Options

Sub 3

Comments

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    I checked the results for his ½ - he finished it.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    thats good to know :¬0
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Or perhaps more correctly, IT finished HIM.

JeJ - it was cross country. Had it been on the road, of course I would immediately slagged him off for being completely useless.
  • Options
    Dan ADan A ✭✭✭
    I think I was the last person to see Pug alive. He came round to mine for a cuppa after the race on Sunday and was seen heading north early afternoon. He was in reasonably good spirits, and is definitely not buried under my patio.

May is becoming a bit of a write-off. After last week's holiday, I've now got back to back stag do's over the next two weekends. Will try to get 50 miles in during the week, then sneak off early on Sundays for something substantial.

Anyone here tried to get a doctor's note for a race. Fckg aggravation. Need a note for this summer's Tour de Mont Blanc, and it's requiring 3 visits (registration, nurse check-up & doctor's appointment, plus loads of forms) just to get a signature and the official stamp. No wonder the NHS is a mess. Didn't need a stamp for Paris, so Dr M'aide Upp did the trick there.
  • Options
    Hail Hail

The usual fee applies.
  • Options
    nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    Morris,
    My advice is to take the next 3 years off. Your calf should have mended itself by then.

Signed,

Michael Mouse

(aka, Mighty mouse)
  • Options
    nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    'Robo-Gobi' wtf!

I'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    Begger,
    I've just seen that Dan A beat me by 6 seconds on Sunday........no more mister nice guy!
  • Options
    nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    Dan A, enjoy the nurse checked up.
  • Options
    PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    Good to meet you last night Coronium, where did you finish in the end? I'm fairly sure GCR won and we were second as usual. Was it a tactic for GCR to create a huge bunch for the first few K?!

That race reminded me how unpleasant 10Ks are. I felt fine to about 6K and then legs turned to jelly - think I need to do some lactate tolerance work, having not run fast for more than 20 minutes for a while. Anyway, got a PB of 34:08 (by my watch) so can't complain too much and hopefully some more to come on a faster course.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    nich2

it's TRs fault, sort of
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    NS2
    Read back to Sun/Mon for the rise of the Robo-Gobi the running Cyborg.

Nice run Padams - glad to see you are a mortal too - 10k's make you hurt as well !
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    nice one Padams

what other 10kms are you doing over the summer ?
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Amazingly enough, I managed a hilly 8 miles last night even after Mondays quickish 12 miles. My legs are pretty damn achy now though.

Had a bit of a head cold again and coughed up some rather nasty orange colured ectoplasm on my morning pedal today. No wonder my chest has been aching with stuff like that inside me!

Just wondered, I am going to get out on my measured prom mile route and do some mile reps this week – is there anyway I can translate the mile rep times to a 10k pace/time for the upcoming D-day 10k? I havn’t a clue as to how fast I should be aiming for.

I’d like to beat my “old regime” PB of 38m 14ish sometime this summer.

• Options
    PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    Robo-Gobi - my main target is the Poole 10K on 3 June. I think there's a couple of others on here doing it as well. Apart from that and the league, no other running races planned until Berlin. I'm entering an aquathlon (500m swim, 5K run) and I also have the 4.6M swim around Brownsea Island.
  • Options
    PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    TR - in my experience 10K pace is about 15-20 secs/mile slower than mile rep pace, when I do the reps on a track and have about 2 min recovery. Probably nearer 15 secs if you have a slightly shorter recovery and are doing them on the prom. Sounds like you haven't lost much fitness over your time off, so that PB should be soundly beaten.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cheers Padams, I was looking at 2 mins rest. I’ll see what I can do – I’ll probably do the reps tomorrow – I need to be doing them at under 6 min then - don’t see why I can’t do that, given Mondays last few miles.

Which Aquathlon are you doing ? I’ve been looking at aquathlons and Tri’s – need to upgrade the old MTB first though, to do a Tri.

I know you bought a racing bike recently – did you research the purchase ? What’s the sort of cost for a beginner level bike ?
  • Options
    Gobi My main tergat is not to get lapped by padams at the 2 lap Poole 10k. Oh and of course there's the gentle warm down in Austria.

Can't believe I've seriously considered that round Brownsea job several times in the last few weeks. Given that my ability to withstand cold is rivalled only by my inability to control my bowels on the hoof couple with my well documented loathing of swimming I hope I've missed the entry cut off.

BTW Everyone biggup the Holy LabCoat he's safely arrived in Lanzarote and has the small matter of (arguably) the world's toughest IM on Saturday. Although thankfully the winds are expected to drop from their current constant 25mph down to single figures for race day. Still think he'll be bottom of the mara list come Sunday morning though ;o)

As you were chaps.
  • Options
    coroniumcoronium ✭✭✭
    Padams – Good to meet you as well. You had a great run. I’m glad you also found it reasonably hard as your long stride length gives the appearance that you are only jogging! I think GCR probably got the first team (our 12th man home was 33rd overall). I’m sure you will have your revenge at your home leg + it should be close at the others. It turned out that our best runner wasn’t competing last night as he is representing Ireland at the world duathlon champs in Hungary this weekend.

I finished 7th in 34:27 which is a PB (by over 2 min – it was only my second ever 10k). The course is 80-100m long (my last km split was 15 sec longer than the rest). It is also certainly not a PB course and getting past people was far from easy (especially GCR runners!), so at the next 10k you should certainly go below 34 min (I would hope I could do this as well). The GCR ‘congestion’ certainly wasn’t intentional, maybe more a consequence of having 49 male runners in a field of 300. I was surprised to find myself setting the pace at the front for the first couple of km!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    was thinking I might grab a tow off you but I have a double track day on the 2nd

Whats the target for Berlin ?? 2.30 ??

LOL Crab, you know fine well you are in Sub 38 shape, don't be a baby and do some SPEED!!!!!!!!

When is IM Austria ?
  • Options
    PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    CRAB - entry's still open for Brownsea! Hope to see you there.

Coronium - nice run, two minute PB can't be bad! I thought the 10th K was long too, as my watch read about 30:20 at 9K and I thought I was guaranteed sub-34. Plus there are about 10 right-angle bends in the last K! Our 12th counter was 55th so you definitely beat us. Our first counter was 3rd though and yours was 4th I believe! (that's the first time I've beaten Matt in at least 10 attempts)

TR - I'm entering do the Midsummer Aquathlon in St Albans on 20 June (it's about 200m from where I work).
  • Options
    Coronium & Padams

Great to see your PB's on what is not (having run it myself) a PB course.

I reckon you both would have easy shot sub 34 on a less twisty flat tarmac course.

I guess Richard McCormick won it?
  • Options
    coroniumcoronium ✭✭✭
    Dull - Yes, Richard won it. He went off the front group with about 3k to go - I'm not sure what his time was.

Padams - Well done on beating Matt; I'm sure we won't hear the last of it from him!
  • Options
    PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    DN - yes, RM won. He got my hopes up for 7km by running with the lead group. Then he pulled out about 10 secs in the space of one km, not bad considering the rest of the group covered that km in about 3:20. Then he probably eased off again knowing he had it won. Quite annoying really, especially as he's a coffin-dodger.
  • Options
    Padams / Coronium - his tactics are always the same, but he's easy to beat as he has no finishing speed - you've just got to stick with him from two thirds of the way into the race when he'll start the final push.

Dull - how did you get on? I think one of my training buddies, Richard K (Orion) should have been towards the front. Since joinging me for trainign he beat RM in the Chingford League... I need to know whether I should be concerned when we race in HBO... Although he also lacks top end speed.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Oh to be so near the front that I get to race for the big prize

If I can just find another 2 mins :¬)
  • Options
    Dull - how did you get on?

Orion and Trent Park, both got relegated last season, so we race tomorrow night in the Second Division.

Re the subject of Coffin Dodgers, the guy top of the V50 rankings is 54 and ran 31:45 earlier this year. He also won the race.

Shows what you can do if you have some ability, and keep yourself in shape as you get older.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    WOW thats fast !!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell
  • Options
    Tergat will start to dodge coffins in 25 month's time (assuming we all consider the v35 cat to start with a small 'v'). I hope he keeps running and puts these WAVAs in line. Given a 2:08 with an injury affected build up aged 37, I'm sure he can run the same time at 40+ if he keeps training - and probably around 28 for 10km without too much bother. Sickening.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I hate the fact that I am classed as a Vet

Small v is good for me