Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options
    Thank you, B image

I get mildly crabbit that I seem to be the only person who puts the new loo roll on the holder, rather than perched on top. And, on the rare occasion that someone else does put the new roll on the holder, they do it the wrong way round.

Grrr
  • Options
    Sun's shining, birds are singing, I'm back from 3 days away and I'll probably be finishing early. And tomorrow is a day off. I'm sure I'll find something to be miffed about though.
  • Options
    Moderately miffed at being on my own in the orifice... which means that the freshly brewed coffee now begins to acquire a slighly burned taste from sitting too long in the perculator jug, but I don't want to waste it...
  • Options

Totally unmiffed today. Can it last? image

• Options

We had a parcel delivered today.  Great!  except that it's not for us.  This is the third parcel this year that has been delivered to the wrong adress.  The last two looked like they were children's birthday presents from an elderly Grandma, judging from the writing, so I very kindly delvered them to the right address, which is right across the other side of town from me. They were adressed to No. X, YYY instead of No. X, YYY Heights, but I was able to work this out from the postcode.

This one looks like it has been sent by a different person - an adult, but not elderly.  This time they have addressed it to No.X, YYY Road, which is our road and obviously the wrong addresss.  I'm not sure what to do with the parcel as I am getting fed up of delivering to the wrong house and there is no return address.  Should I amend the address and squash it back through the letter box or throw it in the bin?

• Options

Open it and see if the sender's address is inside, on a card or something, and then contact them?

And if it's something really nice, keep it image

• Options

If you know the right address you could make one last good deed delivery with a note attached explaining that you keep receiving their parcels and asking them to make sure that their nearest and dearest have the correct address for future reference.   Or maybe just ring post office and ask for advice or yes write on the pacel not known at X YYY Road.   I don't know really, frustrating for you as I guess you want to do the right thing.

• Options
    Hubby found a return address that was hidden under a fold and the parcel went back in the letter box this morning.  There is still time for it to get redelivered before Christmas, if it is a present, so I don't feel too bad.
  • Options
    I'm a bit peeved that it's Monday again. It's starting to get a bit predictable. It feels like it comes around every week and I'd like it to stop.
  • Options
    Not at all miffed and, in fact, jolly happy that I had lunch with our thread's owner today image
  • Options
    That's nice ST image

I am slightly miffed there is no ice left on the first class trolley service on this train but the large glass of chilled SB is cheering me up and apparently more ice will be uploaded in Edinburgh.
  • Options

I rarely pick my 11 year old up from senior school but today I did... 

driving up towards the school a coach doing a school run had parked up in the middle of the road, with residents cars parked on both sides there was no way past.   more cars pulled up behind me, horns were tooted so eventually I got out and knocked on the coach door, driver duly opens it, listens to me tell him he's blocking the entire road.. lots of people trying to go about their business,  blah, blah can't just block a road, blah blah.. His response, "I'll only be about ten minutes"  

Trying to decide whether I'm still miffed enough to complain to the coach company  / the school   Probably not but I might relapse into p***ed off if I think enough about his smirky face.

• Options
    Mildly annoyed at myself for wearing a new shirt last night and not even considering the effect on the nips. Result - cheese grater and soreness.
  • Options

I'm mildly irritated by the fool who ordered something from a well known highstreet clothes shop and put my address instead of their own. Apparently they'll collect it from my work... but we'll wait and see.

IDIOT!

• Options

Hmm, some good quality miffedness going on here - keep it up, people!

I am mildly irked that my daughter is driving around in my 2.5 litre Cougar while I have to pootle around in my son's 1.2 litre clapped-out Corsa, until she gets her own car insured, taxed and MOTed. And that she is referring to the Cougar as her car......image

• Options

Well I have a fairly bad headache today, and I feel cold. Have prob got something coming image

ST, I think the Cougar *is* her car now !

• Options

I'm mildly miffed that I ordered something online on Saturday with next day delivery.  OK, I expected it to be a little delayed because of Sunday, but I have an e-mail today saying that they put it in the post this morning and it should reach me in 3-5 days.

Looks like BIL is going to get his birthday present late then.

• Options
    I was mildly annoyed at the stupid twat who tried to block me into a park until he realised he wouldn't make it after fifteen mins of going back and forward. He then proceeded to scrap the entire off side of his car against a white pole on his way out of a park. Too bad so sad.
  • Options

Serves him right! I had a karma moment like that today too, funnily enough. Went to do the supermarket shop and for some reason,when I was leaving the car park was really slow-moving, so drivers on the main path through were each letting one driver out from the side aisles. This woman deliberately avoided eye contact with me when it was my "turn" to pull out and drove swiftly on....then stopped, reversed and maneouvred into a parking space next to a stone wall.........and scraped her rear door, giving it a lovely dent and a huge scratch.

I sniggered. image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I'm  mildly irked that I can't print off the tickets I've bought to a show next week. Apparently, despite having the confirmation email, a reminder email of my 'event' and a whole load of spam from them, my email address is not recognised image
  • Options
    I always get my tickets from the box office now, as it slightly annoys me that the tickets that are put up for sale on the web site are all the ones at the edges of the theatre and I can't select any of the better tickets.
  • Options
    It's a bit annoying that the new (small) trollies at Sainsbugs will only fit into the new (small) trollies...so if there are no new ones in the trolley bay you have to search the whole car park to find one...yesterday I just abandoned my pound,
  • Options

A little bit annoyed that when I arrived home this eve the mobile library van was parked across my driveway.   My car was on the drive so 'he' shouldn't have blocked me in.   And it was very dark, windy and raining a lot.  Who the heck is that desperate to change their books that they'd come out in that.

I'm also a bit peeved that chilli wave doritos are so yum that I've eaten half a big bag without even meaning to.  Thats not fair.

• Options
    Anticipatory peeve here - we have a few snowflakes falling and this will no doubt result in panic buying of milk, bread, organic olive oil and balsamic vinegar in our local Waitrose as the Oxted yummy mummies realise that if they don't stock up now, there'a a risk they might have to use their 4x4s as a, well, 4x4!!!
  • Options

The dippy lady in the bread shop that I always seem to get (the one who serves customers at half the speed of everyone one) didn't slice my bread and I didn't notice before I put the loaf in the freezer. Now I'm going to have to part defrost the bread so I can cut it, and that will be difficult enough, and I hope it doesn't dry out.

• Options
    I feel your pain LN. I have an unsliced black pudding in the freezer. Short of a band saw I don't think it will even get sliced now.
  • Options
    Just a tad irked that I got up early for zumba class this morning, was all dressed and ready to go and they phoned to cancel it!

Talk about alll dressed up and nowhere to go....
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    You could get one of the Zumba DVDs and shake your booty in the comfort of your own home image
  • Options
    ...or I could do domestic chores instead image
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Whilst dressed for Zumba?! image