Options

FLM 2007

Comments

• Options
    Welcome Zoe: good luck with the 1/2. I managed my first sub 2hr 1/2 this year. It was the Milton Keynes 1/2 in March and is a flat course so good to get a PB. I am hoping on doing it again next year as part of my training by may have to go abroad for a meeting with work in March so can't book it yet until I know when I will be away.

• Options
    Hi all

Sorry to say I will have to say goodbye to you all because I didn't get a club place. Not to be this year:(

See you all next year and good luck
  • Options
    (((seren nos))) NO! I really feel for you, I have been there. Why not run for a charity? You have plenty of time to raise the money.
  • Options
    (((((seren nos)))))).....what about a charity place??
  • Options
    I can't consider a charity place because I have too much stress in my life and I know I couldn't cope with the extra stress of having to reach a target....
    Something will turn up

Thanks
  • Options
    Morning All, it looks quite nice outside, no rain and wind anyway. My aim is to run 8+ miles today.

What have you all been running this week?
  • Options
    Have signed up for the Silverstone 1/2 on 18th March. Anyone else going to do this on here, we could arrange to meet up?

MUST go for my plod now!
  • Options
    Hiya everybody, hope you are all well. Commiserations you you Seren Nos. Shame to lose you from the thread.Hope you get yourself sorted out whatever it is that is stressful.Keep your running up.

Hi BF, yes its a gorgeous day out there. Nearly perfect running conditions. Sun is out its nice and crisp WOW. I've been out and done my run 10M today and happy with that. Had a chance to do 10XC with the club today but decided against it. Not fit enough for that.May go along to spectate later.

I've got another plan from Shades. This is a level 2 plan for those that want slightly better times but it is based on minof 4 runs a week and higher mileage. Don't like the sound of that lol. Anyway anybody want a copy just email me and let me know.

Ok gang those that haven't been running yet get out there and report back :0)

laters.
  • Options
    Hey Stylish: good to hear from you. I did 9 miles today and it is gorgeous out there and I agree perfect running conditions. I would have gone further but had to be back as I am going to visit my sis today.

Will email you for the plan.

Is everyone else out Christmas shopping?
  • Options
    I think I am going to join this group, if you guys don't mind. I am aiming for a sub-4.30 FLM (got myself a charity place), which is a challenging target for me considering I am a bit on the grandiose size...

Currently on 15 miles a week and upping it steadily and I have a race a month planned in the build-up. Going for six miles later when the wife is back from work.

By the way, Bambina Ferrari - what are your Italian links, other than your classy forum name?!
  • Options
    Welcome nunovalente :wave:

Grotty week for me this week. Felt under the weather and 'not right' so decided to be sensible and took time off til I felt better. Rode horsey this morning, took the dogs for long walk pm - and then set off for a gentle 5 miler...Garmin died after 2 - and is now stone dead (boo hoo); think I was then feeling good so may have pushed it a bit but don't think so?? Got cramp/stitch central upper tummy and limped home trying not to walk from about 3.5m. Haven't had that before! Oh well - hopefully tomorrow will be better. 12m planned - may cut it down.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum nunovolante! Which charity are you running for? My OH is Italian, I have an Italian car and learning Italian... Do you have any Italian connections? Running will certainly help you get into shape and lose a few extra pounds along the way :-)

Snails: It's best just to take it easy if you aren't 100%, poor Garmin too! May be better just to go for a shorter run tomorrow to see how you feel?

I did 10 miles this afternoon and it was a lot colder, windier and duller than yesterday :-( However I did wear my new concurve top that keeps the wind out and it worked a treat :-) Can feel it in the front of my thighs now after clocking up 19 miles over the past 2 days so think tomorrow will be a rest day.

Stylish: Where are you? Thanks for the Shades 2 plan.

Ciao for now folks...
  • Options
    Can I join in too? Got a ballot place this year, I was abroad last year but I did FLM 2005 in 4:33 - aiming definately for faster than 4:30, hopefully around the 4:15 ish mark. I'm not so completely terrified at the thought of running a marathon this time round so hopefully it should be easier mentally!
  • Options
    I lived in Milan for two years and my daughter was born there, so I have an affinity with the place and a love for Inter! So you have a Ferrari then, Bambina?!

Ran six miles yesterday at 10m30s mile pace, so quite chuffed about that. I reckon with a couple of stones dropped I should get home in under 4 and a half hours. Doing an easy two miles shortly.

Snails - take it easy. You're not pregnant are you?!
  • Options
    Hi guys and welcome to Little Kitty & Nunovalente.

Snails - I think you may have overdone it with the riding, walking and running. I think you should take a complete rest tomorrow.

Bambina - Here I am. Where are you lol.Do you noramlly do two long runs over the weekend?

Where's Nearly There and Allrover. Come guys your time is up.
  • Options
    Welcome Little Kitty! :)

No Nunovalente - not pregnant - that did make me chuckle!! Just trying to run too fast for a snail I reckon; on the tail end of a virus/whatever.

Felt much better today - 11 miles - really enjoyed most of it - early am - lovely frost and blue sky - but a few patches of ice on the country lanes.

Has anyone ever been chased by.......

A CAT!!! lol

Was running down a lane - ginger cat in middle of lane opposite group of cottages. Run up expecting cat to scare and run. As I get next to him - he eyes me up and does that 4 legs together bouncy thing that cats do when playing - pouncing towards me and after me - tail in the air. Then stops and stands and eyes me up again......I was nearly in fits of laughter - wish I'd had a camera!!

Rest day tomorrow......
  • Options
    Evening All

I am bowing out of this thread as after much thought and tearing of hair I have decided not to enter my club's ballot for an FLM place....

Many valid reasons why and I should have a guaranteed place next year having had 5 refusals now...

....and they say they don't discriminate against mid pack club runners!!!

Shame as it was just getting interesting - I lived and worked near Milan for 7 years and came back to GB bilingual...however 10 years back in Blighty has put paid to that!!

I hope you all have the best of luck in the race and enjoy injury free and most importantly enjoyable run ups in the intervening months..

...remember that you are doing this for pleasure!!
  • Options
    PPPWBO - Are you sure that you are bowing out it seems such a shame. I think I'm right in thinking that if you have been rejected five times in the ballot you still are guaranteed a place next year even if you run this year. If not best of luck :o)

Stylish - Here I am after another very social weekend only did a 3.5miler but have adapted my training plan to accommodate.
    Could you please send me a copy of Shades2 and which one are you now following? Seeing you are our elected leader and guru what paces should we be running at to achieve our goal of 4:15? Thats easy, tempo and long?

Well to all who have just joined.

Snails - are you sure that wasn't a Tiger that chased you? It would have been by the time I finished my run ;o)

Good mileage everyone and keep it up!
  • Options
    Just reread and that should say Welcome to all who have joined us recently. Appologies I take a bow :o)
  • Options
    It was all quiet and now it's all busy busy busy on here, yeah!

Little Kitty: welcome to the forum :-)

Nunovalente: was in Milan earlier this year as my OH was working there for a few weeks, didn't do too much shopping but did buy a lovely bag, would be rude not to do a bit of shopping in Milan ;-) No I don't have a ferrari but have an Alfa 147GTA and we call it my baby ferrari, hence the name!

Stylish: I don't usually do 2 long runs at the weekend but felt good, weather was okay and had the time. Going to stick to the Shades 2 plan now. Having a rest day today.

Snails: LOL about the cat scenario :-) Take is easy and look after yourself!

PPPWBO: shame you are not entering for a club place :-(

Allrover: forgot you were being a social animal inbetween LSRs!!!

TOP TIP FOR A WET MONDAY: exercising in the morning before you eat will burn more fat (for those of you wishing to lose some weight)...
  • Options
    Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome. Good news is that my mum has just got herself a golden bond place so we will maybe be able to do some of the longest long runs together which will be great motivation.

Loved the cat story snails ;)

Can I ask which schedules people are doing? Last time I pretty much cobbled one together loosely based on the intermediate RW schedule with long runs at the weekend. I run every morning before work (apart from Fridays!) and I don't really feel that I'm making the most of this training...so a schedule to follow closely would benefit me I think.
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm an FLM first timer (GB place with Asthma UK) aiming for 4:30, so I thought I'd be an optimist and sign up for this thread.

Ran Hogs Back (just over 8 miles at 9 min pace) yesterday, so today is a rest day.

As for schedule, I've made my own up based on the get you round and intermediate schedules. The get you round seemed a bit too easy, but the intermediate a bit too challenging.
  • Options
    Hello again all, work has kicked off so haven't really been able to read posts too often.

Did the Bedford half yesterday - 2:03:54 according to the official gun-chip time but reckon it was about 2 mins between gun and my start. Was pleased as my main aim for yesterday was to pace myself and not shoot off when people overtook me (too competetive for my own good!). So stuck to the plan and was happy when overtaking people who had shot past me earlier, when we all hit the hilly bits!! Still felt strong at the end and did about a 7-minute mile for the last mile.

So that's my first half under my belt and am going to stick to long runs of 13 miles until New Year, then start upping the distances again. Next half is Helsby on 21 Jan.

Stylish, any chance of a copy of Shades' new plan? Will email you a request - ta :o)
  • Options
    Hello *waves*

Please can I join this merry group of runners too?

I've had my charity place with Merlin confirmed, set up my fundraising page and I guess it has finally sunk in that I will be running at London next year!

This is my first marathon and pulled together a training plan mixing and matching between HH and RW plans on here. Any other ideas or plans would be more than welcome!

Was going to start my marathon training today (yes a bit late I know), but my new pair of asics have given me a huge blister which is now looking quite septic, so I think I might be giving the running a miss this week and sticking to the cross training - if that doesnt hurt too much :o(

Raks

• Options
    Hi

Got my place last week , this is my first run and am aiming for the 4.15 - 4.30 mark .

Any advice on schedules and runs kindly welcomed.

I'm current running 2 short runs a week (5-6 miles Tues/Thurs) and a long run of 10 at the moment (sundays), i will be upping the distance after xmas, aiming to do my first 20 around mid march .

Should i be increasing my smaller runs ?

Dan
  • Options
    Kojak, I drove past the Hogs Back run yesterday and I have nothing but admiration for you gus, especially the lady who was right at the back! It was freezing and slippery, but you all did well. (I had to miss it - my turn to look after my baby!).

As for training schedules, I have cobbled one together using the old RW ones I used, tailoring it to when I have time to run!

Bambina - an Alfa is better than a Ferrari, especially the 147! Beats my Renault Scenic anyday.

Rest day today, then a five miler home from work tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    Welcome to all the peeps who have joined the forum, we are growing by the hour... the more the merrier I say!

Little Kitty: that's good you've got a training partner. I have a neighbour who has got a place although she runs marathons every other month so she will be able to get me through the really LSRs :-) I just got Shades 2 Plan from Stylish and it starts next Monday 18th so I am effectively ahead of training. It looks good...

Clarej: well done on the half yesterday. How are you feeling today?

Off to the gym tomorrow morning for some Xtraining and a 5K on the treadmill.

• Options
    Feel fine today thanks Bambina although leggies a bit painful when going down stairs - there was a long downhill which I really felt in my thighs and knees. Planning an hour in the gym this evening on the way home from work just to do a bit of cross training and loads of stretching.

Thread is growing now, isn't it?! Getting quite excited now, although still more than 4 months to go!
  • Options
    Hi to all the new guys here and welcome to all. Yes we've now got a decent sized group, I was begining to wonder at one stage.

All those who have sent me an email for Shades Plan 2 have been sent a copy.

Clarej - well done on the HM PB. Its virtually the same time as mine.

DJW123 - is that a number plate by any chance? How many runs per week are you planning to do? I have a plans for 3 and 4 runs. The 4 run is an intermediate plan.IMO the shorter runs are fine at the moment.

Allover sent me an email and I'll send you the plan. The time for your runs will be one it but we can discuss if you want to.

I've got my number which is 24826.
  • Options
    Can I have a copy of that training plan as well please, Stylish?