Options

Paris Marathon 2007

Comments

• Options
    Italy for eye candy, La France pour la coupe!!!!
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    Footy is that still on then...thought it was the cricket season
  • Options
    Hello there

You all doing it again next year?
    Any autumn Mara's planned guys?
  • Options
    Hi David. I'm going to enter and see what happens. Would like a crack at London next year so we'll see.

This autumn I will be mostly running Loch Ness.
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Once again work are letting me onto the forums... they'll probably take access away later on today though. Have to say i'm cheering on the Italians, don't think the French have played well enough to deserve the cup.

Davidm, I've decided to do Amsterdam. I was going to do OMsk, but i've had a really nasty virus so will not be ready.
  • Options
    Reims mid October for me. Probably doing Paris again as it's my local race.
  • Options
    Hendo - Loch Ness is a good one, was my first, so I have fond memories for that reason alone!

Shiva - I'll see you in Amsterdam then.

Rach - Are you still sick of creme eggs?
  • Options
    D'you know, I reckon I probably manage a creme egg now........
  • Options
    Really fancy some chocolate now you mention it. Cheers David M....
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    You certainly will DavidM. The amsterdam thread is a bit quiet though.
  • Options
    Mais merdre! Pùtain de merdre! C'était si proche.....

Wanna know what that b'stard d'Iti said to our Zizou to make him lose it like that on the most important match of his career.....
  • Options
    Zizou's career has been full of mad moments like that and it's a shame that his brilliant career will end on that sad note.

A great first half tonight by both teams, and a shame that the italians seemed to settle for penalties after 45 mins.

Ho hum
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Agree with Guy, he has had his mad moments in the past, but a real shame such a talented footballer eneded his career like that.

Glad Italy won though, I will win about £70 as a result.
  • Options
    All very strange and a bit sad.

There'll be a lot of talk about what was said and why he reacted, but none of it will matter. The game was going to penalties anyway and the outcome probably wouldn't have been affected (Trezeguet would still have taken one and would still have missed)

Well done Italy!

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Not much to add - the W/C had a drab ending, after the more exciting quarter finals.

Oh well, only a fortnight until the pre season footy friendlies start! :)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    signing off for a few days.

going to soak up some rays and get a tan, now there's nothing left to watch on the box.

No 'thons for me remainder of this year (got a bit bored with all that training) - trading down to 10k's and 10 milers for the time being.

• Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    It's finally over....must admit enjoyed the evening, drank way too much Blanc for a school night, but i blame Carpet and Guy for that. There has been the odd decent match and a few good social nights out of it so can't complain

Think i have had enough of the usual England disappointment loadsa diving pre-madonna's and elastic banded long hair, for the next 2 years. So look forward to my next footy match if England qualify for Euro 2008. Then will go through it all again

Still the Test match starts on Thursday, on to summer sport at last.

• Options
    Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

I think that some of the group stage matches (antics apart) were excellent.
    But the knock-out stage has been generally poor.
    Got to give credit where credit's due though. The Azurri keep a tight defence.

Just been watching my Paris 2006 DVD and dreaming of 2007. But Sue's still says a firm "non".
  • Options
    Seem to remember you were adamant that you weren't running last year right up until the last minute. Will see you on the start line.

Nice to see the French taking a sensible attitude to their defeat. Our tabloids would have had us burning effigies of Zidane in the street and threatening to carpet bomb Rome by now.

200!!!! Always wanted to do that.

• Options
    All gone a bit quiet on here.

Nice to see Arsenal and Liverpool are going to give some of the little clubs a chance to get a champs league place.

Just got back from a couple of weeks in France, now the hols are over time to get back in training. This is not going to be an easy process - only did two 4 mile runs whilst I was away and drank my own bodyweight in Loire valley whites, as such its going to be a bit rusty.

Looks like registration for MDP starts on the 1st September which is coincidentally the date I'd set for starting my 'long term' training programme.

Much more serious approach being taken this time. Want to do some prep before I start doing longer distances (want to get my 10k speed up and do some of this stretching, core stability mallarkey which I've never bothered with before). Also want one of those speed, distance and heart rate monitor jobbies to better track progress. Torn between the polar and the garmin. Any thoughts?

• Options
    Hail Hail

Jez - I've got a new Garmin 305. Top quality. And, as I work in the industry, I reckon that it is the top of the tree. Sweatshop do a good deal. £290 incl a pair of shoes (any brand) up to the value of £80. You'll need them!

Right. Off down to Lahndahn to see Carpet, Guy & Doylie, and then off to Oregon for a 197M race.

BTW, havent decided yet on this for next year.
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Are there RW Training Schedules in metric measure somewhere on the site...or do I have to do the arithmetic? Anyone know?
  • Options
    Only a short race then RB!
  • Options
    Hello.. glad to see this thread has sprung back into action! Today marks the start of La Rochelle training for me. I decided against Reims as work is likely to be manic around then. La R is not until the end of November so more time to get in shape....
  • Options
    Hi all.
    Have been on the site for this event, but have a couple of questions that maybe some of you who have run the event could answer.
    I have run 2 London's myself, but fancy broadening my horizons a bit.

Am I reading this right? Is the Paris Marathon a non-ballot event, ie, pay your entry fee and you're guaranteed to run.
    At present I do not hold a medical certificate, but will have no problems in obtaining one. Can I still enter without this and forward it by post as soon as it is received?

And finally, what are the comments/handy hints of anyone who has run this particular marathon?
    Thanks!!
    Sue
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Im also strongly considering this for 07. Just out of interest, is the medical cert mentioned something simple that your GP can knock up? for some absurd fee no doubt of course)

Ive just come back from paris, and it was a fab couple of days. im sure that the marathon would be fantastic, and it is probably easier to get to than the start line at London too.
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

welcome to Susanne and Bob as well.

There is no Ballot for Paris, it is first come first served and it is selling out faster each year, so get in quickly.

The medical certificate is just a statement from a dr to say you are fit to run. My dr does one for a fiver, some drs charge a fortune. Many people, including many of the people on here, write one themselves as they never check. You can enter and forward the cert on, or take the cert with you when you collect your number.
  • Options

I miss this thread (even though I was slagged to death on it).

Even more, I'll miss Paris 2007. Sue's just not prepared to do it three years on the bounce. Perhaps I could just sneak out the back door.

Am entered for the Robin Hood Nottingham Marathon in just 13 days time!!!!!

As usual, the long runs mainly went undone. So, looks like I'll have to 'wing it' as usual.

• Options
    Welcome new people.

The start is one of the highlights of Paris. You don't get the ridiculous train journey/walk/2 hours of freezing in Greenwich Park. Plus its absolutely glorious.

Tube station, baggage area and start are all pretty close. Cheeky coffee and more importantly, nice warm seat in one of the cafes at the top of the champs elysee. Outside just before the off for a bit of a stretch and allons-y! Completely stress free.

Tim - didn't you say that you absolutely, positively, completely weren't going to do it last year?? Good luck in Nottingham.

No Snoop for while. Hope he's doing better than his football team.
  • Options
    I think 5 years on the bounce is a bit too much for this one as the charm of Paris is finally wearing off for me. For 1st and 2nd timers, this is a must though.

No doubt I will be constantly on the forum in the run up to wind people up. Oh Tim, hello mate............