Options

Paris Marathon 2007

Comments

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    ..have to agree with your last paragraph - whilst we're hardly 'on fire', we are just doing "enuff" and grinding out results against lesser teams such as Sweden and Ecuador.

Also, we normally play better against good opposition, and Portugal play open football, and we have unfinished biz with big Phil, so who knows how far we can go.

It's great though isn't it, getting to the last 8? - gives everyone living in the country a real lift (apart from one certain person who is green at the gills and cannot control his emotions), plus something to talk about in the pubs, display the flag on the motor and outside the front door.

Don't we just lurve it!
  • Options
    You can only play what's in front of you and at no stage have we looked like our progress in this tournament is going to be halted. We have a team of genuinely good players and we're in the last 8. Not often that you find yourself in that position. One to savour whatever the result.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Bloomin' 'eck! I thought we could be boring at times, but those Swiss/Ukraines made us look 5* entertainers.

Feel a bit sorry for Oz, but they fell for the oldest trick in the book - getting within 3 yards of an Italian in the box - it were inevitable that would happen in the last minute of injury time.

So Spain v France to saviour tonite - can't wait for the highlights later because I have to suffer watching a 20/20 cricket match at Arundel instead.
  • Options
    Good effort by the Oz boys - played above themselves so cant ask for more than that. if you blokes had Gus i think you would have a much better football team. Sorry RB - support now turns to England (well it is littered with Chelsea boys and my wife and kids are Poms)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    The Ozzies have certainly come a long way in the last ten years, and risen well up the world rankings. I think we'll see them more often now at World Cups, and as ex-pats, we 'll be able to support them along with England as the "second British" team, in the continued absence of any others from these Sceptered Isles.

Two days now without footy! How will we cope?

Went to a 20/20 cricket match hospitality thingy, Sussex v Hants last night. Gawd, what a bore - not a patch on the beautiful game!
  • Options
    Just come back from Germany after being there killing my liver for a few weeks. Am going back on Friday for the quarter final.

Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am! (But I doubt it)

• Options
    Coops - Pascha - you dirty, smutty, git - but expected no less.

Not sure i'm with you on that one Snoop - with no Gus and a few senior players ready to pack it on not sure they will be able to repeat that performance.
  • Options
    LOL! Did you go there Carpet?! I've never seen anything like the place!
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    On it goes....cricket match starting early on Saturday to accomodate the big match,,question is will we be ready to play again afterwards???

Off to Surrey 20/20 tonight for drinks reception and another dose of 'Hit and Giggle' as my good friends in Adelaide describe it, which i think is an apt description
  • Options
    Given that as many teams from Oceania got through to the second phase as teams from Africa (and more than teams from Asia), you'd hope that FIFA will be a bit more sensible about the allocation of places for the next world cup. Absolute crime that this is the Aussies first WC for 32 years. Look forward to seeing them back (preferably in Englands group) in SA.

Coops - nice (and frankly slightly surprising) to see you're still with us, sounds like Germany is treating you well.

Snoop - missed a cracking game last night. France marvellous, with plenty more to come - Henry didn't even break sweat, if they bring in Trezeguet or Saha for Malouda they could be trouble. Marvellous to see Zizou score, was like '98 all over again.

Spain (or Liverpool as I like to think of them) utterly outclassed - easy to look good when you're playing Tunisia/Saudi Arabia I suppose. Shabby Alonso no match for Vieira and Makelele.

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    yep - heard it on Radio Five Live on my way back home - the Frenchies could be a handful for Brazil's defence.

Now that Zizou is back to form, it just needs Titi to hit a good run, and they'll be hard to catch - but remember Man U days, we haven't had one of Barty's spectacular cock-ups in goal yet.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Hi Coops.

Drinking warm Bavarian piss in a scraggy campsite with '000's of beered up wafty blokes ent my idea of enjoying the W/C, 'fraid. You haven't got tickets to see the games anyway.

I'll stay here and watch it down the snooker club in Orpington with the lads 'n' lassies there, with a BBQ beforehand and after, and with decent wallop in the fridge.
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty good to me Coops

You gotta take in the atmosphere in the right location
  • Options
    Snoop - would you like to see the 2 tickets I've got for the game on Saturday, Mr. Righteous? I'd rather be at the game than your snooker club anyday of the week matey!!
  • Options
    (Plus I went to the England v Paraguay game as well so I'm not sure where you got the idea I didn't have tickets from?)
  • Options
    Mind you, I heard the snooker club in Orpington is banging........
  • Options
    Next you'll be telling me you sneak in a quick frame at half time. God, I may sell these tickets and join you. I'm soooo missing out.
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    ...there's really no need to be so defensive about it.

Or is there??

No, I did the whole W/C thing in Italy in 1990 - went camping on a site about 25 miles out of Rome; had to endure the sight and smell of all those unwashed armpits of our luvverly countrymen, plus them throwing up/urinating half the night on their bedding - you can have all of that - I'll stick to my chilled Coronas and watch it in comfort here ta.
  • Options
    I'm only being defensive because I have got tickets, and I'm not camping! I just wondered where you had the idea from.
  • Options
    Dare I ask what you had to do to get the tickets?
  • Options
    Nothing sinister, I'm in "England Fans" - the official supporters club.
  • Options
    as i am a married man Coops i didn't venture into the place. few more trips back beckon so maybe i will be brave enough to wander in at some point (sorry for you folk not knowing what we are talking about).

i think Spain were a bit hard done by. Beat Ukraine 4-0 , Ukraine get the easy draw and go through. don't want to say to much about what resulted in the second goal but if it happened against England there would have been trouble on the streets. think the Spaniards are a good young team.
  • Options
    I understand Carpet, but you have missed out on the experience. I would like to point out that I didn't participate in anything sinister, was merely a window shopper.
  • Options
    I reckon Coops robbed his tickets off a load of schoolkids.

• Options
    Haha, yeah, I heard about that. They didn't do badly though, didn't they get tickets for the quarter finals, instead of the Portugal v Iran game they were supposed to see?
  • Options
    They did yes. Certainly the ones from Portsmouth did anyway, and Pompey FC coughed up for travel and accommodation.

Turned out nice!
  • Options
    :oD

That's all I can contribute to talk of the fuzzball. Oh and that I think Ronaldo (the rapist one, not the ugly one) is really fit.

Hope you're all well!
  • Options
    Ronaldo goes into Burger King and asks for two Whoppers.

'OK then' says the assistant, 'You're not fat and you haven't lost it'.
  • Options
    Oh my gawd!!! Sod Ronaldo - I've just discovered the footballing vision that is Portugals Nuno Gomes!!!!
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    Sure that wasn't me