Options

Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

Comments

• Options

hi mykey

ran this morning, back before 7.30, my earliest yet i think.

however, p.f. in left foot worse for rest of day, needed a lift home from work, so . . .

i'll ask doc for injection on tues, tho i'm quite anxious about it.

pain is exhausting and i feel v low image

avon's skin so soft spray oil (yes, avon) is THE magic anti-mossie stuff - the sas guys use it - no word of a lie. and my gentleman friend and i used it in argyll and it kept all away and doesnt smell bad.

• Options

Mykey,  so that's good then?

1) that's what I thought, 2) ditto, I worked everso hard espesh as some of it was uphill and into the wind. What I didn't mention image was that for half the run I had the wind on my back and there were also some downhill bits too,  3) image  

How was your long run? I was in London for the weekend, got back at 5:30, went out for an 8 miler with another 9 to be bagged in the morning - to mate's, with mate, back from mate. A 5 on  Tuesday, last running school on Wednesday, got a 13 planned for Thursday and a rest day on Friday. Something will happen on Saturday, not sure what yet.

Sarah, do injections help pf? I know about Avon so soft. it's good stuff when I remember to put it on! Well done for getting out there. I too am usually an early bird.

The big news is that I may run with the club on Tuesday night.  Watch this space.

• Options

Not run since Fri image MIL been with us and its been stressful, she departed this morning image also had hospital yesterday re rheumatoid arthritis, consultant did ultra sound on them and we could see lots of inflammation etc so confirmed yes thats what I have and it also jumps round my body and of recent been affecting my knees image so I start meds this week which can take upto 3 months to work if my body accepts them image so had a steroid injection in my bottom image which will help me for a couple of months image I have to have blood tests every 2 weeks image fingers crossed that in the coming months I get out of bed and feel my age not 80 image

Well done everyone on your running, I shall be out tonight for one myself thats for sure image

I also knew about the Avon skin so soft and its what the SAS use, I actually cant stand the smell of it but if I ever go to the jungle I will use it image

• Options

Hi folks.

Sorry I've not been around. I'm having a bit of a 'mare with work and personal stuff messing with my head and running has taken a bit of a back step for the mo. As Arnie said "I'll be back" but at the moment Garbo's "I vant to be a looon" is more appropriate...

Keep calm and Jog on image

• Options

evening twiglet_legs, mykey et al,

had the injection this morning - WOWZERS that was SORE!

relief was in minutes, lasted quite a few hours and then a gentle ache returned, which i knew would happen (its not a miracle cure)

even tho initially pain-free, i still stepped gently and got a taxi home and did nothing else all aday, and have arranged lifts to/from work tomorrow and thurs, so . .

wish me luck for friday morning - if pain free i trot again!

booey, i empathise -  i had those jabs in both my hips at one time or another, and it is similar one i had in heel today.

• Options

Booey, ouch ouch ouch

Sarah, ouch ouch ouch.

Mykey, you look nothing like Garbo.

I ran with the club tonight. It was kinda good but I got told off for running too fast with the novices and shouting "C'mon" and leading them though cowshit infested puddles image. I enjoyed it though. Kit is in the garage, I daren't bring it into the house image

• Options

hahahahaha!

have you seen . .  there is a thread all about dirty laundry?

'what do you do with your sweaty gear' or something . . .  .

wise move to bani sh-it to the garage . . . .

• Options
    Ouch to cortisone injections had one in my elbow many years ago. Funny thing is its didn't hurt having it done it was a hour later! Going for a twenty minute run in a bit , then out for a 25ish one Friday all being well.

Went to fat fighters lost more weight only 10lb to go till target weight

Lol @ twiglet legs I would of paid good money to see that
  • Options

I think I have trench foot

• Options

afternoon all,

just to say thanks for all the support and humour.

i've realised (no, thats not quite true - my gentleman friend realised and then told me!) that i have been so focussed on not being able to go out for a trot, that i had completely overlooked the fact that my WALKING speed and distances had also decreased substantially.

so, i have decided i am not going to try running until i have build my walking back up to my brisk rate over my 'longer' route to work (2miles there, 2 back)

i really dont want to go thru all this pain again, so it'll be slow and steady for a while.

today foot PAIN FREE if i remember to walk steady and slow and not rush around, so i hope this will continue.

• Options
    Achilles finally reminded me that it's only 5 months since surgery image don't think I will be running for a few days very frustrating.
  • Options

TL - trench foot image

Sarah - glad your foot is feeling ok, like you say take it steady image

Dee - take it easy you dont want to aggravate it

Mykey - hope everything is ok image

I ran with the club last night and did the usual 5K, really enjoyed it although very warm image I was actually a front runner for a change image 

The injection is working well, hands feel alot better and I can walk down the stairs normally in the morning image

• Options

Still going strong I see.

The thread that is.

• Options

booey - me too! one thing i noticed was no longer having to haul myself up the stairs using the bannisters, cos i couldnt push down on my foot - a great feeling of freedom, being pain free!

• Options
    Achilles felt ok again this morning, weird. Just over a 2 mile run done with no pain, really don't get it?

Oh well rest for me over the weekend, have a good one all x
  • Options

Sarah - my hands ached abit this morning but not as bad image I am starting the actual tablets on Monday as I am out for curry and drinking tonight image and I need to give the booze up with this medication as there are or could be a few side affects image we will see

Dee - really pleased your run was pain free image maybe just slowly but surely is the trick image

Finishing at 3 to hopefully have a run, it is peeing it down here image rubbish this weather.  Have a great weekend everyone image

• Options

Hello all

Sorry for not being around...family stuff and workimage done some running..but not a lot!

Sarah - I have suffered with Pf for a ocuple of years. decided not to have the injection but used orthotics, lots of exercises and cut down a bit on running...sems okay at the moment.

Booey - sorry to hear about the RA. Not sure what meds you have been prescribed, hope they do the trickimageI have Lupus (SLE) and take an antimalarial drug, seems to help with the joint pain. Occasionally have steriods but mostly can manage without.

Mykey - I see you are struggling with the timetable as well...hope things ease up for you.

Will try to get on here more oftenimage

• Options

Oh Dog I hate marathon training!

• Options

did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

he used to lay awake nights, wondering if there really is a dog

• Options

Mad - nice to hear from you and I hope all is ok with you and yours

I am taking Methotrexate, 6 tablets same time once a week for 2 weeks then if I dont have bad side effects up it to 8 tablets from week 3 image can take a while to get working but the steriod injection I had last week has really helped image I have to have blood tests every 2 weeks image

I did a nice 6.2 miles on Sunday and am out with the club tonight image

Got Rugby R4L 5K on Sunday, it was my first race when I started road running last year so looking forward to seeing what I can do this year image

• Options

Morning all

Sarah - LOL!

Booey - I really hope the meds help and the side effects are not too bad.

Master MWW's 13th birthday today, I now have thee teenagers in the houseimage

• Options

Booey, Hang in there. Hope the meds work and well done on the mileage.

Mad, I am allergic to teenagers, in fact I am allergic to anyone under 25 I think.

I need to head for higher ground. Dorset is a little damp.  A couple of my usual routes are under feet of water. Heng Head is OK but I am bored with it now. Gorgeous morning this morning so it could be Ferndown and part of the Castlemain trailway. Let's see how much mud there is.

• Options

good morning all

i've not been on here for a very long time, haven't ran since december. my problem with left shoulder has cleared up but started to have problems with the right one, that is now starting to get better.may start running again soon in the meantime i've been doing wi-fit exercises

• Options

Mad - enjoy the birthday celebrations image I am afraid I am like TL and children just do my head in haha

TL - you have had some serious flooding your way I have seen on the news image 

Grandad - Hi and welcome

I did 5.6 miles last night with the club, Thurs we are doing intervals image

• Options

Good evening folks

Well done for all the good running going onimage

Booey-the key with intervals is not to go off too fast - you should run the last one just as fast as the first. Anyway you probably have already done intervals if you started running with a run/walk programme image

TL-x train Canoeing?

Q-Welcome back. Shame to hear about your other shoulder.image Fingers crossed you'll be back on form soon.

Mad-Happy birthday to Master Madimage How are the rest of the family? Are you getting chance for the odd run?

Dee and Sarah-you still around?

Right so after a crisis of (running) confidence a couple of weeks ago coupled with work suddenly ramping up and getting some disappointing career news I AM BACK!

My running is going well this week, despite the weather. Work has settled down a bit and I now have a few options to deal with the career issues. I'm a weeble - I may wobble but I don't fall down. image Actually I look a bit like a weeble at the mo...image must do better on the diet.

• Options

evening mykey,

thanks for asking, i'm still around but as i'm not trying to run at the moment, and am building my walking back up to post-injury briskness, i feel a bit of a fraud posting on a runners forum!

hi twiglet-legs, ah ferndown! hengistbury head! i must go home again soon, i miss it (17 years up in nottinghamshire, which is a lovely place, but dorset is home)

• Options
    Still around too thanks Mykey.

Had some things to sort out in my mind - since we lost dad a few months ago it changed how I view alot of things so taken the brave??? step of getting rid of the things out of my life that were making me unhappy. Feel so much better for it.

Running is going great got x2 2 mile runs in this week and hoping for another tomorrow.

As for the weather euurgghhhg the hospital I work in got struck by lightening yesterday, certainly woke a few patients up that we're sleeping image
  • Options

Feck! Rain againimage

Not feeling terribly motivated to run this evening but

I have 5.5 miles to go, the Garmin is charged, it's getting dark and I'm wearing a dayglo running jacket...image HIT IT!

• Options

But Mykey, 5am  and the sun was out, the birdies (that were awake) were singing and Dorset was beautiful. You should have been here. There were hills too and the sea was FAC. It all went a bit pear shaped after that and it's still raining now. My running is still poo. Fab technique but utterly exhausting to maintain.  Is that better than crap technique but can go for absolutely bloody ages? It's doing my head in. I  don't have career crises, stuck where I am but loving it, in London tomorrow and again monday (colleagues funeral - due to retire in six weeks, v. sad). Next week is completely mental. London Monday, Salisbury Tuesday, Cambridge Wednesday, birthday Thursday  image (dentist, hygienist, conference call for work) and software testing all day Friday. Olympic torch passes my door on Saturday of this week but bridge is full of potholes (been repaired 4 times in 8 days) and I can see someone landing flat on their face.  Life is a blast.

• Options
    Olympic torch is in my town too Saturday TW we must live close to each other