Sub 3

Comments

• OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    TR - Not very pleasant some people, but impressed and good to see your keeping your routine together.  Structure is good. 
    4 miles on a nice soft field this evening, my knee felt a touch tender but fine to run on, and outweighed by the need to be out in the sunshine.  A belated 229 miles for March, down from 2019's 330 but then I had the Paris and London marathons to run.  Geneva marathon rearranged for Oct 4th, same day as London, whether either are run is a moot point. 
    Bought yet another pair of running shoes to add to my stockpile. They may see their debut in 2021 at this rate.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Not very elegant even without a virus TR, you were wise to pause and duck out of it. 
    OO.. promising that you can run without too much trauma. I too am starting to share the pessimism over autumn events.
    A short run for me as well today, sunny and not too cold here but 40mph gusts were challenging.  Flying dust was the main problem on the off road track so glad I put some sun glassses on.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Pissed me off at the time, but the chances are pretty slim. Tom Williams on marathon talk had a good handle on running and the virus in the latest podcast.

OO - sounds like yr knee is going to be ok......remember when we were tryimg to find smaller maras for April, that will be Oct too.

Wardi - good to be out in the sun. Im still at work so its early or later for me.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Much less windy today so an enjoyable 8.3m done   Still seems a bit strange training for nothing in particular.  Good to get out in the fresh air & sun though.
  • Weather is really shaping up, seems people are making the most of it.

That sounds pretty unpleasant TR. I've probably not heard the latest marathon talk but I was inspired by Tom talking about the decisions parkrun made as an organisation a few weeks back when some parkruns were still going. Easy to forget what an important role running can play in the community.

I did what felt almost like a proper run today. Just over 5 miles. No pain or issues at the moment but i'm aware i'm not stretching enough. There's no point rushing back into "training" so just aiming for some fairly limited but pain free running in April.

Back to the gardening this weekend I think.
  • saintjasonsaintjason ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    TR - some people are still oblivious it seems. USA gone masks when outside. I wonder if we'll do the same here, if you can buy any that is. 

OO - good news re the knee. I've been running around large fields myself actually as I coach jnr up to speed. 

Wardi - a bit breezy over this side too last few days but not as bad as you by sounds of it. Enough to force a long sleeve on and a beanie. 

RJR - running pain free is not to be underestimated. All the while building strength and neuromuscular adaptations for when you can resume training. Easy on the gardening, back breaking stuff at times.

Jnr has installed Strava and been eager to run every night so we've been doing sets of minutes with walk breaks. He has asthma so I have to let him take recoveries atm. I'm mixing it up so 4 x 5 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins 5 x 1 min on/1 min off etc. He seems to be enjoying it. 

Nkt sure if I should be buying sports apparel but whilst delivery is still an option I got him some running gear which he was really happy about. I have found it really rewarding actually. I go off and top up to 30 or 40 minutes after we're done which is just about fine for now. 

Stay safe folks. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    7 miles for me this morning and then strength and conditioning with some clubmates over Zoom. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    SJ - pissed me off at the time, and i got a bit ancioua researching if its airborne etc but the risk must have been slim, listen to Tom Williams........i tend to think anyone wearing a mask is protecting me from them, folks are getting a bit too anxious, someone saw me running towards them today and pulled a scarf over their face. Hope yr lad keep it up, makes me smile that in order yo kick start a fitness boom all rhe govt had to do was say stay in.

Jools - i like the club sessions, ive seen virtual racing and sessions on varioys social media.

I did a weary legged 16m today, felt a long way, mara fitness will leech away......kept to the quiet lanes and saw very few people, which is my aim. I could run 4m and bump into far more folks if i picked the wrong route.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    i did the decent thing and used my token walking with the wife and dog, then did 30min cct training in the garage today.

All the pictures of the muppets sunbathing, on the proms or having bbq fckn annoy me, as i could easily do an isolated run on top of the walk and pose no risk, but i just used my token once, and yet theres wankers using their token to meet their mates in the park, have a bbq or flock to the prom.......I'll be pissed off if we get locked in just when its warm enough to run in some warmth after all the fckn gales, wind and rain,  this winter was probably the most ive got consistently rained on when running.

Get the police in parks with loudhailer and water cannons......its not difficult the NHS  are risking their own health, all the average joe has to do is exercisw safely and sit on the couch.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    12 for me.

Relieved we can still exercise outside for now.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Sadly some folk will never listen TR, it's the same with the panic buyers.  No matter how much flak they get on social media, the news etc they just don't care.  It's all very selfish and inconsiderate but the picnic/BBQ brigade and sunbathers are what the news teams are looking for - a negative story.

Jools.. Mrs Wardi does Yoga classes and violin lessons on Zoom, she paid for the posh version with a longer time allowance.  I just learned today how to get it onto the TV screen! 

Still ticking over here around 50mpw.  7.5m today in t-shirt & shorts, I only saw about 5 people on the route so no problem with space. The Mrs has put together a Rogan Josh so that and a few beerios indoors later. 
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Wardi - I am with you, it is odd training without an upcoming race as a stimulus. 
    SJ - Great that junior is exercising with you.  Strava - wow. The future looks bright, it sure looks competitive.  
    Joolska - Nice one. 
    RJR - A 5m run without any subsequent pain is really good.  As you say pointless doing a great deal more at the moment and run the injury risks.   
    TR - Nice 16m, your engine is still ticking over nicely.  Going forwards I cannot imagine Hancock would do that at least nationwide, the mental health costs, which he is aware, would be too great.  Not helped though by the Scottish CMO behaviour. 
    9m y'day and as a bit of sore knee, just a 5 miler with the pooch on a softish surface (passed people count 0).  
    Zoom is a revelation. Had an online meet up with some University friends last night for some beers, first time I've seen one of the guys in 5 years.   
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Jools - im with you there.

Wardi - t shirt eh, i might be down to 1 layer now then, depends if i run early or late. Well done Mrs Wardi on the curry......my youngest is 19 Tuesday, he is going to have a quiet birthday !

OO - 16 felt a ling way yday, legs got really tired but i thibk its cos i only toddled along. You are in an ideal place for running at the mo. Agreed re CMO she should have been sacked and fined heavily one week before Easter,  the lack of morals is astonishing given her current role.

LMH - everything ok at yr end?
  • Wardi - great news on the curry and beers. I bit the bullet this afternoon and purchased a treadmill. Went for a NordicTrack T14.0. I was pre-empting Nick Hancock banning us from going out. As it goes we're still good but I got it as Mrs SJ has mentioned she would be interested in using it. I'm not expecting to get it for a while yet as delivery is obviously compromised currently. Kind of feel guilty actually as it's not really essential is it? Interesting re the zoom lessons. Mrs SJ recently purchased a violin to help with her mental health issues, finding time for things she enjoys etc. She used to play in an orchestra as a teen so some lessons will be her next step. 

TR - well done on the dog walking token. I assumed walking the dog AND an exercise token could be played? 

OO - hope the knee settles. We have a zoom call with the whole company next week. Should be interesting. 

Jools - ticking over well now it seems. More zoom'ing too. Awesome. 

44 ish k this end so barely ticking over but getting out there and a lot of the runs start with Jnr on the footie fields. A nice change of pace tbh.

I've stopped getting edgy about the idiots. This virus doesn't discriminate so maybe those flouting the rules who think it wint affect them may have a rude awakening. 

MiL is battling to survive having tested positive midweek. She was taken to hospital but returned to her care home. Obviously my wife is struggling but mainly with not being able to be with her. 

Stay safe folks. 
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    Best wishes to you and yours SJ. 
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    Ive been DIYing all week, laying floors, digging trenches and installing lighting bollards. I did manage a 13 with a 3-2-1 at MP finish on Friday but been knackered since. 

Singlet worn for yesterdays 3m recovery.

• CharlieWCharlieW ✭✭✭
    I've taken to running more down the middle of deserted urban streets, as it was getting a bit busy on my preferred towpath. Our wide tarmac busway path is still pretty good though. Nice bit by Sophie Raworth on the Beeb, she's also missing VLM, and going for the "28 Days Later" urban running: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52155029

A race of sorts yesterday -- I tried the 5K time trial in line with the rules for the national road relays virtual championship, though I'm too slow to count for my club so I didn't register. Actually my fastest 5K for a couple of years -- though I cunningly chose a one-way route downwind, which was a bit of a cheat, offset by stopping  my watch a few seconds late (in 17:56) and of course having nobody to race against. Running home into the wind was a well-deserved slog... 15M for the afternoon.

And I'm doing some biking, too, so that's what I did this morning with somewhat creaky legs and some stuff to deliver for the parents-in-law.

I'll go for shuttle runs in my garden (Victorian style, long and thin) if the numpties get us all banned from outdoor exercise. Like the golf course running CD, good thought!

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Short cycle ride for me this morning. Exercise is for sanity just now!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    SJ - fingers crossed for MiL, your wife is having a tough time.

Tasty 13 menn, not sure on the singlet, thats the odd time each year for me.

10m after work today.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Sorry, SJ, I meant to say this morning I hope things are okay for your wife and MIL. That's horrible news.
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    Cheers TR - felt it at the end, Ive a mile long track over my neighbours land I can use - looping round and round if push comes to shove due to the F wits.
     Ive not got out again today but the floor is finished now and will get back at it tomorrow. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Menn - hopefully well still be allowed out for the duration.

My youngest isnt going to have a very rock and roll 19th bday today!

10m inc 10x3min this morning, as my weekly session, kind of enjoy it and another week has elapsed by the time it comes round again.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday, TR junior!

8.5 miles with 6 X 1km for me. Nothing like mixing your units up to keep things fresh ;)  then a strength session focusing on ankle stability over Zoom with my regular sports masseur: doing my bit to keep the self employed afloat!
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    We too are trying to support the local businesses that are still open.  One is offering to deliver groceries & beer via horse & cart!
    Many happy returns to the young lad TR, I had to conjure up an indoor birthday meal/treat for Mrs Wardi recently. 
    SJ.. tough days for your family in more ways than one, hope everything works out.
    Great time trial Charlie, nice to have a sub 18 on the watch.
    Menn.. good DIY skills, a nurse once told me that DIY is a common way for men to get injured apparently.  ;)  Hope today's run went well.
    Just over 9m for me today, beautiful day for it.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    SJ - Best wishes to you all.
    Wardi - Nice 9m.  Same here for local shops, £3.50 for a bar of admittedly delicious Cornish chocolate was a tad steep perhaps! 
    Menn - Surely you win the award for householder of the day/ week with the floor. I've merely oprdered some paint, which I will stare at for a while. 
    CW - Good sub18 and the skills in chosing the route was as cunning as a fox who used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.
    Jools - Good session that.
    Left knee still giving me gyp so been cycling for the past 2 days on far quieter roads than usual, forgotten how much I enjoy it. 5m 8mm run this morning with the pooch.  Leg feeling slightly better.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Jools - i like the ankle work, good idea.

Wardi - a horse and cart can bring you a lot of beer!

OO - agreed, i miss cycling (on good weather days).

Easy 10 after work today, taper must be working as an amazing pace with av 7.36 for a post work womble.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Nike have 30% off sale items, so i just bought a pair of Peg 36 for £43, although it did make the free delivery away and charge me £4.50. Thats about as cheap as it gets for Pegs.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Here is the evidence TR, my mate just had a box of beer delivered!

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    That's awesome! No deliveries by horse and cart here, but last year someone did come to the local pub by horse and cart:
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Excellent stuff, i hope the horses get a snifter too.

Me Tenagain today here.