Options

Paris Marathon 2007

Welcome to the 2007 thread :)

Shall I start a list?!

Comments

• Options
    Outstanding work Hendo!

I'm definitely there and gunning for a massive PB - its going to be a long winter.

JW - Sub 4 hours
  • Options
    Moi aussi probably! :)

I'll be trying to inch my way closer to the 4h mark but will have a more realistic idea after the marathon de Reims mid October.
  • Options
    You can't get rid of me that easily....!
  • Options
    Hey you guys!

I'll be back and hoping to get closer to 4hrs.

:oD
  • Options
    Ah the old crowd are here already!

I seem to be firmly embedded in the Jez/Rach/IQ camp and hoping to get as close to 4 hours as possible. I'm doing Loch Ness in October so we'll see.

• Options
    Concentrating on Chicago in October and depending on how well that goes, I'll decide on whether to do this.

Even if I don't do it, I'll be there for the picnic and beer/wine/spirits/champers.
  • Options
    Bonjour!

I haven't considered which spring marathon to do yet (still getting over this spring!) but I do love Paris :)

Abingdon in October for me.
  • Options
    bigponybigpony ✭✭✭
    Paris was excellent fun, so I'll be up for it again.

I'm also doing Loch Ness as well Hendo, so we'll have to meet up there.
  • Options
    Perhaps I'll catch you on the hoof...

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    bigponybigpony ✭✭✭
    You take the high road and I'll take the low road....
  • Options
    Me too please. 3:45 this year.
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    yep, i'll be there again i should imagine, still deciding on which summer/autumn marathon to do.
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Hope we are well, not sure i will be there, there are other places to go to as well i s'pose.

One things for sure no more marathons for me this year......knee niggle has started and motivation has dropped....bring on the summer
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Ooh look - a noo fred!

Well, I have been requested by the originator of this thread to come in here so rather than typo it in again, I'll cut 'n' paste my previous:-

Hey! - back from the Urals to find footy still going strong and....

1. The Arse reign supreme (still!)
    2. Spudz continue to winge
    3. Boro find their true level
    4. Theo is King!

No surprise there then, apart from #4 - whilst personally delighted for the boy, c'mon I mean - never ever played in the Premiership and he's one of the only two fit strikers chosen!! A good fingers up leaving gesture to the FA and media by Sven then!

But it doesn't say a lot about the current crop of England strikers, eh?

p.s. if this is the final message on this thread, it's been a great eight months on here.

p.p.s. where do we go to continue the footy chat?

p.p.s. clearly, this is the place for footy chat.

Hendo - you wuz lucky, son! Like WBA when they performed a Houdini act in '04/'05, it wont be repeatble, and you'll be found out next season. having said that, I rather like 'arry, despite what he did to the Saints.
  • Options
    For Snoop:

They have just got the forensics back from the hotel that gave Spurs food poisoning......

All they found was hard cheese and sour grapes.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thinks it's harsh to blame redknapp for "what he did to the stains" - you have to go a bit deeper into the situation there to find blame - hence most scumhampton fans calling for Woopert Lowe's head...

Not that it bothers me what happened there :-)

On a serious note re spurs though, it seems that their team wasn't really affected anyway!

" Of the six players confirmed with S & D, only two were in the starting eleven for your last three Premier League matches."

Full text here
  • Options
    I'd have said tough s*it myself, but clearly it wasn't!
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Ha! You just have to laugh at 'em, dontcha?

btw - pleased to see this thread is moving along in the right direction - only one person has mentioned the 'r' word today.

Just noticed reading last w/e's paper that MK Dons went down too! I don't suppose we'll be hearing from wotisname again then..

Hendo - "scumhampton"?!! I thought that sort of name calling was reserved for the upper echelons of the Prem - not way down in the Championship ;)
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    This is the one I want to do. But I'm 50, took no exercise until about 18 months ago, body already done a lot of ' had-4-children' type of work.It would be my first....and possibly my last.Any other women -of- a -certain age out there? * I've been a ' Benevole' twice at Paris-M and done their Semi...slowly. It's a gorgeous place.*
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    * Have just read the previous posting....* I'll get me coat....
  • Options
    Don't worry atm, it's okay to talk about running!

Sometimes.

• Options
    Welcome atm! Lovely to have another lady on board who's not likely to clog up the thread with footie chat! Anyone would think there were some big games coming up or something! :)
  • Options
    Bienvenue ATM.

I'd definitely give it a bash, it's a corking day out and you've bags of time to train. Good luck with it.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Merci à tous. Why not, indeed? * Errr , that's a rhetorical question.*We shall see...
  • Options
    hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Ach, don't ' hmmmmm',D.I know it's up there with 'pigs might fly' but I'm going to give it a bash.It's a miracle that I got off the couch in the first place.* Off to enjoy the delerium of the Gretna fans in the city centre...*
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Oop the 'ammers!

Will be cheering on the violet 'n' blues this arvo!
  • Options
    Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

Not for me in 2007. Sue and I have been to Paris three times in four years (including 2005 and 2006 for the marathon).
    To be honest, we're wearying of it somewhat. So, if I do a Spring 2007 marathon, it will be elsewhere.

Have entered the Robin Hood Nottingham Marathon on 10th September.

Intend to go sub-4 hours (brave words for someone with a 4:29 PB).
  • Options
    Hello everyone, have been a regular reader of paris 2006 thread. Paris 2006 was my first marathon and it was fantastic(it is my home town too so a bit biased). I would love to do it again, aiming for sub 4 this time (Did it in 4:01 this year...grrrr...)Not looking forward to the training though.