the better the discount.

How about a loyalty scheme with points which can be converted to pounds at the end of each year. That will make us come back and buy gifts for others etc to build our points. What do points make? PRIZES!!!

How about a discount to people who recommend your website to people who eventually buy from it? For instance, if I recommend your website to lots of work colleagues and they buy from you, I get % off after they spend a certain amount? Just something else to think about as it's free marketing for you and no better marketing than word of mouth!

Scott: my ishuffle makes me run faster and distracts me from time although have a bad back this week so no running since Tuesday and probably not for another week :-( Probably due to all that gardening I did last weekend, that'll teach me!
  • Options
    Can't believe this. Just buy from Ebay for heaven's sake. The "Buy Now" deals are a fraction of the cost of the many iPod accessories sites I've looked at. Next day delivery. Job done.
  • Options
    Agreed, and tesco are now dipping their toes into the Ipod market and I wouldn't like to try to compete with them!
  • Options
    Haven't read the whole thread properly, so if this has been said already....

I run with an MP3, using Nike's earclip earphones (a set that stick on my ears, AT LAST).

I hold the MP3, and run the cable down my sleeve. Saves all that annoying swinging wires nonsense - so anything that will make that a more comfortable experience would be on my shopping list...
  • Options
    Just a quick post, busy adding products.

Bambina I have pasted your post into word will have a good read later.

RunningCommentary I think to be fair your post is like saying why buy an Armani shirt when you can have BHS, they are differnet products, I had a good look on Ebay and found nobody selling products that I sell cheaper or at the same price, there were rip offs where they had large postage costs or were adding VAT to total bill! There are obviously non branded products selling cheap but they don't look or feel like the branded products, I promise my prices will be very competitive, we have spent many hours going through online accessory sellers to make sure our prices are good, I hope peopel will be happy with the quality, price and service!
  • Options
    Bring it on UK2004.
  • Options
    Fair enough UK2004, but let me reply.

I'm not the only one who's uncomfortable with the blatant use of the forum to promote your business. Any business. I've nothing against you or your business in particular but it's one of the nice things about these forums that they haven't been hijacked and ruined by commercial interests, which is what has happened in loads of other messageboards and Usenet forums I've been a part of over the years. Yes, there are subtle mentions and perhaps the odd one-off announcement about a commercial initiative which is regarded as just about acceptable, but arguably, you've gone a little beyond that. This has become part of a marketing campaign.

Second, I'm a big iPod fan and have done a lot of scouting around for accessories both online and retail over the past 6 months or so. The iPod is a great piece of design and marketing, and it's produced a lot of hangers-on and people trying to cash-in on their success. I'm all for innovation and adding value but all that some seem to be doing is reselling other people's ideas and products with, no doubt, the appropriate mark-up.

Talking about Armani v BHS! LOL! Do me a favour! When talking about iPod 'skins' and cases and armbands and neckstraps etc, we're talking bits of cheap plastic here, except that many online and high street retailers don't sell them cheaply at all. The only way they can bump up the price to nonsense levels is to (in your words) "brand" them, put them in expensive packaging, and go on about their superior quality.

Well.

I've been using my 99p eBay "Buy Now" iPod skin for several months now, running and general use, and it looks identical to the one used by my work colleague who paid £18 for his.

You're absolutely right about the post and packing pricing tricks used by eBay sellers. Thanks for pointing that out. My excellent 99p iPod Nano silicone skin with lanyard cost £1.50 to be sent 70 miles in a standard envelope with a first class stamp! So yes, in fairness, let's say that the whole purchase cost me £2.49, though that was next day delivery. Still a decent purchase though. I've used it every day since before Christmas, and no signs yet of deterioration. And when it does eventually go, I'll just buy another at the same bargain price.

You're right to believe that people don't buy on price alone. If you can get somewhere near the eBay price AND offer something else, then fair enough. I just get nervous when I hear people talk about great customer service as a USP when it's really pretty standard these days.
  • Options
    MacMac ✭✭✭
    I would like to refer back to the reference UK2004 made about the "wireless" headphones? I have wanted a pair for quiet some time because no matter how I thread my Sony clip ons they still "yank" out of my ear or "pull" tight. The problem is that they "stick" to the sweat and then cease to slide freely against my skin or the fabric of my top. I have tried extensions, shorter wires and lots of varioous ways of threading the cord but to not avail!!! I cannot see any way of avoiding this very frustrating occurance other than wireless or blue tooth headphones! However! All the wireless sets I have seen whilst being possible to wear on runs are too large and bulky for practicle running use. What will impress me is a set of wireless or bluetooth "ear"phones (as opposed to "Head" phones!) or even ear plugs. If a set of wireless/bluetooth "Head" phones were as small and light as say the "Nike" / Phillips ones then that would be fine but so far I've not seen any that are. Uless you guys know different?
  • Options
    Hi Mac,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I will reply later this evening with my full advice for you, I have somethign I think may fit the bell, I know exactly what you mean about wireless headphones generally beign 'headphones' they are the retro type that are like having another head on your ears! There is one set produced though that are clip on type wireless.

Site is now about 24 hours away from going live, am in the process of adding the products, about a hundred and fifty to go, an all nighter for me tonight!

• Options
    MacMac ✭✭✭
    Hi UK2004,

They arn't these by any chance?

http://www.saitekaudio.com/en/a350.asp

Mac
  • Options
    Hi Mac,

I was going to suggest to you the Logiech Wireless Headphones:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2412,CONTENTID=10540

They are excellent for staying on your head when running but the Saitek you mention are also good and perform well. We have both in stock.

One other cheaper solution that may work is this(we like to offer all angles and not try to sell you the most expensive product!) you could try a Tunebelt on your arm that can store away the excess chord, then use the new Logitech Sports headphones that are sweatproof and hook over ears and see how you get along with that. It's a far cheaper option than wireless but you still have some chord to contend with, the Tunebelt may help store that away though.
  • Options
    MacMac ✭✭✭
    UK2004,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been aware of the Logitech set (both the iPod version & the generic version for non iPod) and although in the absense of any other options they are tempting, I feel the Saitek are more runner friendly.
    They are more streamlined and do not completly cover the ear, which is a plus for me. The battery life is about the same also. The iPod version of the Logitech will not enable all iPod functions if used with an iPod Nano, which is exactly what I intend to get soon (Unless something sleeker, better and still based on a flash memory with a 4gb+ memory for the same or less money comes along!)With this in mind I may as well use the Saiteks as the Logitech will not offer me any added functionality over non iPod sets.There is an exellent review of the Saiteks on http://www.thinkcomputers.org/v2/index.php?x=reviews&id=385
    They really sound good and have great feedback on sound quality for wireless.
    What is your best price inc delivery to UK mainland?
    As for a tune belt I already have one! I quiet simply cannot bear the bloody wires any longer! No matter what I do they either "flap" about or "Pull" or "Yank" out of my ear. The wire cannot slide around over my skin or a shirt once I get (sorry for the mental picture!) "Sweaty". The wetter I get the more the wire sticks and thus pulls or yanks out. It drives me insane and often I switch off, remove the earphones (Sony Fontopia MDR-EX81LP/B - Headphones ( over-the-ear )
    and run in silent mode, with only the gentle sound of my lungs gasping for breath to listen to! So no more wired sets are not an option.
    I may consider the iPod "Lanyard" headphone set but I am still erring on the side of wireless.
    Cheers,

Mac.
  • Options
    Hi Mac,

So sorry for the delayed reply, have been so busy, we are almost ready to launch all products are now added, advertising is booked up(almost all of it!) and the credit card system has been integrated.

I sell Saitek Wireless Headphones for £69.99 plus £3.99 next day delivery, anything else you order up to £150 is all in teh same delivery cost, we charge £3.99 next day for anything over £20 and up to £150. Any order over £150 is dispatched free of charge for next day delivery. You will I'm sure find the Saitek headphones slightly cheaper elsewhere as the distributor we believe that will offer us better pricing won't give us our acccount until they see the site live.